Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the report guys, i pushed it to retroarch issues. @twinaphex says its a font refactor commit issue. They're on the hunt already!
As long they didn't fixed it, please stick with 16.10.2016 or lower :)
Oh, ok. Lol and me that today thought about bricking my vita...
You can tell to those people, about next time they work on FBA (to increment speed) to add the cheats .ini function? :D

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, ok. Lol and me that today thought about bricking my vita...
You can tell to those people, about next time they work on FBA (to increment speed) to add the cheats .ini function? :D

You can report issues yourself on their Github. I used it to request a turbo toggle input (as opposed to holding turbo down).

D

Deleted User

You can report issues yourself on their Github. I used it to request a turbo toggle input (as opposed to holding turbo down).

If you really posted a request as an issue it's not cool man. Please this section exists to report issues. I don't know what they think in the RetroArch team but I think that's not meant for request at all.
Plus it make "fake" account in the end :( (if every RetroArch user do it)

Last edited by ,

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really posted a request as an issue it's not cool man. Please this section exists to report issues. I don't know what they think in the RetroArch team but I think that's not meant for request at all.
Plus it make "fake" account in the end :( (if every RetroArch user do it)

Bugs, issues and enhancements are all listed under "issues" with appropriate labels on their Github. There's absolutely nothing wrong with suggesting improvements there.

Link to their Github:

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
so no one has save config issues as i previously stated on this thread?

Me and @PlaystationTV , who are both on PSTVs, are also experiencing this issue; it's definitely starting to look like this issue may be PSTV-only...Has anyone tried to report the issue on the retroarch github?

Last edited by hiroakihsu,
Reactions: IpsoFact0

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and @PlaystationTV , who are both on PSTVs, are also experiencing this issue; it's definitely starting to look like this issue may be PSTV-only...Has anyone tried to report the issue on the retroarch github?
@frangarcj must be busy working on psp henkaku support with the flow I read

What might work is opening an older core from September and saving the config
Anybody have one from September you can post ?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those also inquiring about FBA Cheats, for some reason it will show .cht Files, but not .ini Files which are for FBA CPS1, CPS2 and NeoGeo. So yeah, it needs to get those Files Accessible and working.
Also, for CPS3, not sure I have the right ones. But doesnt CPS3 also need CHD Files?

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For those also inquiring about FBA Cheats, for some reason it will show .cht Files, but not .ini Files which are for FBA CPS1, CPS2 and NeoGeo. So yeah, it needs to get those Files Accessible and working.
Also, for CPS3, not sure I have the right ones. But doesnt CPS3 also need CHD Files?
No.
Than depends on game; for example sfiii need the simm files (sfiii3-simm 1.0 and so on) inside the zip. Anyway FBA core is compatible with 0.2.97.38 romset

vampirovic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
kof98ae2016.zip not working ? :(
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 98 ANIVERSARY EDITION

4627330023.png

460806kof98ae015.png

Last edited by vampirovic,

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@frangarcj must be busy working on psp henkaku support with the flow I read

PSP henkaku support? You mean porting ARK over to 3.60 henkaku?

What might work is opening an older core from September and saving the config
Anybody have one from September you can post ?

OK I'll volunteer...Just install any working core from it, launch the app, go into settings and change whatever you need, make sure auto-saving config on exit is on, exit the app, and you should be done:

https://www.bigfile.to/file/YdUyegeRKp4Q/2016-09-19_RetroArch.7z
http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/MbusDUJe/file.html

Speaking of which, anybody know why they only host the last 4 previous nightlies on the buildbot site? It'd be great if they could host a more extensive archive of nightlies.

Last edited by hiroakihsu,
Reactions: PlaystationTV

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They work for me you just need a parent ROM as well as the HACK ROM...
How did you get those running????? They they legit FBA or the HBMAME Homebrew/Hacked Roms???? There's a difference.

Also, is there a way to get FBA NVRAM Save Files working? Seems only MAME2003 creates them.

Last edited by Smoker1,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by SuperDan,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I don't know if it's just me. The first nightly builds for retroarch which was dated 17/9 was quite stable except for the occasional crashing when exiting the app. Then I recently tested the all in one vpk. Tried loading a rom with the fceumm emulator and straight away I got hit with an error has occurred with the vita and needs to shut down.

After restarting the vita, I tried again with the medenfen pce emulator. Seemed to work fine this time. Exited and tried a different game and again the shut down error happened when trying to load the rom.

Am using back the earlier builds now as the error doesn't happen with it

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you Rotate a Screen on MAME2003? Pacman Games, Spy Hunter are Upside down. 194# Games there is a Option to Flip the Screen thankfully. Just also wishing MAME Cores could get a Speed Boost. Older Games run perfectly on FBA, but MAME needs major work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought