Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey
im not sure if this has been asked sorry if it has, but i do not wish to look through all 78 pages ...

Is there a way to increase the screen size resolution for the gba,gbc emulations ?

Last edited by Canna,
Reactions: afra

afra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Which build are you referring to here, just out of curiosity? PCSX Rearmed under RetroNX?

version 1.7.3 - RetroNX 0.9.8

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No ...Under the same name .

Hey im not sure if this has been asked as i do not wish to look through all 78 pages but...

Is there a way to increase the screen size resolution for the gba,gbc emulations ?

Look who is here ... salute for your awesome Nand tutorial .

Reactions: Canna

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First in first I would love to thank you so much for this amazing app . We played Street Of rage 3 two player outside with amazing graphics and sound and I was blast . thank you indeed .

I have exfat samsung u3 128 evo memory card and I play and ran lot of emulators through your app just fine . ppl keep telling me that RetroNX will corrupt memory :( .. what is the matter !? I ran lot of ROMS just fine and memory is also just fine !

Yeah I've been wondering about this too. What is the problem with exfat. Is there any comprehensive writeup about the issue?

afra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Yeah I've been wondering about this too. What is the problem with exfat. Is there any comprehensive writeup about the issue?

I am still using Retro on my Switch with exfat problem and no Sd-card corruption . but I don't ever never used save option . I think problem starts when ppl using app to write on exfat memory as save file( this is just a suppose for sure )

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
version 1.7.3 - RetroNX 0.9.8
Wrong thread (at least currently). But it sure has Retro in its name as well. So props for reading up to, but not limited to five characters at a time.

Its also fun to see how this thread acts as a "I read up to, but not limited to, five characters at a time people trap" for the last few months. Because there has been no significant development on the branch this thread was initially set up on. But there has been no lack of people being very excited in here, about developments on a different project, voicing it in here. So every time this thread gets pumped I prepare myself for yet another "person who reads up to, but not limited to, five letters at a time" and hardly ever get disappointed.

So today I decided to take some time, to cater to them, and answer their questions with as much individual attention as I can muster.

I know, I always want to have cake and eat it too, but which one is it? Screen size, or (rendering) resolution? Answers in order: It depends (yes, but not if already max size, or the game has borders as part of its rendering output, because the other projects maintainer maintains, that this is a feature, not a bug), and yes.

But no - if screen size refers to the physical size of the screen, unless you dock the switch and let it display to a big screen TV, in which case - yes, you could always buy a bigger one of those as well.

I am still using Retro on my Switch with exfat problem and no Sd-card corruption . but I don't ever never used save option . I think problem starts when ppl using app to write on exfat memory as save file( this is just a suppose for sure )
Ah, the illusive "file system corruption through reading access" error was prevented! Also known as the "Bob designed a file system that corrupts when reading from it, we probably should go with that one..." conundrum. But at least this proves, that this is not one of those Schroedingers cat, kind of situations. Glad, that that worked out.

Last edited by notimp,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Time to revive this thread. With upstreaming (RetroNX 1.0 "being" RetroArch by then) and the new OpenGL support in libnx this is going to be fun.
XMB shouldn't be a problem with OpenGL (for those who like it). N64, Saturn, Dreamcast and PSP might come soon, GC/Wii (if ever) later.

Reactions: Deleted User

afra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
WoooooooW holly shit .. I didn't know these are two different application . then That's the reason I didn't have any corruption problems !!! I am using retroNX ...

Time to revive this thread. With upstreaming (RetroNX 1.0 "being" RetroArch by then) and the new OpenGL support in libnx this is going to be fun.
XMB shouldn't be a problem with OpenGL (for those who like it). N64, Saturn, Dreamcast and PSP might come soon, GC/Wii (if ever) later.

Now I have quetion I you can answer : who created RetroNX and if we I can play ps one then it means there is open GL support on RetroNX ?

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, I always want to have cake and eat it too, but which one is it? Screen size, or (rendering) resolution? Answers in order: It depends (yes, but not if already max size, or the game has borders as part of its rendering output, because the other projects maintainer maintains, that this is a feature, not a bug), and yes.

But no - if screen size refers to the physical size of the screen, unless you dock the switch and let it display to a big screen TV, in which case - yes, you could always buy a bigger one of those as well

So whats the method of either ?... you cant say yes and no yes and no , your answer is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot....

What method can i use please to increase the size of what is displayed on my screen when play for example a pokemon game on the gambetta emu ???
do i change gambetta settings ?
Do i change retroarch settings ?
Do i make a config ini entry ?

Dont say yes or no without some example sheesh

Last edited by Canna,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now I have quetion I you can answer : who created RetroNX and if we I can play ps one then it means there is open GL support on RetroNX ?
RetroNX is the name @m4xw gave the Switch's RetroArch port after he took over to port it from using libtransistor (on which this thread here was based on) to libnx. Tbh I don't know if he really ported it over or just started off doing RetroArch with libnx but he fullfilled almost all our wishes on what was possible before we had GPU driver support (aka hardware acceleration) which might lead to more systems like N64 and so on.
However his PSX core did not use OpenGL (as it wasn't available at the time he did it) but only runs that great thanks to a good optimization.

He said that he will upstream it now which means he's handling over his work to the official RetroArch team and we might see official RetroArch releases for the Switch in the future and some new features might be released for multiple host systems (including the Switch) at the same day.
Since they most likely won't continue to call it "RetroNX" but "RetroArch", we should consider coming back to this thread here.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I still think the other thread is more suitable because most of this thread deals with the libtransistor version.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

so do you never save games at all? always start from the beginning?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
So whats the method of either ?... you cant say yes and no yes and no , your answer is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot....

What method can i use to increase the size of what is displayed on my screen when play for example a pokemon game on the gambetta emu ???
do i change gambetta settings ?
Do i change retroarch settings ?
Do i make a config ini entry ?

Dont say yes or no without some example sheesh
And this is why ignorance always wins.

Never mind learning to differentiate between resolution or picture size.
Never mind looking up reatroarch settings.
Never mind taking a hint and actually refining the question.
Never mind thinking about, why you'd want games to look like this:
AevbC1X.jpg

Just call out lout in your most millenial voice, that you feel entitled and want now.

Settings/Video/Aspect Ratio

From then on you are on your own.

And use L3 and R3 to switch back to the game to see what the settings changes are actually doing. Of course you could look all

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this is why ignorance always wins.

Never mind learning to differentiate between resolution or picture size.
Never mind looking up reatroarch settings.
Never mind taking a hint and actually refining the question.
Never mind thinking about, why you'd want games to look like this:
AevbC1X.jpg

Just call out lout in your most millenial voice, that you feel entitled and want now.

Settings/Video/Aspect Ratio

From then on you are on your own.
And use L3 and R3 to switch back to the game to see what the settings changes are actually doing.

thanks but grow up and put your tampon back in your nose... carm the fck down. i asked a question and you get shitty,,, i appreciate the answer but not the attitude

Reactions: Fusion

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It seems like there has been quite a hefty amount of Switch related commits today on RetroArch's repo:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commits/master

Get ready, boiz :^}

If anyones wondering: we are in the process of putting parts of libtransistor and libnx together (unifying the RA codebase for those)

This means:
-more features / fixes for the libtransistor/libnx port (based on each others codebase)
-easier maintainability for us.

Some enhancements will be backported to other platforms (part of nxrgui will be unified with rgui) etc.
->This will benifit any platform that uses RGUI
->Hopefully some ppl will use rgui with advanced options aka "nxrgui" over other options :P

I dunno if i want to continue to work on it past upstreaming yet, guess time will tell.

Don't get too excited about opengl yet(most of it should run ootb once we are done, but no promises)

Edit: I forgot the updated unai renderer pcsx_rearmed fork will probably be upstreamed too for other platforms, sooner or later

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill