Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowrun97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
My results:

N3DS, Cia, Vsync off, Frameskip +1

Worms: 46 Fps
Crash Team Racing: 26 Fps
Kula World: 32-36 Fps
Tony Hawks 2: 29 Fps
Crash Band. 3: 26 Fps
Megaman X5: 37 Fps

And now believe it or not - Final Fantasy IX:
- Audo on, vsync off, no frameskip: 43 Fps
- Audio off, vsync off, no frameskip: 70 Fps
- Audio off, vsync on, no frameskip: 60 Fps

Same results for Breath of Fire 3, GTA 1 and Abes Odyssee.

Maybe if I change the audio settings (khz and things like that) I'll get bad quality sound but still have 60 Fps. I'll try it!

Reactions: VinsCool

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Would using a PS1 BIOS over the inbuilt H-LE offer a speed improvement?

Absolutely. According to the wiki it says it's highly recommend for compatibility. If you want to translate that to "speed" be my guest. Either way the wiki highly recommends it

Remember to put it in retroarch/cores/system

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Shadowrun97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
just change the audio resampler driver to nearest (in settings --> drivers).

I set "Settings> Audio>Audio Sync Enable: OFF". With this option I've solid 60 Fps and sound. The sound is sync but is crackling a little bit.

I also changed the audio resampler with no success. Can't hear a difference between sinc, CC and nearest.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I would love to put video samples of games in action but the way how Nintendo treats videos with hacking let alone mentioning the word "exploit" has me a little apprehensive... Got a shit load of PSX games that I'll test and report toni- ehh "soon" (most of them are my childhood favorites)

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I use this for the PSX icon I made
Edit it upload a better version of it its good with the Black background

just the info needs to be changed Enjoy

Attachments

• pcsx_rearmed_libretro smdh.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: SLiV3R

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
I set "Settings> Audio>Audio Sync Enable: OFF". With this option I've solid 60 Fps and sound. The sound is sync but is crackling a little bit.

I also changed the audio resampler with no success. Can't hear a difference between sinc, CC and nearest.
you need to restart retroarch when you change a driver.
the difference in performance between sinc and nearest should be noticeable. and CC should be way slower.

Sylargaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I can't get the games to not return that monitor refresh rate error. Must be my bios :( :( Can you rip all of the required bios from a real PS1? That's what these ones were from that I was using, my own.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found out about this, but HELL YEAH!!!! I knew the extra N3DS Buttons could get used at some point :D. Testing the PSX Core and notice the ZL/ZR Buttons are now working :D

Edit: Someone please test Hydro Thunder to confirm I am not the only one getting massive slow downs and screen glitches like green lines going across the screen along with the Screen finally freezing but still getting Sound
Mortal Kombat Trilogy v1.1 looks great. Hass a slow down when announcing the Winner, but then goes to good speed.

Edit II: Oh now the Devs are just showing off. LOL. CPS2 hsf2 is now working right. Video AND Audio :D
Also, ZL/ZR work in the CPS2 as well :D

Last edited by Smoker1,

Shadowrun97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
you need to restart retroarch when you change a driver.
the difference in performance between sinc and nearest should be noticeable. and CC should be way slower.

Sound is still crackling. I also played with the audio setting (reverb on/off, sound interpolation, audio latency etc.) Without success.

Maybe it has something to do with the audio output rate. It's set to 32730 KHz (maybe 48000 KHz sounds better? But you can't change this directly in Retroarch and I've no computer here to edit the config file).

I have a stable Framerate of 59.8340 Fps. Maybe this could be the problem!?

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would love to put video samples of games in action but the way how Nintendo treats videos with hacking let alone mentioning the word "exploit" has me a little apprehensive... Got a shit load of PSX games that I'll test and report toni- ehh "soon" (most of them are my childhood favorites)

I have two videos up so far with the psx games running and they havent been taken down

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sound is still crackling. I also played with the audio setting (reverb on/off, sound interpolation, audio latency etc.) Without success.

Maybe it has something to do with the audio output rate. It's set to 32730 KHz (maybe 48000 KHz sounds better? But you can't change this directly in Retroarch and I've no computer here to edit the config file).

I have a stable Framerate of 59.8340 Fps. Maybe this could be the problem!?

Audio sync still off?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the CPS2/NeoGeo Games, it is not possible to save the NVRAM so Individual Rom Settings Get Saved like BIOS/Game Configurations?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I fired up my Old 3DS last night to see what kind of framerates I would get in Picodrive. Perfect in Sonic, Streets of Rage 2 and even Sonic 3D! Even Sonic 3 only occasionally drops frames depending on the stage.

Last edited by sj33,
Reactions: cvskid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...