Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
I'm running .cia version of gpSP smoothly 59 FPS ... The only problem i have it's that the games only load with the sound disabled, when I try to run with sound enabled gives me an error on the log but i can read it because sends me to the home menu too fast :/

Any solutions☺

EDIT:

Acctualy I got the error message

"RetroArch
:: Assertion failed at grifflin/../audio/audio_driver.c:447.

looks like it ran out of memory, try with smaller roms for now, or just use an older build. I'll get it fixed soon.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
@daxtsu Seems like 1:1 PAR and integer scaling should be mentioned in the FAQ in the topic post (paging @teampleb). That and "Do I need BIOS files?" and "Where do I put the BIOS files?" And "How do I control games using the stick instead of the d-pad?"
Current Speed:
  • o3DS (no Kernel Hack) - Most emulators are slow.
  • o3DS (with Kernel Hack) - Most emulators run decent or full speed.
  • n3DS (no Kernel Hack) - Most emulators run decent or full speed.
  • n3DS (with Kernel Hack) - All emulators are full speed.
This seems like questionable logic; kernel exploits only benefit a handful of emulators (gpSP, Picodrive, PCSX), everything else will run equally as well/crappy on a kernel-exploited or non-kernel-exploited system. And emulators like Mednafen VB, Snes9x-Next and PCSX are slow on any combination of consoles and kernel hacks, there's no setup where all emulators are full speed.

Last edited by Vague Rant,

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@daxtsu Seems like 1:1 PAR and integer scaling should be mentioned in the FAQ in the topic post's FAQ (paging @teampleb). That and "Do I need BIOS files?" and "Where do I put the BIOS files?" And "How do I control games using the stick instead of the d-pad?"

This seems like questionable logic; kernel exploits only benefit a handful of emulators (gpSP, Picodrive, PCSX), everything else will run equally as well/crappy on a kernel-exploited or non-kernel-exploited system. And emulators like Mednafen VB, Snes9x-Next and PCSX are slow on any combination of consoles and kernel hacks, there's no setup where all emulators are full speed.
I didn't say they were all full speed. I'm just going off what I've been told.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Post it here and I'll add it to OP.

6Q. I prefer to have all of my games display in their native resolution (1:1 resolution/graphics). How can I do this?
6A. Go to Configuration -> Video -> Integer Scale and turn it on, and then go up to Aspect Ratio Index and change it to the setting that has "(1:1 PAR)" in it. This will give you the correct screen size, and the correct aspect ratio.

Reactions: fmkid and SLiV3R

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6Q. I prefer to have all of my games display in their native resolution (1:1 resolution/graphics). How can I do this?
6A. Go to Configuration -> Video -> Integer Scale and turn it on, and then go up to Aspect Ratio Index and change it to the setting that has "(1:1 PAR)" in it. This will give you the correct screen size, and the correct aspect ratio.
Added.

Reactions: SLiV3R and daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
When you think about it, the 3DS's screens really are perfect for displaying these classic games at 1:1, since a lot of them were 320x240 or something similar.

How are the Virtual Boy and Neo-Geo Pocket emulators on new 3DS?

Virtual Boy is pretty sluggish. Runs around 22-30 FPS for me. It could probably stand to have a dynamic recompiler written for it, assuming that's the bottleneck..

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: SLiV3R and teampleb

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's not how a Neo Geo's gamepad is laid out.
PAD.jpg
Yeah I know but :
LP HP
LK HK

makes way more sense globally since most fighting games are like that, even SNK port on sony/sega/microsoft/nintendo were like that, but I get your point, I'll do it myself^^

1:1 is great for handheld emulated system, but I mean I grew up playing on 4:3 screens, hell I guess some games were even designed with that in mind, so..

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yeah I know but :
LP HP
LK HK

makes way more sense globally since most fighting games are like that, even SNK port on sony/sega/microsoft/nintendo were like that, but I get your point, I'll do it myself^^

1:1 is great for handheld emulated system, but I mean I grew up playing on 4:3 screens, hell I guess some games were even designed with that in mind, so..

argh this again.. I did plan to add remapping to the core this weekend but I forgot, I'll try tomorrow

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is the latest nightly build's PCSX core broken? Freezes when I try to boot Final Fantasy IX (it loaded on 10/3 I believe).

It loads alright for me on the CIA build. No real performance changes lately, though. I'm using the US version and a SCPH1001 bios.

Last edited by daxtsu,

Savior-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it normal for 3dsx builds to freeze when exiting? My first time trying one since cia builds are broken. 10/5 build, o3ds 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.