Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
convert iso to pbp stra

what kind Rayman format did u use to convert? Ntsc will not read but pal does also did u add images in psx2psp or leave it blank and not using psp data?? Can u give me a hint??
I left everything blank. My version of Rayman originally consisted of 2 tracks (bin) + cue. I have converted this into a single image and converted it using psx2psp to eboot.pbp and finally renamed it to the name of the title. (Rayman.pbp)

It`s the PAL-Version Fr/De

Last edited by Muxi,
Reactions: FanNintendo

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I left everything blank. My version of Rayman originally consisted of 2 tracks (bin) + cue. I have converted this into a single image and converted it using psx2psp to eboot.pbp and finally renamed it to the name of the title. (Rayman.pbp)

It`s the PAL-Version Fr/De
it is doing same as usa format im stuck at logo on pal pbp

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Really guys, build collections on the PC using playlist buddy. Look into the history.lpl in your retroarch dir after playing some games to get an idea of what such a file has to look like.

The new nightly fixes things but to be sure (because I don't know which build you're using) be sure to quit the game via "close content" instead of killing it through the home button.

I believe I am using the latest STABLE release, not nightly, but I'll give the nightly a try then. But to be fair, so far, I haven't been able to do anything BESIDES "killing it" through the home button, as the game I am testing (Dino Crisis) keeps getting stuck at the "this game contains gore etc" message and the XMB menu doesn't respond. I do use the RetroArch NSP though, so I am not sure if there is even any problem in shutting RetroArch down this way.

At any rate, At first I thought the issue with Dino Crisis was a missing BIOS since Crash Team Racing had similar issues, but that game works now (except for saving, which is what I was asking about at the time), but I now also have the BIOS files required for my version of Dino Crisis, but it still gets stuck. And I have no idea what the problem is...

It's quite annoying because it is currently the number 1 game I actually want to play-.-

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe I am using the latest STABLE release, not nightly, but I'll give the nightly a try then. But to be fair, so far, I haven't been able to do anything BESIDES "killing it" through the home button, as the game I am testing (Dino Crisis) keeps getting stuck at the "this game contains gore etc" message and the XMB menu doesn't respond. I do use the RetroArch NSP though, so I am not sure if there is even any problem in shutting RetroArch down this way.

At any rate, At first I thought the issue with Dino Crisis was a missing BIOS since Crash Team Racing had similar issues, but that game works now (except for saving, which is what I was asking about at the time), but I now also have the BIOS files required for my version of Dino Crisis, but it still gets stuck. And I have no idea what the problem is...

It's quite annoying because it is currently the number 1 game I actually want to play-.-
Try updating to the latest NSP available (latest should be from Oct 28th, you can find it in the Stable downloads page of RetroArch).
Also, try deleting your retroarch.cfg file and letting RetroArch itself create a new one once/after you have updated everything.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Try updating to the latest NSP available (latest should be from Oct 28th, you can find it in the Stable downloads page of RetroArch).
Also, try deleting your retroarch.cfg file and letting RetroArch itself create a new one once/after you have updated everything.

Thanks, might try this later tonight and see if it does anything.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What filesystem are you using? Are the BIOS files in the right place? What about your Driver settings?
ps ios in playstation file and bios in retroarch/core/system

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ps ios in playstation file and bios in retroarch/core/system
what driver setting??

zacly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a guide for arcade games? I've tried games like wrestlefest and simpsons (4player) and it crashes the switch.

Do I need specific ROMS? What core is best?

Thanks

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
You're using an exFAT formatted SD card. Format to FAT32 and reinstall.

You have to Close Content in order to get it to save.

RA in Horizon does not yet support PS1 titles with more than 5 .bin files.

Your problems are absolutely related to your .cfg files, not the version of RA. The core is the same

I really don't believe that is the case as I made sure to delete almost everything before copying in the new retroarch folder (only saved my saves, thumbnails, cores and playlists)
The config and configcores .cfg files were deleted.

And as I also said, I downgraded from nightly back to latest stable release and that brought the performance back to normal.

I have a feeling the performance issue I was having had something to do with the new clean exit (home button) feature.
It's just a feeling. I don't know for sure but the behaviour was strange as it went from nice speed to slower and then almost to a halt just to return to nice speed again.
Almost as if it was running some kind of regular scanning process in the background or something.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i havent touch the driver setting because if i do ill mess up so whats the best driver settings?
Set Audio Driver to switch_thread.
What do you mean by "ps ios in playstation file". Simply put the PS1 BIOS-Files in retroarch/cores/system/
In the Video Settings, set Threaded Video to "ON"

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set Audio Driver to switch_thread.
What do you mean by "ps ios in playstation file". Simply put the PS1 BIOS-Files in retroarch/cores/system/
In the Video Settings, set Threaded Video to "ON"
My wrong spelling ios is iso, I root all roms and isos folders in front of switch folder. I'll try that soon asap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol