RetroArch Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ShadowOne333, Dec 30, 2017.

1. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    I'm sure they'll be back up later today. Probably a glitch or something. Or perhaps they found an issue and decided to rebuild all the platforms again.

2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Oh very nice. Finally they are visualizing achievements like it should have been done since the beginning. :)
    Also I'm happy that there's a new stable release as it beats up my laziness to set up a new clean RetroArch on my Switch.

@m4xw: Does 1.7.7 include all your recent work (N64, PSP, DosBox and so on)?

FanboyKilla and Budsixz like this.
  3. minomore

minomore Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    1.7.7 crashes when trying to access the video settings

4. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Someone confirmed this.. will need to check in 10h when I am home..
    Sorry for that.

lordelan, Budsixz and minomore like this.
  5. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    Sir are all the latest changes included in 1.7.7 build (relating to n64,psp,etc.)

6. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    ye

lordelan and Budsixz like this.
  7. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Fix for the bug is pushed and will be on the next nightly cycle + we will hotfix stable.
    Bot is so sloooooooooooooow.........

8. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Can someone explain what these two points from the 1.7.7 changelog mean?
    • COMMON: Add subsystem support for playlists. Subsystem info is automatically saved to the history playlist for easy relaunching.
    • MENU: Add optional playlist sublabels (associated core + play time, where available).
    They sound very interesting to me (since I'm a big playlist fan :P).

FanboyKilla likes this.
  9. juancava

juancava Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2018
    Spain
    is the dosbox dynarec included in the latest nightly? if so, can someone post a conf file showing how to mount iso?
    Thank you very much!

10. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    No idea about COMMON, but MENU changelog means now in the thumbnail spot you can set info about the game: associated core + playtime.

In your playlist now you can have: title screen alone, screenshot alone, boxart alone, game info alone or combinations of them, for example you can set it to show Title Screen on top, and below playtime info, or Title Screen on top, and below Screenshot, etc... (you cycle display pressing Y)

Not quite sure but it seems you can set info sublabel below the rom name too, but I haven't tested it.

Personaly I just have title screen + screenshot

lordelan likes this.
  11. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Ah I see. Cool stuff, thanks. :)

12. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    this is great thanks @m4xw

anyone knows how i can make a NSP forwarder for 1.7.7 or even edit my 1.7.6 forwarder to make it compatible ?

13. CrashMidnick

CrashMidnick GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2015
    France
    Mupen64 next seems to be slower, I cannot play Wipeout64 at full speed. Goldeneye is stuttering more than before.
    I have the latest nightly and latest core.

14. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    What is the problem? You just make it... Get the nrotonsp and make one. Works just fine.

If i'm not mistaken it now uses a new gliden64 vid plugin, and theoretically it's the most recent and updated one, but practically it peforms a bit worse out of the box than the previous svc build. I heard tweaking some settings migh improve perfomance (correct me if i'm wrong bout this). And you can also use the svc build (previous one) as well if you want to...

Last edited by bad361, May 6, 2019
    CrashMidnick likes this.
  15. satel

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    @bad361 i didn't know about this app. many thanks

16. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    Make it compatible? It's just a forwarder, you don't need to "make it compatible". The only reason you would need to change it is if the "retroarch_switch.nro" that's in the "switch" folder ever gets renamed to something else. Then you could either just rename the NRO or create a new NSP using Nro2Nsp.

lordelan likes this.
  17. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Didn’t played WipeOut in previous version but it’s working at full speed for me using nightly mupen64-plus

lordelan likes this.
  18. satel

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    @FanboyKilla thanks for this info,however i have managed to make a new Retroarch 1.7.7 nsp forwarder

edit:

i just tested the old 1.7.6 nsp forwarder & it wouldn't allow the cpu overclock but the new 1.7.7 forwarder does. so i guess the old forwarder is not "compatible"

Last edited by satel, May 7, 2019
  19. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Is Retroarch 1.7.7 supposed to be fully FW 8.01 compatible? Main reason I haven't updated yet.

20. CrashMidnick

CrashMidnick GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2015
    France
    Could you please share your settings ? I Revert back to previous mupen64 build, everything is back to normal.