Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Nastas95

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When using the NSP, I can't exit RetroArch without using the home button. When I use the menu and select exit, the screen goes black and then RetroArch reloads.
Using "exit retroarch" just reloads the .nro file if you use the NSP, I think that it's necessary to avoid crashes. Also, that function is helpful to avoid corruption when using the NRO version and exfat (at least, for me exiting retroarch/other HBs just by pressing HOME always left me with corruption, using the proper "exit" always avoided that. using the NSP avoids crashes for me but "Exit" funcion is useless)

Danikaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello guys, someone is getting random freezes?, for example looking for a game in the list and it freezes and have to push home button to close retroarch, and some times thumbnails got black and in 2-3 secons it freezes or, moving from menus or lists it freezes too.

Thx

ciskohansen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm getting an error when trying to boot the NSP. It just closes. The .nro version works just fine. Is there anything I have to do to it to make it work? Or simply by installing the NSP it should work? The forwarder NSP does the same.

I'm using OS 1.9 on 5.1.

you need 2.0

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nah they won't remove anything.
That's why you have options.
You can choose from rgui, to other menu drivers like xmb, material ui, some others I can't recall, and coming soon Ozone as well, which will be my preferred menu driver for RetroArch Switch of course ;)
And let's not forget that sweet nxrgui will Return some time soon too, amigo mío

zacly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using "exit retroarch" just reloads the .nro file if you use the NSP, I think that it's necessary to avoid crashes. Also, that function is helpful to avoid corruption when using the NRO version and exfat (at least, for me exiting retroarch/other HBs just by pressing HOME always left me with corruption, using the proper "exit" always avoided that. using the NSP avoids crashes for me but "Exit" funcion is useless)

How are people closing when using the NSP then?

nonameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do you get thumbnail artwork to display?. I have scanned my NES directory and now have a nes tab listing all my games, have enabled thumbnails in the appearance settings and downloaded the thumbnails from the Online Updater menu but im still not getting any thumbnails displaying next to my nes games?
had the same problem until I realized that retroarch wasn't downloading anything. Fixed by manualy downloading the thumbnails and placing to the sd card

Reactions: lettuce

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
its almost 2 am midnight here so it might be me, but i dont see an option to edit the time witihin the home menu. it runs 2 hours behind right now.

and is there a way to put the icons in a different order? right now for example its n64 gbc gba gb. i want it to be gb gbc gba n64

Last edited by zerohealinzz,

Skijearz

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its awesome to see RetroArch on the switch, using it to play PSX games on it :D
But i do get some sound crackling especially in voice and high pitch music ~ does anyone know how to get rid of these crackling ? ^^

Is PSX Audio working yet? And does it support eboot files? Wouldn't mind booting up Chrono Cross.

Yea it does support .eboot, im playing my PSX games as .eboot files :3

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, when I try and launch Retroarch via the NSP, I get "The software was closed because an error occurred"
Retroarch has been and still is working perfect for me via Homebrew menu.
I for the life of me cannot figure it out, I've tried everything I can think of, anyone has an idea?

128gb sandisk (legit) FAT32
FW: 5.1
SX OS: 1.9
Installed the NSP with tinfoil (latest version)

Edit: Fixed by updating to SXOS 2.0, why didn't i just do this from the beginning :/

Last edited by Illuminaticy,

vossproject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have constant issue.. anytime i try to run my NES roms using retroNX and even with the new RetroArch i load the core.. select which content and i will load an NES file for example, it will say “no items.” But all of my SNES games work fine.. im not sure how to fix this. I tried using the in-app online updater to update cores, databases etc...

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have constant issue.. anytime i try to run my NES roms using retroNX and even with the new RetroArch i load the core.. select which content and i will load an NES file for example, it will say “no items.” But all of my SNES games work fine.. im not sure how to fix this. I tried using the in-app online updater to update cores, databases etc...
Stupid question but are they .nes or zip?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

not a stupid question because I have actually tried both and I have tried using roms from different sources. Currently I have both in my ROMS>NES folder.
Have you tried with LaiNES?
Have you tried all 3 cores from retroarch?

vossproject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question but are they .nes or zip?

Have you tried with LaiNES?
Have you tried all 3 cores from retroarch?
yes I tried all 3 cores. LaiNES doesn't even open on my device, nor does PNES ive always gotten errors causing me to restart the device.

Did you try to do a content scan in RetroArch?
I Just tried to content scan and it gives me error: 2162-0002 and then I need to restart the console by holding down the power button for 12 seconds?

yes I tried all 3 cores. LaiNES doesn't even open on my device, nor does PNES ive always gotten errors causing me to restart the device.

I Just tried to content scan and it gives me error: 2162-0002 and then I need to restart the console by holding down the power button for 12 seconds?
I forgot to mention that i successfully content scan, then when I try to run the game I get the error.

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Driving me nuts... so the n64 core was released. I used the online update to update the core and scanned for my 64 roms. List shows up fine but whenever I try to launch a 64 game it hard crashes with the power button reboot error

ALL other emulators work perfectly.
Fat32
Using SX OS

Any idea or anything special that needs to be done for the new 64 core to work?

Thanks for any help!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1