Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the N3DS, I tested to see the CNub, and the Up/Down Motion is reversed. Up is Down, and Down is Up. The Left and Right Directional are perfect.

Guysho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just played Adventures of Batman and Robin with Picodrive on O3DS (.3DSX). Runs 59-60fps until you see explosions. The fire in the building at the beginning
of the first level really brings it down to 45fps or so.

EDIT: That fire effect in said game can be used as a good reference for Picodrive's performance =p

Last edited by Guysho,

Sylargaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a game that's working with PCSX .3dsx version? I want to see what my problem i'm having is and if there's a game that works i'd like ot try it. Similiary, can someone PM me a picture of their bios folder or post one here? Just to make sure I have mine set up correctly :(

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
What's a game that's working with PCSX .3dsx version? I want to see what my problem i'm having is and if there's a game that works i'd like ot try it. Similiary, can someone PM me a picture of their bios folder or post one here? Just to make sure I have mine set up correctly :(

I've tested Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, and Resident Evil (Director's Cut) and they work on the .3dsx

The default BIOS folder is sd/retroarch/cores/system/

Reactions: Margen67

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Also, the bios logo doesn't actually appear. If you don't see it, it doesn't mean the bios isn't detected.

You specifically have to use either scph5500.bin, scph5501.bin or scph5502.bin bios versions. Just one will do.

Sylargaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay that's what I thought I should be seeing. Maybe it's just something else then. Thanks for the help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got Crash Team Racing to boot up at about 15 FPS. How much are you guys getting? I'm on a N3DS with 9.9 firmware.

lolzvid

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great, the latest build of the RetroArch cores doesn't launch (RetroArch [INFO] :: null: [sdmc:/retroarch/content_history.lpl]), anybody else with this problem?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
MOAR GAMES TESTED:

Let start with the good (CIA, +1 frameskip, Audio sync off, VSync off [for highest FPS])

GEX: beginning cutcscene. has incredibly choppy audio..GamePlay is at 50 fps with sometimes a drop to 40. With a 2D platformer...i'm not surprised. Audio is a little choppy in places but the actual GAME is fully playable. Its great! Even works with VSync and no frameskipping. It's Tail Time!

Brave Fencer Musashi: Game plays okay. Audio is chopped all to hell during speech and the music has been heavily dumbed down. Some graphical errors where text boxes won't update and words will go over it. 50 FPS often During gameplay. Sometimes dips down to 30-25 during speech. (the game talks A LOT). It's definitely playable. With some patience. When SquareSoft made games I cared about..ahhhahhaha I got you now Rootrick!

the BAD: Time Commando: Yes this is the game based on my username and it runs at 30 fps and when the camera moves to next area it goes to 20. The main options menu runs at a staggering 15 FPS but with 30 FPS I was able to get through the second part of the first stage....so far, this game's history.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Reactions: Margen67

NeohopeSTF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay that's what I thought I should be seeing. Maybe it's just something else then. Thanks for the help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got Crash Team Racing to boot up at about 15 FPS. How much are you guys getting? I'm on a N3DS with 9.9 firmware.
I'm getting around that too. n3ds 10.1 .3dsx

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried NFL Blitz (SLUS_006.17;1) 23-29FPS during Plays, then when at Play Selection, gets to 55-58FPS
Disk Swapping/Changing: Still not Working (Tested Latest Build). Still Locks up after "Closed Virtual Disk Tray".

Rrenzen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever time i try user SaveState on SNES9x 3ds stop work i have to reset he
have any solutions to fix this, or this function does not work even in SNES9X ?

Savior-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pardon my ignorance, but how much of an improvement can an o3ds 9.2 get when Retroarch is fully optimized? I know the specs aren't much to work with...I got pretty crappy unplayable speeds on the few cores I tried(fceumm,catsfc,pce, pcsx,cps2). Cia. Audio sync is off. Not rushing anything just wondering if it's possible. I remember the psp getting a saturn emulator and I just lol'd because it'd never be playable.

Reactions: Deboog and Margen67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email