Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
The SNES is not really more powerful than the GBA... it's a vastly different system, you can't really compare them like that.
And emulators... they can't be compared at all, emulators have different goals and as such might perform better or worse in certain hardware configurations.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
We need a gpsp icon now!
All the mednafed files seem to be present in the nightly now.
Go put this icon to Gpsp:yay: Hope everyone likes it.:nds:

ehDrzga.png

Attachments

• gpsp_smdh.rar
    2.6 KB · Views: 649

The_Meistro

GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You can find them on their build server here: LINK

September 9th, 2015 update: NES, nxengine, GB, GBA, mednafen, and Genesis emulators are now included.
Whenever I try to load a gba Rom I get this error: Failed To load control content does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames. ( This is using gpSP)

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Is this the mednafen logo? I'll create a .smdh for it. Or any other suggestion is welcome.
buggy-lil.png

NVM I'll make 3 each for each system :)

Last edited by JJTapia19,
Reactions: Margen67

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Here are .smdh for Mednafen Virtual Boy, Mednafen Neo Geo Pocket (Color) and Mednafen WonderSwan.

fZs9JaC.png
spLb0bH.png
KJEJGCB.png

They are properly named so just drag and drop where the .3dsx file is. :yay:

Attachments

• mednafen_vb_smdh.rar
    2.4 KB · Views: 393
  • mednafen_ngp_smdh.rar
    2.6 KB · Views: 356
  • mednafen_wswan_smdh.rar
    2.8 KB · Views: 381
Last edited by JJTapia19,

Verboten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What should the file structure for these look like?

I can get games running but can't save things like SRAM or core input options.

Verboten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fceumm: Says it can't create a folder for Fceumm in retroarch despite that folder already being there. Won't save sram or core input options.

Gamebatte: Saves sram but won't save core input options because it can't create the needed folder

Gpsp: Won't save sram

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Genesis Plus GX runs perfectly on my N3DS! :D Appears to be full speed to my eye!

The two main issues right now are the lack of proper scaling, and scrolling issues that make the screen seen like it's horizontally tearing. If these were fixed, it would be perfect on the N3DS.

I think that's one and the same issue, that is upscaling artefacts (always more visible when the screen moves).

Retroarch has lot of video settings though and I think you can setup the aspect ratio to 1:1 and force integer scaling in video options. Doesn't it work in the 3DS port yet?

I'm curious, how does blargsnes runs that well when the snes is more powerfull than gba?

I think GBA emulation always had higher requirements than SNES emulators so I don't think you can tell SNES is "more powerful" than GBA.
Then, blargsnes is completely optimized and rewrote specifically for 3DS GPU, while other emulators are just straight ports of existing multi-platform emulators, they can not be compared and much more work went into blargsnes as for porting. It also sacrifices lot of compatibility for speed.

Old 3DS apparently runs at only 266 MHz, which is very slow (you would not find many GBA emulators running at that speed) while N3DS surprisingly seems more on par with Gamecube CPU speed since it apparently runs Most genesis games full speed (I wonder how many fps you can get in Virtua Racer though, this could be a good comparison of CPU speed with other platforms).

I think the old 3DS is too much underpowered anyway so you shouldn't expect any miracles and get a new 3DS instead if you really want use that for portable emulation. Looking at the speed difference here, that's definitively what i am planning to do!

Last edited by Jacobeian,

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think that's one and the same issue, that is upscaling artefacts (always more visible when the screen moves).

Retroarch has lot of video settings though and I think you can setup the aspect ratio to 1:1 and force integer scaling in video options. Doesn't it work in the 3DS port yet?

I think GBA emulation always had higher requirements than SNES emulators so I don't think you can tell SNES is "more powerful" than GBA.
Then, blargsnes is completely optimized and rewrote specifically for 3DS GPU, while other emulators are just straight ports of existing multi-platform emulators, they can not be compared and much more work went into blargsnes as for porting. It also sacrifices lot of compatibility for speed.

Old 3DS apparently runs at only 266 MHz, which is very slow (you would not find many GBA emulators running at that speed) while N3DS surprisingly seems more on par with Gamecube CPU speed since it apparently runs Most genesis games full speed (I wonder how many fps you can get in Virtua Racer though, this could be a good comparison of CPU speed with other platforms).

I think the old 3DS is too much underpowered anyway so you shouldn't expect any miracles and get a new 3DS instead if you really want use that for portable emulation. Looking at the speed difference here, that's definitively what i am planning to do!

Welp... I think I'm screwed lol.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .smdh Files, how exactly do they work? I could place for example the VB Core in it's own Folder along with it's SMDH, then when I run HBL, it is not shown, or if it is, it does not have a Icon. Most of the time, I have to place the Files in the /3ds Folder and just go with how it wants to run things.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
The .smdh Files, how exactly do they work? I could place for example the VB Core in it's own Folder along with it's SMDH, then when I run HBL, it is not shown, or if it is, it does not have a Icon. Most of the time, I have to place the Files in the /3ds Folder and just go with how it wants to run things.
folder name and files must have the same name
For example:
3ds\mednafen_vb
3ds\mednafen_vb\mednafen_vb.smdh
3ds\mednafen_vb\mednafen_vb.3dsx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.