Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody try CTR in the PSX emulator for me.

I'm on 9.9, but I'd like to know just how envious I need to be. Anything over 50 frames and I'll cry in a corner.

Is it possible to make a .3dsx of the emulator even though it wouldn't be able to use dynarec? I'm still not exactly sure what dynarec means other than "more speed".

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country

I'm on 9.9, but I'd like to know just how envious I need to be. Anything over 50 frames and I'll cry in a corner.

Is it possible to make a .3dsx of the emulator even though it wouldn't be able to use dynarec? I'm still not exactly sure what dynarec means other than "more speed".
Dont worry. I think 90 % of us here dont know what dynarec really means. Most of us is happy with dynarec=more speed =)

Ambassador

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
BwxQBqH.jpg
Ud9Bmr5.jpg
p6Vwrxv.jpg

Reactions: SLiV3R

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm still not exactly sure what dynarec means other than "more speed".

It's short for "dynamic recompiler". To put it simply, it basically means the emulator analyses the code that the game is running, and converts it on the fly to code that the computer (in this case, your 3DS/N3DS) can understand better, and makes a cache of this new code (a fast way of retrieving information). This lets it run games much faster than an interpreter, which has to go "okay, the game wants to execute this code, now what did it do again..? *looks it up in a list relatively slowly, one by one* ..Oh, right, this. *Does it*". Dynarecs are much faster, because if a game reuses the same code over and over, the emulator doesn't have to bother figuring out what the game wants, it just directly does it.

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
question: if I buy a brand new SD card, 64 gb for example: If i copy/paste everything in the brand new 64gb SD, everything will be set up exactly the same on the device?Saves, ect ect. :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
question: if I buy a brand new SD card, 64 gb for example: If i copy/paste everything in the brand new 64gb SD, everything will be set up exactly the same on the device?Saves, ect ect. :)

If you're using an emunand you'll want to inject your emunand into the new SD card, but otherwise, moving to a new card shouldn't affect anything, in regards to Retroarch.

Reactions: Fatalanus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.