Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Yes I mean Strikers 1945. Why the .3dsx is different of the .cia in this case? It's not a game that fba can run?
Actually, I took a look at the CIA bundle, and there's no general FBA core as CIA either. The only FBA-related cores currently available are versions which are cut down and split apart to run CPS-1, CPS-2 and Neo Geo ROMs. Strikers 1945 seems to run on some kind of Psikyo hardware, i.e. not hardware emulated by any 3DS version of FBA currently. In short: FBA can run it, but the 3DS doesn't have FBA.

It should be possible to make a CIA build of Final Burn Alpha (as in, the whole package, not just split versions we have currently) if someone puts the work into it, but apparently that's not possible for 3DSX because of the way the Homebrew Launcher works. Without getting into technical details, 3DSX files can only be a certain size, and FBA, as an emulator of so many different platforms, is quite a bit over that limit.

Genesis+gx.cia still have tearing on the left of the screen on Ecco. try to play the game on the stage 1, when the dolphin get high speed, the screen doesn't follow correctly.
This is likely to do with something aliaspider mentioned earlier: when your game is running below full speed, vsync is automatically skipped, so you will get tearing any time a game isn't running full speed as the emulator struggles to keep up. Can you confirm that the framerate also drops when you're seeing these problems?

Reactions: Fatalanus

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Oh ok,now I understand better. Indeed a better solution is to get everything in 1 file, but it means no .3dsx and it sucks for people in your case.
We will see it in the future.

I don't think the framerate drops when the tearing appears. I'll tell you in few hours as I have to go.
mslug3 is a real jewel on 3ds!! Good job, Aliaspider!!

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
I am glad pleb got a suspension. It will hopefully teach him a lesson. At times he would derail an emulator release thread with irrelevant posts about the n3DS being weaker than the Wii and other obvious stuff like that. I hope when he comes back he isn't so arrogant and rude to other users.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
Looks like the latest catsfc 3dsx has some latency issues, the 10/22 had no frame drop loading super Metroid, 10/23 drops to 10-0 and hangs and then the title screen shows and lags on loading save menu

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@aliaspider HOLY SHIT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR WORK ON THE NEW MALLOC FOR FBA_NEO!!
on the latest nightly (10-23), cia, new3DS emunand :
what worked :
Metal Slug 3
Prehistoric Isle 2
Garou Mark of The Wolves
Last Blade 2
Rage of the Dragons
King of Fighters 2002

what didn't work :

King of Fighters 2003 (did unzip)
(Size : 0x01000000
total size : 0x05BDB000
BurnMalloc@src/burner/libretro/3ds/burn_memory.c:56
Press start.)
SNK vs Capcom Chaos (did not unzip, pcb ver)
(Size : 0x04000000
total size : 0x04002000
BurnMalloc@src/burner/libretro/3ds/burn_memory.c:56
Press start.)

did not try metal slug 4 and 5.

was this commit https://github.com/libretro/fba_cores_neo/commit/31d8537cdc58b9a9c664b84c6102f9526f428cbf in 2015-10-23_retroarch_cia.7z ?
if so shouldn't have I been greeted with "BurnMalloc failed to allocate xxxxxx bytes of memory!" instead of those errors ?

Last edited by Azel,

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
was this commit https://github.com/libretro/fba_cores_neo/commit/31d8537cdc58b9a9c664b84c6102f9526f428cbf in 2015-10-23_retroarch_cia.7z ?
if so shouldn't have I been greeted with "BurnMalloc failed to allocate xxxxxx bytes of memory!" instead of those errors ?
yeah that commit is already in the version you tested, bprintf is disabled that is why that message wasn't displayed.

but damn , SNK vs Capcom Chaos wants 128MB ram for the rom itself lol, yeah that wouldn't work, not for now at least, it could work for 3dsx once 2.5 is released though.
kof2003 seems to be just a tiny bit bigger than than mslug3 (0x06BDB000 vs 0x06BD7C80), kinda unlucky that it didn't load xD.

Last edited by aliaspider,
Reactions: SLiV3R

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Haha ^^
Thanks anyways :D

Mannn, the neo geo looks so good on that 240p screen :D

any other roms I should try ? Metal Slug 4-5? (not sure how those are size wise)

Reactions: Sev501

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
no idea, I only checked the size of mslug3, just try them out I guess, it doesn't freeze the system anymore when failing right ?

Sev501

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Haha ^^
Thanks anyways :D

Mannn, the neo geo looks so good on that 240p screen :D

any other roms I should try ? Metal Slug 4-5? (not sure how those are size wise)

Yea love the games on the screen! I've finally managed to make Neo Bomberman work hahah.. Will try the games you listed on your prev post here.

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Metal Slug 4 is working, but not Metal slug 5. I would love to try dodompachi on this N3DS screen but it does not start. :(

Reactions: Azel

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
no idea, I only checked the size of mslug3, just try them out I guess, it doesn't freeze the system anymore when failing right ?
yup not freezing anymore, which is nice since I'm using emunand with mset ^^
Metal Slug 4 is working, but not Metal slug 5. I would love to try dodompachi on this N3DS screen but it does not start. :(
Dodonpachi isn't a neo geo game, but cave gen1, also rotating the screen is broken for now
Isn't neo geo 320x224 1:1?
Oh I suppose it does, but it still looks quite good :)

Reactions: Fatalanus

uberpubert69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden memories on PCSX and it runs at like 15-30fps. I'm surprised Final DOOM runs better. I would have thought a game like that would have a better chance or running well. Oh well. *grabs PSP*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    more of a platinum guy myself personally
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins, atla skins and jjk skins are in the item shop at the same time rn, shit's not real 💀
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are going through something or they blocked me. Better leave them alone ig
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I sat on my ball and I think I crushed it

:sad:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Veho, atleast you still have the other one
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's why we have two balls. Redundancy.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.
  • 4d1xlaan @ 4d1xlaan:
    why did you do that
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @4d1xlaan, he just wanted to sit down
  • T @ Texasauras:
    admonish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, fixed it?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, kiss and make better?