XP
Country
Indonesia
Updated RA-PCE-SGFX to RA 1.10.3.

Updated RA-RetroArch Modified ...
PICO-8 (new nightly core)
TG16 (both cores updated to 1.10.3)
FBA cores added (FBA,CPS1, CPS2, NEO)

The FBA cores require Classic Controller to work properly but work 100%.

NEO VM are not supported so please use SS-Hexseco to play those games.
What other controller that retrorach suport?
Is gamecube, snes classic, nes classic supported?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameCube, Classic, Wiimote+Nunchuk.

NES Classic and SNES Classic should both be supported as they will be identified as Classic, but i do not have those controllers to test.

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
NEO VM are not supported so please use SS-Hexseco to play those games.
That means you cant play 40mb & larger rom using fbneo core on ra modified right?

Speaking of neo geo, does it suport unibios 4.0?

If i want it to be dafault bios for fbneo core which setting should i change?

Also if i only zip unibios files and rename it neogeo.zip without including older bios files and copy that to neo geo roms folder, will it work?
I have limited space on my sd card atm, if it work it could save some space because i need neogeo.zip on every neogeo rom folders

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. RA-Modified NEO core cannot play large NEO games even if they are modified using Wiimpathy method.

The default BIOS are already set and i believe regardless of what BIOS you want, when loading any game, the emulator will use what is appropriate.

I updated my NEO BIOS by including 4.0 to the existing files. I am positive if you remove files from the NEO BIOS, it will become useless.

Reactions: SaulFabre

locomia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am using the 176VM_05_fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro_wii core for neo geo games. it plays the games that comes with files like c1.c1 and does not play games with files like c1.bin etc.. I also use rom cnv to create cache files for bigger games and they run ok.

I have some questions (these are specific to neogeo games):

1- I saw there are a bunch of newer cores, like i.e. 1.9.1, is it worth to use them? Or will I need to update the romset too?

2- I have a lot of roms with these bin files and they doesn´t play on this working core. Is there a way to convert these games so the end with c1, c2, etc and can play in my core? OR: is there a core that can also handle these files, and still can run the bigger games? (using romcnv or not) OR: should I discard this "bin" romset and look for for the "c1,c2" ones?

3- I had a neogeo.zip with unibios until the 3.0 and then I downloaded the version 4.0, renamed and inserted into the zip file, but the splash screen continues to show version 3.0. Is it ok? If not, How can use a newer version like 4.0 or even 3.2, and whats the practical advantages on doing this unibios update?

I am just trying to find the best set core+roms+unibios that can run smooth most neo geo games on my retroarch wii

(I am not worried about MAME and CPS games for now, I am setting up separate retroarch apps for them)

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Stick with what you have (176VM) or you can use the Hexaeco NEO VM core. Both are outstanding cores. The newer cores do not support VM.

2. I have never used bin files for the VM cores and don't believe they can be converted to working. IMO, i would discard the set and search for a working set.

3. Yes, your BIOS are working correctly. I believe the NEO core/emulator will use the BIOS it needs which are appropriate for any selected game. Using the Hexaeco NEO VM core, there are some games that boot the 4.0 BIOS and many that boot the 3.2 BIOS.

I hope this helps as i am not certain if there are any benefits 4.0 BIOS has for the 2012 NEO romset, only knowing you have the latest BIOS and i have never experienced any broken compatibility.

gonefishing1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

When I try the NeoGeo ra-neogeo all I get is a black screen after I click on the forwarder.

Got the loader to work but when I click on some games like 3count.zip the screen goes black then returns to the vWii menu. Lots of games do this

Last edited by gonefishing1975,

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the neogeo.zip BIOS to be in the same directory as your roms.

Example...
ROMS/Neo Geo/3count.zip
ROMS/Neo Geo/mslug.zip
ROMS/Neo Geo/neogeo.zip

Using the above path example, 3 Count Bout and Metal Slug play 100%.

Are you sure you have everything correctly in the root and apps folder of your device? Can you confirm where your files and folders are located please.

gonefishing1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need the neogeo.zip BIOS to be in the same directory as your roms.

Example...
ROMS/Neo Geo/3count.zip
ROMS/Neo Geo/mslug.zip
ROMS/Neo Geo/neogeo.zip

Using the above path example, 3 Count Bout and Metal Slug play 100%.

Are you sure you have everything correctly in the root and apps folder of your device? Can you confirm where your files and folders are located please.

E:\apps\ra-neogeo (e: is my sd card)

E:\NGMOD\roms

neogeo.zip is in the rom folder. I set the path to find the roms which it does but they do not load.In core se;ect i see sd:/apps/ra-neogeo. Do I need a core somewhere

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you grab Neo Geo roms randomly online or download a full set? If they are all from different romsets they won't work with an emulator that is expecting a specific set.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to get cheats working in TG16/PCE games?
Good question?
I have never tried setting cheats up through RetroArch, not even on my PC RA setup.

If someone could chime in that can confirm one way or another, that would be nice. If it is possible, it would be very cool if we could get a link for the cheats and the setup process.

In the meantime, i'll try tinkering around with it to see if i can figure anything out.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I tried in vanilla RA Wii with both the PCE Fast and Supergrafx cores to no avail. In RA-HEXAECO there doesn't seem to be a cheat option available. Finally, I tried WiiMednafen but don't know how to get cheats working for TG16 games there either! I'm stumped!

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches