Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
hey can someone help me, I keep getting this when I try to load my emulators in pasta, would having them running on emunand on the same sd cause this or no? I was using it fine before. View attachment 26441

Could you please upload a bigger picture? I cant see the text, its too small :P

Reactions: Fatalanus

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, Does this help? (after this screen it reboots, and I have to relaunch ninjhax and Pasta)
20151005_103838.png

Reactions: lolzvid

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
CPS1 & CPS2 fills 90-95 % of the 3ds screen in 1:1!
(384x224 compared to 400x240)
It does, but most CPS-1/2 games look pretty odd at 1:1. The games themselves weren't made to run widescreen or anything. Take Ryu, here, from the opening of Street Fighter II, first in 1:1 and then the way it was intended to be seen:
S79YAti.png
The second is definitely far more natural looking than the 1:1 view, where his face is wider than it is tall (!). I mean, there's people in this thread who just want to play all their games on every platform scaled to 400*240, so playing CPS games at 1:1 PAR is pretty much the least horrible thing anybody could possibly do by comparison, but you will get a lot of oval-shaped Earth and Moons in Marvel vs. Capcom playing that way. :V

Reactions: Azel

Shadowrun97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Has someone found a solution for the sound problems in PCSX? I get stable Fps eg. in Final Fantasy IX but the sound is crackling. Thx

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It does, but most CPS-1/2 games look pretty odd at 1:1. The games themselves weren't made to run widescreen or anything. Take Ryu, here, from the opening of Street Fighter II, first in 1:1 and then the way it was intended to be seen:
S79YAti.png
The second is definitely far more natural looking than the 1:1 view, where his face is wider than it is tall (!). I mean, there's people in this thread who just want to play all their games on every platform scaled to 400*240, so playing CPS games at 1:1 PAR is pretty much the least horrible thing anybody could possibly do by comparison, but you will get a lot of oval-shaped Earth and Moons in Marvel vs. Capcom playing that way. :V
Thank you, exactly.

same thing with PGM games (Cave DDP/Espgaluda/Ketsui come to mind) they're meant to be displayed on a 3:4 display not 1:1 resolution makes them all wrong.

Sorry to rock your world ppl but not all pixels are not always supposed to be displayed as squares.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
S79YAti.png
Thank you, exactly.

same thing with PGM games (Cave DDP/Espgaluda/Ketsui come to mind) they're meant to be displayed on a 3:4 display not 1:1 resolution makes them all wrong.

Sorry to rock your world ppl but not all pixels are not always supposed to be displayed as squares.

Alright, I'll concede that some systems didn't use square pixels (truthfully, I forgot). Also, didn't you mean 1:1 aspect ratio, Azel? 1:1 resolution would mean those CPS 1 games are in 380x224 like they're supposed to be. Anyway, let's make a list of systems like this so we can make the FAQ more accurate. 1:1 aspect ratio is fine for most, but not all, clearly. 1:1 resolution (i.e. integer scaling) should be correct for all of them, considering it's literally their native resolution.

Reactions: Azel and fmkid

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else having problems with cavestory none of my weapons will level up like they should so it makes the game very hard to play. Ignore that just downloaded latest nightly and problem with levelling up is fixed.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions, 1) Has anybody figured out how to run Sega CD roms on the Genesis GX Plus core? I tried Sonic CD, and the game worked, but the MP3 files for the audio didn't load. And 2) Anybody know if the NEO GEO core plays SVC Chaos (specifically Super Plus)?

Rrenzen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions, 1) Has anybody figured out how to run Sega CD roms on the Genesis GX Plus core? I tried Sonic CD, and the game worked, but the MP3 files for the audio didn't load. And 2) Anybody know if the NEO GEO core plays SVC Chaos (specifically Super Plus)?
For segaCD games you have the files .bin/.iso and .cue in the same folder otherwise you may have problems with the sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: