Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I change the content directory is the main dir is the one where my roms are, but once I save the settings and exit the emulator, the changes dissapear and I can´t load them in the load settings tab. Any way to fix it?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I change the content directory is the main dir is the one where my roms are, but once I save the settings and exit the emulator, the changes dissapear and I can´t load them in the load settings tab. Any way to fix it?
file browser dir? it worked fine for me at least, using nightlies from jan 31 i think

spamman5r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I ended up modifying retroarch.cfg to set the content browser path to my ROM SD path.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone still have the GPSP nightly build from November 8th? I heard it works flawless without crashing when you switch games. It's no longer on the nightly list, I heard I can get it from this thread though.

Edit: Nvm I got it, if anyone needs it PM me

Last edited by MattKimura,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anyone still have the GPSP nightly build from November 8th? I heard it works flawless without crashing when you switch games. It's no longer on the nightly list, I heard I can get it from this thread though.

Edit: Nvm I got it, if anyone needs it PM me
I have a N3DS, tried the CIA from that build and it simply kept crashing on me every time i tried to enter a level, sometimes at the title screen.

Reactions: MattKimura

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Posting this again out of curiosity: is there a solution to this? I'm using the latest "stable" 1.3 cia builds.
As stated in the OP it's a long standing issue, pretty sure we (me included! :D ) will make a big song and dance about it if/when a fix arrives ;) For the time being, enjoy the extra challenge?? :lol:

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends.
What are you going to use?
3DSX, 3DS or CIA?

So far I haven't seen anyone report the problems I experienced with that build, so I say at least give it a try.
I'll be using a N3DS, and cia build of the Nov 8th build of GPSP. I'll give it a try really quick, I'll load a game then switch it.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll be using a N3DS, and cia build of the Nov 8th build of GPSP. I'll give it a try really quick, I'll load a game then switch it.
Sure!
Let me know how it goes.
I had the same setup but I couldn't even get into any level in any game before getting the thing crash on me.

If it works for you, let me know what you did. :P

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
likely a dumb question but I have to ask, because why not.

does retroarch support RTC (real time clock)? looking to play pokemon silver and one of the core features of this game was the RTC. I understand it would likely be the gambatte core, but I did not see anything on the libretro wiki to specify there is RTC functionality

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure!
Let me know how it goes.
I had the same setup but I couldn't even get into any level in any game before getting the thing crash on me.

If it works for you, let me know what you did. :P
Back with the report. The Nov 8th build does indeed still crash upon switching games. I don't have any of the video settings changed, besides 16:9 aspect ratio.
I loaded Zelda ALTTP which worked perfect. But then I closed the game and try loading DKC and it crashed as soon as I pressed A on the file.

It was all a hoax. I even deleted the old gpsp cia and made sure it was gone before installing the Nov 8th build.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Back with the report. The Nov 8th build does indeed still crash upon switching games. I don't have any of the video settings changed, besides 16:9 aspect ratio.
I loaded Zelda ALTTP which worked perfect. But then I closed the game and try loading DKC and it crashed as soon as I pressed A on the file.

It was all a hoax. I even deleted the old gpsp cia and made sure it was gone before installing the Nov 8th build.
Oh i see...
Well, good to know that it wasn't just me then. :P

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Try these if anyone wants to. This build is the earliest one I have its 8th October and may be retroarch 1.2, ive also got a November 2nd cia. Im not sure if this works properly as I haven't tested them.

Attachments

• 2Novgpsp_libretro.7z
    626 KB · Views: 93
  • 8octgpsp_libretro.7z
    938.5 KB · Views: 95

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If anything, your build has the "Start Core" menu option enabled, which I'm assuming was a slight oversight in compiling?
getting back to this, seems like with the new nightlys this is normal, weird that they added that in. Anyways the latest nightly of gambatte contains my changes, having it as a .cia on emunand is pretty cool :D

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The new version of mGBA just came out, v0.4.0, which is the official release with support for Wii and 3DS.
Can someone try the one from the official site www.mgba.io alongside with the RetroArch cores of gpSP and mGBA to see how well it performs?

I hate to be at work during these times. xD

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Only if mgba add dynamic recompiler, or it would performance at 40 fps for most gba games on new 3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nope,dynrec hasn't been added

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new version of mGBA just came out, v0.4.0, which is the official release with support for Wii and 3DS.
Can someone try the one from the official site www.mgba.io alongside with the RetroArch cores of gpSP and mGBA to see how well it performs?

I hate to be at work during these times. xD
It doesn't seem to be much of an improvement just from my quick testing. As @pdapanda said, there's no dynarec. But I'm getting about 45-50 fps on final fantasy tactics. And sound is horrible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol