Ahhm... Thanks!

2. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Chile
    Both

3. cyndor

cyndor GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm having trouble with Daxter on the ppsspp core and am hoping someone can provide an answer.

For some reason the game doesn't seem to flag that I'm done with an area, and I can't move on. The first time this happened was pretty early in the game when you ride the mechanic's bike, and exterminate flowers. I tried to go out into the city after doing the neo dream mini-game but was unable to get the door to open. As this was pretty early into the game I simply started a new game and had no problem getting past that part the second time.

Now, the same thing has happened again after I finished the lumber mill area, but this is too far into the game, and I just don't feel like starting over again.

Is this due to a bad rom?

This happened with two different Retroarch builds, and I'm currently using the latest nightly.

4. Radius4

Radius4 GBAtemp Fan

Ecuador
    So, does it crash immediately when you toggle?
    Or after restarting?

5. gooderboi

gooderboi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I am getting a "Falied to load content" error message in RetroArch when loading most ROMs with Mupen64plus-Next. Out of the 12 ROMs I have tried only Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 load and run correctly. I have tried with thread video enable and disabled with same effect.

Edit: I am using the nightly build of RetroArch + updated version of Mupen linked in the original post. I am hoping that I can get some tips about which settings to play around with or what log files can give me some clues as to the problem.

Last edited by gooderboi, May 12, 2019
  6. arianadark

arianadark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the most up to date version of mupen next is in the latest nightly so your mixing and matching files

gooderboi likes this.
  7. TimeDevouncer

TimeDevouncer GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Someone can share his f-zero X configuration for mupen next, please? I don't know what i change, but now, with 1.7.7 i have slowdowns.

8. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is NOT necessary anymore! Just use ALL of the files from the Nightly. No need to "mix and match" anymore.

gooderboi likes this.
  9. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Chile
    When toggle after booting a game, IIRC
    well, you still need the build linked by @Milenko to play 2D games without stuttering in mupen64-plus

10. stepppp

stepppp Member
    Newcomer

Its taken me ages to get this setup and running ( getting old )....

Ive created playlists for all my systems but MAME78 just will not work.

No matter what directories and settings i put into the playlist it just doesn't load/boot anything i just get the error "file could not be loaded from playlist"

Its driving me insane now.....anyone got any ideas as to what i could be doing wrong.

Everything else works fine but this bloody mame will not have it :(

EDIT: OMG i have actually fixed it :):):):):):)

Last edited by stepppp, May 12, 2019
  11. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

United Kingdom
    I haven't gotten round to trying mame yet. How's performance with games from say 80s and early 90s? Also, which romset does it require?

12. stepppp

stepppp Member
    Newcomer

Mate, its bloody brilliant, ive got the CRT filter turned on and everything is running and looking awesome. Im using the MAME78 romset, its defiantly my favourite emulator.

Only trouble i have now is the thumbnails dont want to seem to download, they are getting stuck at 32%

13. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can you give me an example of what games you're having issues with? I would like to test with my settings.

14. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Yoshi's story

15. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    what would be the best version for retroarch

NX version - L4T Ubuntu - Lakka ?

16. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Lakka for l4t is amazing

17. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    @m4xw Did you by any chance had a try on having the SEGA Saturn core profit from everything that had brought N64, PSP and PSX on a whole new level now? (and if not, could you consider looking into it, of course with no rush) :)

wakabayashy and TimeDevouncer like this.
  18. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Saturn uses a different CPU architecture (Hitachi RISC-based) than the others, so wouldn't be able to re-use the dynarecs from them. It's interesting that we just got the Reicast alpha release (standalone, not yet in Retroarch) for Switch, as that has aarch64 dynarec for the Dreamcast's SH-4 processor, and according to that wiki the whole family of CPUs uses an "upward compatible" instruction set, so maybe that dynarec could be adapted for the Saturn's SH-2 - should hopefully be much less work than making one from scratch.

lordelan and Palinkat like this.
  19. Radius4

Radius4 GBAtemp Fan

Ecuador
    maybe dev1max will make an aarch64 dynarec for yaba sanshiro, then it will be feasible

20. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    So, I have managed to successfully launch N64 games for the first time, and I have to say, it doesn't seem like it's really running all that great. I tried everything while docked, and Super Mario 64 was stuttering like crazy, and it seems like there's this weird problem where, after loading one game, if you try to load another one, it will fail to load (thankfully not crashing the Switch) until you restart the entire emulator.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I have to put my Switch on the line and try OC'ing it to get these games to run with base settings!? Not that I'm against it per se, but I think I wouldn't mind getting better cooling for this Switch in order to ensure it doesn't bite the dust if that's the case!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - RetroArch, Switch,