Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fantastic!

A little unrelated, but is there any way to set emulator hotkeys using the analog sticks? Things like statesaving and enabling turbo by just flicking a stick would be very useful, but I can't seem to find such an option in the menus.
I usually set to right stick (up and down) to open quick menu and load state. Simply go to settings->input->Hotkey, highlight the function you want to assign to button, press circle and then during the countdown press the button you want to assign (in this case, i press down on right stick on last options: "menu")

Reactions: Norik

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
how to use this tool?

you need same roms in pc and vita
for example i have nes roms in windows at C:/nes_roms/ this i write to right down place and hit read folder. now you see list of roms. in vita i have roms in data/nes_roms/ this i write to top left place then select core from list for nes i use fceumm_libreto.self and under select system name I select "Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl" and hit create wait and save with name "Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl"

sample picture from app and opened "Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl" file in notepad++

screen1.jpg screen2.jpg

Last edited by FX3200,

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
for example i have nes roms in windows at C:/nes_roms/ this i write to right down place and hit read folder. now you see list of roms. in vita i have roms in data/nes_roms/ this i write to top left place then select core from list for nes i use fceumm_libreto.self and under select system name I select "Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl" and hit create wait and save with name "Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl"

sample picture from app and opened "Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl" file in notepad++

View attachment 66430 View attachment 66431

works perfectly! thanks a lot :)

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to remove a bind? when something is binded I can't find a way to leave a function blank other than deleting retroarch.cfg.

Aliminator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have some configuration questions:

1. Is it possible to save specific configurations to a specific core
2. Is it possible to save a specific button configurations to a specific game? This generally aplies to the shooters I wanna play in TATE Mode.
3. Regarding the TATE option. I found it most comfortable to assign the shoulder buttons for the shooting options in these games, but If I assign the action buttons to the two shoulder buttons, there is no way to go back in the menus anymore, as the shoulder buttons always keep their ability to jump at the end and beginning of the opened menu. So is it possible to change the buttons just for the game itself and not for the menu navigation?

What emulator should I use for the Pc Engine?

I believe Mednafen PCE is best.

Reactions: Thiago Souza

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I finally got HENkaku running on my Vita. Now comes a Question I know has probably been Answered somewhere in the 100+ Pages here, but is there a way to Change or Modify the RA Icons and/or the Page for it (You hit a RA Core and it Opens up a Page for that Core and when you hit the Page Center, it opens up the Core)?

Thiago Souza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have some configuration questions:

1. Is it possible to save specific configurations to a specific core
2. Is it possible to save a specific button configurations to a specific game? This generally aplies to the shooters I wanna play in TATE Mode.
3. Regarding the TATE option. I found it most comfortable to assign the shoulder buttons for the shooting options in these games, but If I assign the action buttons to the two shoulder buttons, there is no way to go back in the menus anymore, as the shoulder buttons always keep their ability to jump at the end and beginning of the opened menu. So is it possible to change the buttons just for the game itself and not for the menu navigation?

I believe Mednafen PCE is best.
Works fine! thanks.

Reactions: julio.apc16

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country

That worked out pretty good. Great app and really fast coding well done.

ryanrudolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

i cant figure out why its not reading the my folders that contains roms. ive tried zipped roms and standalone roms, but it does not do anything when i try to read folders.

any chance to create a youtube video how to use the tool? im using win10 im not sure if that is the issue

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
i cant figure out why its not reading the my folders that contains roms. ive tried zipped roms and standalone roms, but it does not do anything when i try to read folders.

any chance to create a youtube video how to use the tool? im using win10 im not sure if that is the issue

can you make a picture of your tool please ?

I'll check if all fodlers are correct

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

did u transfer the file directly there or did you moved it there

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to have this menu in mame
tab1.jpg
MAME 2003
Once a Game is Started, go to the Quick Menu (L+R+Start+Select), go to Options, scroll down to Cheats On/Off. Then you need to Exit the Core, and Enter it again. Now also make sure to go to Pugsy Cheat and grab Cheat081. Not sure which one, either Rename to cheat.zip or take the cheat.dat, but you need to take this and place it..........not sure. I just dropped both into the Retroarch/System Directory, retroarch/system/mame2003, and retroarch/cheats , just to be sure. Then the Cheats should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum