Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

quttan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly we just merged the PR by a random contributor that was given to us.

At first people whine and bitch about rear touchpad L2/R2/L3/R3 not being available, now we implement it and people whine about the placement not suiting their preferences? You can never win.

I can't even test this anyway, I only own a PS TV. You might have to ask @frangarcj or ask the contributor who added it to improve it.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as ungrateful, because I am very much grateful for all the work people are putting into these emulators. Adding more options to allow people to use the setup they want is always good. I'm actually trying out hotkeys using the rear touchpad right now. I just don't like how the rear touchpad behaves right now when I'm in the menus, since it doesn't seem to do anything other than cause the cursor to move erratically.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Great to hear about dynarec in Picodrive!

Wonder how it compares with the 3DS build. The 3DS version runs 2D games on the 32X full speed (including Doom), whereas 3D games run around half speed. At the very least, 2D games such as Chaotix and Mortal Kombat 2 should run great.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As an aside, assigning L2 and R2 to the front touchpad doesn't make sense because then you're using different fingers to what you usually would when pressing shoulder buttons, plus it would break compatibility with the L2/R2 grip accessories (which all assume that buttons are on the rear touchpad). Just learn how to hold your Vita properly.

Last edited by sj33,

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
do you know how annoying as hell it is to go through and try to figure out which emulator uses which id? and worst part is the ids are always changing which fucks up the whole process so its better and faster to just learn how to edit a vpk [/QUOTE said:
The core are numerically numbered from RETR00001 to RETR00039.
When unpacked this is the order they are in the folder.

See if this is done now and all folder are converted into RETR000X format its done and finished no more unpacking VPK every time there is an update.
All we have to do is drop this lot into the Ur0:/appmeta folder.

I think thats the best route and the previous icon builder done this.

Last edited by Kerbangman,

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, @frangarcj just got dynarec working for gpSP! So GBA emulation should be getting much faster on that core soon-ish.
and with cheat function? :D So if we'll have dynarec-powered fba and fba2012 we'll have a full speed sf 3rd strike?

Anyway, so for update a core with nightly one, i just need to replace eboot.bin from nightly vpk in ux0:/app/"emulator folder" ? No need to install each time the vpk?

Last edited by Lord M,
D

Deleted User

Anyway, so for update a core with nightly one, i just need to replace eboot.bin from nightly vpk in ux0:/app/"emulator folder" ? No need to install each time the vpk?

Yes you can do this, but this bypass the ability to check if it is a safe homebrew or not, since you don't install the vpk from vitashell. I recommand to do this only if you know what you are doing, just to be safe :)

Don't forget, update the "asset" folder as well time to time.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly we just merged the PR by a random contributor that was given to us.

At first people whine and bitch about rear touchpad L2/R2/L3/R3 not being available, now we implement it and people whine about the placement not suiting their preferences? You can never win.

I can't even test this anyway, I only own a PS TV. You might have to ask @frangarcj or ask the contributor who added it to improve it.
It's not that. We very much appreciate the hard work =] It would just be nice if we could turn off the rear touch pad in the menu. Funny story, i reset my game the other day just trying to hit an option lower on the menu xD My fingers are so long that its almost impossible to hold the vita without touching the back panel haha

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Frangarcj pushed an update to gpSP which might make performance better with the dynarec. We will have to wait a few hours and see what it's like then in the latest nightlies. Ezi0 (one of our testers) said it ran better at least.

ROBRSG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dynarec is absolute garbage currently as it causes a LOT of stalling you can tell that it improves performance massively for things that would normally slow down in a game such as the big golem in castlevania aria of sorrow BUT the stalling makes it borderline playable

Newly implemented tech tends to make things worse in the beginning, better in the future.

Have you ever heard the word "optimization"?

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes you can do this, but this bypass the ability to check if it is a safe homebrew or not, since you don't install the vpk from vitashell. I recommand to do this only if you know what you are doing, just to be safe :)

Don't forget, update the "asset" folder as well time to time.
asset folder? What are?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newly implemented tech tends to make things worse in the beginning, better in the future.

Have you ever heard the word "optimization"?
have you ever heard of "giving feedback" even if its seen as aggressive feedback its just me being honest as to how its running

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Aggressive feedback" is a new term for me.

I think "lack of respect for others work" more close to what I've read.
more like you making an excuse to kiss some developer ass....I mean really i'm not going to sugarcoat shit if you don't like me being blunt well tough shit

ROBRSG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
more like you making an excuse to kiss some developer ass....I mean really i'm not going to sugarcoat shit if you don't like me being blunt well tough shit

Why won't you make a better GBA emulator yourself since you're insatisfied? I assure you that will be a better use of your intelligence than shitposting here with the excuse of being "blunt".

Reactions: abelxcane
D

Deleted User

asset folder? What are?

If you look inside each retroarch vpk you'll see an asset folder that contain always the same things. Just copy it once in your ux0:/data directory and setup the asset folder in the retroarch configuration to point to it.

The asset folder is where retroarch look to find the icon for the xmb or glui.

Ppelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sure someone has already asked this question,but forgive me.
I can't use Pcsx,it say Bios not found.
I tried countless Bios,i put in ux0:data/retroarch/system but nothing,don't works...
the bios need a specific name? or a specific bios?
or,can i download some psx games i bought on psn without ban risk (i can use another memory unit)?
please help :,(

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why won't you make a better GBA emulator yourself since you're insatisfied? I assure you that will be a better use of your intelligence than shitposting here with the excuse of being "blunt".
this is the only thing people can ever say "why don't you make it if its not up to your standards blah blah blah" or you know I can bring the problem to their attention like I did and if you had actually looked you would see that I got a reply with an option for a solution so please get your head out of your ass already

ROBRSG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this is the only thing people can ever say "why don't you make it if its not up to your standards blah blah blah" or you know I can bring the problem to their attention like I did and if you had actually looked you would see that I got a reply with an option for a solution so please get your head out of your ass already

Your posts remain a garbage shitfest in it's current state.

Reactions: abelxcane

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: