Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have created a main folder that I have set as the destination in the settings for Directory. And there are subfolders for the respective systems such as PSX, NES, GBA, etc. There, in turn, are the individual Roms stored. Very practical

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have created a main folder that I have set as the destination in the settings for Directory. And there are subfolders for the respective systems such as PSX, NES, GBA, etc. There, in turn, are the individual Roms stored. Very practical
did u get your psx playlist shown? Because it seem taking forever to scan the psx isos or not working

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

did u get your psx playlist shown? Because it seem taking forever to scan the psx isos or not working
still no change with both regions and format on Rayman Grrrr

abilaunken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I believe I am using the latest STABLE release, not nightly, but I'll give the nightly a try then. But to be fair, so far, I haven't been able to do anything BESIDES "killing it" through the home button, as the game I am testing (Dino Crisis) keeps getting stuck at the "this game contains gore etc" message and the XMB menu doesn't respond. I do use the RetroArch NSP though, so I am not sure if there is even any problem in shutting RetroArch down this way.

At any rate, At first I thought the issue with Dino Crisis was a missing BIOS since Crash Team Racing had similar issues, but that game works now (except for saving, which is what I was asking about at the time), but I now also have the BIOS files required for my version of Dino Crisis, but it still gets stuck. And I have no idea what the problem is...

It's quite annoying because it is currently the number 1 game I actually want to play-.-

Its the anti piracy thing on the dino crisis 1 disc, i was having the same behavior but solve with a patched rom. =)

Reactions: XaneTenshi

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why some of you are having issues with multitrack games playing. I have some with, probably, up to 15 tracks that I converted. Just use IsoBuster to turn them into 1, then PSX2PSP to turn them into .pbp. I add a thumbnail and background to my PBPs in case I want to use them on my PSP. Also, maybe PPSSPP will see the images whenever it comes to the Switch. Only time I ever had an issue with a PBP was when I tried to add an audio track for thumbnail and background music.

For Isobuster to combine the tracks, the .cue must be correct. I've made single cues {game already in 1 file}, but not multi ones. If I had something with multi tracks and no cue, I got something else.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not sure why some of you are having issues with multitrack games playing. I have some with, probably, up to 15 tracks that I converted. Just use IsoBuster to turn them into 1, then PSX2PSP to turn them into .pbp. I add a thumbnail and background to my PBPs in case I want to use them on my PSP. Also, maybe PPSSPP will see the images whenever it comes to the Switch. Only time I ever had an issue with a PBP was when I tried to add an audio track for thumbnail and background music.

For Isobuster to combine the tracks, the .cue must be correct. I've made single cues {game already in 1 file}, but not multi ones. If I had something with multi tracks and no cue, I got something else.
Try PSX Doom/Final Doom or Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry guys, I confused Rayman part 2 with 1. Part 1 does not work for me too, not even on the Vita with Ardenaline.
It will be the cause of the multi-track problem, even if these games have been converted into a single image!

Last edited by Muxi,

gbazone

Trophies
XP
Country
How can I force the PSX core to use the PSP PSX bios? There are BIOS in my system folder (even the normal stock ones from various regions) but when I load a game it says in yellow no BIOS found. Also I can't get Tony Hawk 3 to load. I just beat Tony Hawk 2.

Dreadkillz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the noob question, I see two projects called Retroarch (RA) Switch and Lakka. I understand that Lakka is a Linux distribution that supports RA, and RA Switch is RA as a Switch app. My question is which one is further in development so far?

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the noob question, I see two projects called Retroarch (RA) Switch and Lakka. I understand that Lakka is a Linux distribution that supports RA, and RA Switch is RA as a Switch app. My question is which one is further in development so far?

Well, I'll list it out here. Feel free to sticky this in some guide, modified or not, credit or not, I don't give a rat's ass:

Lakka:

+: Plays a more systems than the version of RetroArch for the Switch atm.
+: You can avoid bans if you don't feel like buying a second Switch...I think. This could be subject to change with "stability" updates.
-: No sound. Again, this is for the moment. You can use BT devices for audio, but if you're mobile most of the time like yours truly then, well...
-: Doesn't support the dock, wireless Joy-Cons, "graceful" shutdown/sleep, and some other features yet.

RetroArch (formerly RetroNX):
+: Runs in the Switch OS, which means it has support for the basic, taken for granted features that Lakka currently lacks.
+: Developed by the main RetroArch team.
-: Limited to the usual retro platforms that ends with the PS1/N64 generation, though I can imagine progress being made for the Sega Saturn and hopefully the Dreamcast!
-: Because it's on the Switch OS, certain technical things (dynamic recompilers, basically translators in the conversion of instructions from one standard to another) have to be made specifically for it, hence why PS1/N64 emulation isn't quite as perfect as the usual 2D systems' emulation is on every modern device in every developed country in every developed part of the world in every developed...you get the idea.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Short answer. Yes there are full packages of retroarch "ready to install" linked in the first posting, that contain all up to date cores.

Long answer. If you disconnect your router from the internet (just to be safe for the first install) and then "install" (/configure), 90 DNS (https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/) you should be "safe" to be online to use the internet (minus the Nintendo services) anyhow. Tested up to 6.0.1. No guarantees.
--

What is best? For RA?

RA switch supports sound without connecting a bluetooth speaker but not PSP games (as of now).
For lakka its the opposite. ;)

"What is best?" Failed as a question yet again. Answer: Both. It depends. Like always in life. People should eventually notice... ;)

Last edited by notimp,

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Short answer. Yes there are full packages of retroarch "ready to install" linked in the first posting, that contain all up to date cores.

Long answer. If you disconnect your router from the internet (just to be safe for the first install) and then "install" (/configure), 90 DNS (https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/) you should be "safe" to be online to use the internet (minus the Nintendo services) anyhow. Tested up to 6.0.1. No guarantees.
--

What is best? For RA?

RA switch supports sound without connecting a bluetooth speaker but not PSP games (as of now).
For lakka its the opposite. ;)

"What is best?" Failed as a question yet again. Answer: Both. It depends. Like always in life. People should eventually notice... ;)
Thank you. I'm installing retroarch with tinfoil usb installer but at the beginning of installation it tries to connect to retrieve nsp headers. What are those headers? I think i need to be connected with 90 dns

ali.ee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

don't forget to set compression to at least 1. otherwise they didn't work for me neither.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1