Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If anyones wondering: we are in the process of putting parts of libtransistor and libnx together (unifying the RA codebase for those)

This means:
-more features / fixes for the libtransistor/libnx port (based on each others codebase)
-easier maintainability for us.

Some enhancements will be backported to other platforms (part of nxrgui will be unified with rgui) etc.
->This will benifit any platform that uses RGUI
->Hopefully some ppl will use rgui with advanced options aka "nxrgui" over other options :P

I dunno if i want to continue to work on it past upstreaming yet, guess time will tell.

Don't get too excited about opengl yet(most of it should run ootb once we are done, but no promises)

Edit: I forgot the updated unai renderer pcsx_rearmed fork will probably be upstreamed too for other platforms, sooner or later

Dude! This is brillant, thanks to all of your work and ofc the work by libretro guys :D

Deleted member 461907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyones wondering: we are in the process of putting parts of libtransistor and libnx together (unifying the RA codebase for those)

This means:
-more features / fixes for the libtransistor/libnx port (based on each others codebase)
-easier maintainability for us.

Some enhancements will be backported to other platforms (part of nxrgui will be unified with rgui) etc.
->This will benifit any platform that uses RGUI
->Hopefully some ppl will use rgui with advanced options aka "nxrgui" over other options :P

I dunno if i want to continue to work on it past upstreaming yet, guess time will tell.

Don't get too excited about opengl yet(most of it should run ootb once we are done, but no promises)

Edit: I forgot the updated unai renderer pcsx_rearmed fork will probably be upstreamed too for other platforms, sooner or later
Thanks for the update! It means a lot when you're wanting something.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Btw, afaik there is no "white screen issue", you can just load any nro and use the online updater to download the assets. Only icons etc are black boxes!
Addressed!
I thought the white screen issue still happened when there were no assets found in the retroarch directory.
Now simply the missing icons are related to that, edited the OP to address this

Reactions: aboreal

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShadowOne333
Hey man, as excited as I am for Retroarch on the Switch, may I ask what exactly it'd take for Reicast (which I never could get to work on my PC via Retroarch, but I digress) to run on the Switch? Because, tbh, I'm more excited about the prospect of playing MvC2 on the go in addition to other late-90's/turn-of-the-millennium's era arcade games than I am the N64 ones!

Or is the Switch not quite powerful enough to go beyond the typical consoles we've seen in most console emulation solutions (though the Saturn is actually playable on the Switch!?) outside of what's usually supported on the Wii/PS3/360/OG Xbox/RPi3+ with OC?

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ShadowOne333
Hey man, as excited as I am for Retroarch on the Switch, may I ask what exactly it'd take for Reicast (which I never could get to work on my PC via Retroarch, but I digress) to run on the Switch? Because, tbh, I'm more excited about the prospect of playing MvC2 on the go in addition to other late-90's/turn-of-the-millennium's era arcade games than I am the N64 ones!

Or is the Switch not quite powerful enough to go beyond the typical consoles we've seen in most console emulation solutions (though the Saturn is actually playable on the Switch!?) outside of what's usually supported on the Wii/PS3/360/OG Xbox/RPi3+ with OC?

Reicast on Android seems okay:

So I imagine you could get it running reasonably through Retroarch

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You should add this quick little demonstration video to the OP.

It is always good to have a visual for the end user.

Thank you guys :)
Added the NSP and the video to the OP!
@ShadowOne333

I'm unsure to be honest.
That's the Dreamcast emulator, right?
I believe it might be due to either missing JIT (dynarec) or perhaps it's not working full speed with the current clockspeeds of the Switch.
Perhaps @m4xw could give more detail on ReiCast for the Switch.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I have a question according a major slowdown with GB emu (Gambatte) when using a certain Gameboy shader preset.

I load one of the following shader presets: handheld/console-borders/gb-* in handheld mode, the emulation runs slow as hell, the game is unplayable. If I use the same preset in docked mode, it runs great. Other presets (e.g. for the gbc) run just fine, either in handheld mode as well as docked mode. Can someone replicate the issue?

Petrifying

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really cool, a lot of features I've been wanting such as the battery indicator, internal speakers, and wireless controllers are present. However I think I'll be sticking with Lakka for the time being, it has PPSSPP (spelled something like that.) Can't wait to see the progress though!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is really cool, a lot of features I've been wanting such as the battery indicator, internal speakers, and wireless controllers are present. However I think I'll be sticking with Lakka for the time being, it has PPSSPP (spelled something like that.) Can't wait to see the progress though!
PPSSPP is one of the planned cores to be added in the near future (iirc).
That alongside Parallel64, after those I'm not sure what else they have planned :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs