Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im gonna be honest ive got no idea how i managed to get it working i just kept trying and eventually it did the job after nearly smashing my switch with a hammer ive asked a mod to close the thread with the reason of I just kept trying
Unfortunately Until now I didn't get it to work?
Any help please

Reactions: Jimmay123

Jimmay123

Trophies
XP
Country
worth noting dont power off the console im going through hell now trying to get it to open again i had to power down to remove the sd to install some brew now im getting the 003 again and it wont work for me

hoping an update comes along for a permanent install

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ShadowOne333 According to this, libtransistor homebrew should work now:
So, with the release of libtransistor 1.1.1, libtransistor-based homebrew is now compatible with HBL.
It must be recompiled with the new libtransistor version obviously though.

Nevertheless it would be great to have libnx cores because of JIT just as you said.

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a matter of waiting, someone will port retroarch to libnx pretty quick. Without sd support or jit, libtransistor is just too lacking.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ShadowOne333 According to this, libtransistor homebrew should work now:

It must be recompiled with the new libtransistor version obviously though.

Nevertheless it would be great to have libnx cores because of JIT just as you said.
Just a matter of waiting, someone will port retroarch to libnx pretty quick. Without sd support or jit, libtransistor is just too lacking.
Yeah it got updated yesterday.
Apparently libtransistor apps are having issues when returning from the Homebrew app, causing crashes and something like that.
But still, as you mention, it would be on the best of interests to have RetroArch compile with libnx instead due to both JIT and SD card support.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A video of Snes9x running from what seems to be the SD card through the Homebrew Launcher:

It's neat to see libtransistor being updated, but a libnx port wouldn't hurt as well just to cover both frontends :)

If that's the case, then daaaaaaaayum :blink: Not to nitpick, but I wish he was using Snes9x mainline instead of 2010.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thats nice but still need porting when adding roms and sharing nro is harder because its contains rom in it. I wish there is guide to ubuntu vm how to update libtransistor.
You should be able to grab the latest libtransistor from the Development brach in Github, then compile Snes9x using that updated libt.
If libtransistor has SD access already, a ROM should not be needed inside the NRO.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
A video of Snes9x running from what seems to be the SD card through the Homebrew Launcher:

It's neat to see libtransistor being updated, but a libnx port wouldn't hurt as well just to cover both frontends :)

I’m sure the retroarch team are aware of latest developments and maybe already working on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse