Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Palinkat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Someone has probably answered this (sorry I cant find it). I am using retroarch beetle pce and with full ram acess its running games well however my dracula x file save appears to be...temporary...it did save but then gone next session.

There appears no way to create a save state or get to this emulators menu or even exit it properly? Is it possible for someone to enlighten me here??

Thanks!
Are you using fat32 or exfat on your sd card?

BillyBrush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you using fat32 or exfat on your sd card?

Exfat and its been fine...what ive found is the supergrafx core is ok (so using that now) but the beetle pce core wont let me access the rertorarch menus once a game is loaded...all good for now thanks for checking

Palinkat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Exfat and its been fine...what ive found is the supergrafx core is ok (so using that now) but the beetle pce core wont let me access the rertorarch menus once a game is loaded...all good for now thanks for checking
I have issues with savestate on N64 and PS1 games and I am on exfat so still might be related.

bushysowavvey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I load textures on retroarch for WWF No Mercy? I saw a thread on here but it was talking about htc files for Zelda games. The texture packs I downloaded didn’t have such files.

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had any success running Portal 3 64? (A SM64 romhack by Kaze Emanuar).

It starts up but as soon as I select a save file it crashes me back to the Switch homescreen. I am Launching thru title redirection.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Has anyone had any success running Portal 3 64? (A SM64 romhack by Kaze Emanuar).

It starts up but as soon as I select a save file it crashes me back to the Switch homescreen. I am Launching thru title redirection.
working fine for me, didn't do anything special.. just booted up and started a new game, completed the tutorial section only tho, awesome hack btw

edit: just checked to be sure and it's still working, but if the framebuffer emu is ON, the game freezes on white screen after selecting a save.

Last edited by bad361,

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
working fine for me, didn't do anything special.. just booted up and started a new game, completed the tutorial section only tho, awesome hack btw

edit: just checked to be sure and it's still working, but if the framebuffer emu is ON, the game freezes on white screen after selecting a save.
Hmm. I updated cores, core info, and assets thru the online updater, and grabbed the latest NRO from the nightlies. That stopped the crashing but instead it freezes on a white screen after selecting a savefile. Is it possible that I patched a bad ROM? I figured it wouldn't boot at all if that was the case.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hmm. I updated cores, core info, and assets thru the online updater, and grabbed the latest NRO from the nightlies. That stopped the crashing but instead it freezes on a white screen after selecting a savefile. Is it possible that I patched a bad ROM? I figured it wouldn't boot at all if that was the case.
turn framebuffer emu OFF

Reactions: stick267

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Nice, that did the trick. But now it looks like Mario is using the Portal gun randomly when I move the left stick lol. I'll try to figure it out later. Thanks for the help.
turn off Analog to Digital Type in controls, cause this rom uses dpad for portals and stick for movements

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My only wish is that the Dolphin emulator would be ported to the switch...
Anyone thinks that the switch would be capable of handling such a thing ?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The two main issues we have are the fact that Dolphin isn't really designed with the Switch hardware in mind (the ARM port itself being in still quite an early state in comparison with x86-64), and the fact that the open source GL driver that we have to use just isn't very efficient compared with the official Nvidia driver.

The latter can be overcome by using lakka/linux or Android to get some games in a somewhat playable state, but nothing can be realistically be done about the former.

Frankly, the fact that we have the likes of PPSSPP and flycast working with Citra on the horizon (pun not intended) is way more than I would have expected.

Reactions: bad361

Slim45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my switch hangs on save state. plz help. it also hangs when i try to save in game in retroarch. using ppsspp core

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The code that handles it didn't change, I will take a look next week if i can replicate.
I have this same problem , cant make new save states

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo