Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we never even got a n64 emulator for the ps3 :cry::cry:

It's a pain in the ass coding any emulator from scratch, the Wii's N64 emulator isn't that great after all.

But Retroarch already has an emulator core for N64, question is if they can port it well.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a pain in the ass coding any emulator from scratch, the Wii's N64 emulator isn't that great after all.

But Retroarch already has an emulator core for N64, question is if they can port it well.
i know but we never even got a port for ps3 either, and ps3 had retroarch too but n64 core was never ported for that system either

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
About audio, you mean csnd or dsp? I think this is important, because when the dsp plugin will be tweaked (it has to be tweaked, it's not so great right now), it could solve this issue, maybe?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
what folder should i use for roms? i searched the thread and saw someone else ask it but the reply (at least that i saw) was not that helpful.
i know i can use any folder i want, but, what is the default folder that it looks in?
also i looked in the directory settings but could not see a 'rom' listing, i can change the default dir that saves are looked into (i think) - but not roms? :(

Reactions: omegart

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
what folder should i use for roms? i searched the thread and saw someone else ask it but the reply (at least that i saw) was not that helpful.
i know i can use any folder i want, but, what is the default folder that it looks in?
also i looked in the directory settings but could not see a 'rom' listing, i can change the default dir that saves are looked into (i think) - but not roms? :(
You can change the ROM directory under Settings > Directory > File Browser Dir. Personally, I made a folder in /retroarch/ROMs/, which saves making another folder on the root of the SD but it's really up to you where to put your ROMs.
I have the same question as cearp, also, there is some way to use the stick instead of the d-pad in game?
Under Settings > Input > Input User 1 Binds, set the "User 1 Analog to Digital Type" to "Left Analog" and then don't forget to bind the "User 1 Left analog X+-/Y+-" keys to their respective positions on the Circle Pad.

Last edited by NekoMichi,
Reactions: cearp

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The extra power the .cia versions can use, is that only when installed in 9.2 sysnand, or also in 9.2+ emunand?
The system version itself shouldn't matter, you'll need 9.2 sysNAND or below to install .cia files anyway. Having 9.2 or not in emuNAND shouldn't make a difference in terms of performance.

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About audio, you mean csnd or dsp? I think this is important, because when the dsp plugin will be tweaked (it has to be tweaked, it's not so great right now), it could solve this issue, maybe?

If you're talking to me, I back out of the quick menu then go to settings and down to audio and disable Audio and then mute audio.

FF7 and FF7????

I meant to say FF8

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When you go to load content the folder retroarch starts at is sdmc, so you're just better off adding the folder to the root of your sd card.

Reactions: popokakapetu

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes I was speaking to you, Cha0tic.
I mean you have 45 fps with sound, and 59 without. I understand it, but when you have 45 fps (audio on), what is your audio plugin? csnd or dsp? Because I've read that dsp use less calculation power or something, so if you are using csnd it's nice: When the dsp plugin will be tweaked and will work better, we will be able to get some more fps (I guess. I hope. :D)

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seen some people ask, psx on the N3DS using the .cia file with audio muted I'm running both FF7 and FF8 at 59 fps, with audio on its around 45 FPS.
how the hell do you do this? i have tried to turn off audio to get better frame rates but when i do it it does jack shit, which setting specifically are you turning off in the settings to disable sound and where exactly is it? also when i try to disable the settings for sond in settings it does jack shit also i still hear sound even when i turn it off and set it to mute sound

i notices in SOTN there is a part in the game where there is no music and the fram erates goes up to near full speed i try to turn off sound but i don;t hwere this setting everyone is taling about is, i tried the one under settins/ audio where it says "sudio enable " and "mute" turn audio enable offf and mute on and i still get fucking soudn and no change in frame rate i also tried where the sound plugin is csnd, dsp etc and select none and still i get sound

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I was speaking to you, Cha0tic.
I mean you have 45 fps with sound, and 59 without. I understand it, but when you have 45 fps (audio on), what is your audio plugin? csnd or dsp? Because I've read that dsp use less calculation power or something, so if you are using csnd it's nice: When the dsp plugin will be tweaked and will work better, we will be able to get some more fps (I guess. I hope. :D)

I'll let you know what audio plugin I'm using, I just have the defaul retroarch settings but I'll go digging around.

how the hell do you do this? i have tried to turn off audio to get better frame rates but when i do it it does jack shit, which setting specifically are you turning off in the settings to disable sound and where exactly is it? also when i try to disable the settings for sond in settings it does jack shit also i still hear sound even when i turn it off and set it to mute sound

i notices in SOTN there is a part in the game where there is no music and the fram erates goes up to near full speed i try to turn off sound but i don;t hwere this setting everyone is taling about is, i tried the one under settins/ audio where it says "sudio enable " and "mute" turn audio enable offf and mute on and i still get fucking soudn and no change in frame rate i also tried where the sound plugin is csnd, dsp etc and select none and still i get sound

That happen to me after I muted my snes emulator I tried to unmute it and wouldn't unmute.

I just back out of the quick menu, then settings then audio then there's audio mute and audio disable. I disable and mute it.

Have you properly backed out of the menu after changing it?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll let you know what audio plugin I'm using, I just have the defaul retroarch settings but I'll go digging around.

That happen to me after I muted my snes emulator I tried to unmute it and wouldn't unmute.

I just back out of the quick menu, then settings then audio then there's audio mute and audio disable. I disable and mute it.

Have you properly backed out of the menu after changing it?
thats weird i just tried in pocket snes and the mute works but in psx emu it does nothing i played with the audio driver settings and removed the audio driver used dsp. used csnd tun on audio mute turn off audio enable no matter what i do i still get sound,maybe it is just the build i am using

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats weird i just tried in pocket snes and the mute works but in psx emu it does nothing i played with the audio driver settings and removed the audio driver used dsp. used csnd tun on audio mute turn off audio enable no matter what i do i still get sound,maybe it is just the build i am using

That is weird, I'm using the nightly from about 3 days ago. Maybe it is build because if you mute it well it should mute it and not keeping playing sound. I'm still trying other games for psx next on my list to try is mega man legends and xenogear

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The extra power the .cia versions can use, is that only when installed in 9.2 sysnand, or also in 9.2+ emunand?
EmuNAND version doesn't matter. As long as you have a SysNAND with kernel access (i.e. 9.2 or below) then you will be able to use dynamic recompilation in emulators that support it.

Reactions: kedest

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is weird, I'm using the nightly from about 3 days ago. Maybe it is build because if you mute it well it should mute it and not keeping playing sound. I'm still trying other games for psx next on my list to try is mega man legends and xenogear
i tried megaman legens, 2 it works ok not full sped though
maybe it is because the setting have to be enabled an set before actually launching the rom? i have not tried that yet i usually mess with them after i load the game

smisk42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a dumb question, but is there anyway to get the classic gba startup screen on gpsp? When I start a game it shows the Game Boy Player screen and no sound. I believe this is related to the gba bios so it might not be possible, but thought I'd ask.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1