Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a 9.2 o3DS and want to enable dynamic recompiler in gpsp retroarch but can't figure it out. I've looked through the entire retroarch settings a few times and don't understand how to enable it. Can anyone help?

It only exists in PCSX (In Quick Menu -> Core Settings), no other emulator currently uses Dynarec.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol just try it out. I'm sure it does.

We've said it a million times here; only PCSX is the one that needs and uses Dynarec. Unless Aliaspider jumped another few days into the future like before and changed this faster than I can sleep. Otherwise, we'd be hearing more about this being a thing...

Sylargaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all so much for your awesome work.

I'm getting a "Not enough samples" error when I run some specific games, like SimCity 2000 on 3dsxl and some GBA games. Is there a way around this or to fix it? Thanks guys.

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try installing gpsp as CIA and getting back to you guys with the results. Man, it would be a shame if o3DS users on even 9.2 or under are SOL with emulators.

Reactions: JJTapia19

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all so much for your awesome work.

I'm getting a "Not enough samples" error when I run some specific games, like SimCity 2000 on 3dsxl and some GBA games. Is there a way around this or to fix it? Thanks guys.

I DON'T think that's an issue... for the moment at least. I believe that pertains to sound, which could explain Genesis/SNES having occasionally scratchy output...

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
We've said it a million times here; only PCSX is the one that needs and uses Dynarec. Unless Aliaspider jumped another few days into the future like before and changed this faster than I can sleep. Otherwise, we'd be hearing more about this being a thing...
Here's an old quote from the main developer @aliaspider stop being so stubborn. You are wrong!
new build should have working dynarec for gpSP .cia

Reactions: SLiV3R

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Need more proof? Here you go

I'm getting much better framerates in gpsp using dynarec than mgba anyway. Full speed in both Mario World and Sonic Advance 3.

You could just have try it out for yourself.even if you are using the 3dsx version the option will not work but it would be there.

I'll try installing gpsp as CIA and getting back to you guys with the results. Man, it would be a shame if o3DS users on even 9.2 or under are SOL with emulators.
I use it every day and it is my favorite port atm. With dynarec it will run every game you try out at full speed. At least on new 3ds :gba:

Reactions: SLiV3R

Sylargaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the error I get is "Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames. And then it hard locks the system.

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need more proof? Here you go

You could just have try it out for yourself.even if you are using the 3dsx version the option will not work but it would be there.

I use it every day and it is my favorite port atm. With dynarec it will run every game you try out at full speed. At least on new 3ds :gba:

I just installed it using pastacfw and FBI and it crashes upon booting up. It starts to boot up just fine, the bottom screen shows all the retroarch text when it is booting up but then it crashes. Is there anything extra you have to do to install it? I don't understand why it won't work...

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I just installed it using pastacfw and FBI and it crashes upon booting up. It starts to boot up just fine, the bottom screen shows all the retroarch text when it is booting up but then it crashes. Is there anything extra you have to do to install it? I don't understand why it won't work...

Do you have the gba bios placed in the correct directory? Yesterday's build was getting stuck on the nintendo 3ds boot up screen and I haven't try out today's build to see if they fixed completely. I reccomend trying out a build from 3 or 4 days ago.

Edit: here is where your bios goes SD://retroarch/core/system/

Last edited by JJTapia19,

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi again, guys. Quick question: anybody knows how to config the circle pad instead of the d-pad in the controller system?

Thanks.

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the gba bios placed in the correct directory? Yesterday's build was getting stuck on the nintendo 3ds boot up screen and I haven't try out today's build to see if they fixed completely. I reccomend trying out a build from 3 or 4 days ago.

Edit: here is where your bios goes SD://retroarch/core/system/
Ah thanks, that must be the culprit, I've been using the 10/1/2015 build. I'll try an older one. I've already been using gpsp through homemenuhax and it's been running so I do have the bios in the correct folder.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Ah thanks, that must be the culprit, I've been using the 10/1/2015 build. I'll try an older one. I've already been using gpsp through homemenuhax and it's been running so I do have the bios in the correct folder.
That must be it. When you start your game from the cia. Tap the screen and in core options make sure you have dynamic recompiler enabled. You are going to notice a huge performance boost you didn't had in the 3dsx version. I asked aliaspider and he plans to add the dynarec feature to the 3dsx too but for now cia is the best way to go if it's a choice you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +1