Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
depends what emulators you're using. I know that gpSP and PCSX-ReARMed use dynarec, and some others.
I tried CATSFC Plus, guess that one doesn't have it.
Is there an SNES core that uses dynarec (and has good audio like CATSFC Plus, cause apparently others fuck up the FF6 audio or just run it at like half speed)?

Last edited by 730,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried CATSFC Plus, guess that one doesn't have it.
Is there an SNES core that uses dynarec (and has good audio like CATSFC Plus, cause apparently others fuck up the FF6 audio or just run it at like half speed).
I don't think so, yet.

nevertheless they might still be a little bit faster due to "L2 cache" or something in the New3DS processor.

try something like gpSP which I mentioned. in particular, you can play Pokémon FR/LG with the 3dsx, then cia.

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't think so, yet.

nevertheless they might still be a little bit faster due to "L2 cache" or something in the New3DS processor.

try something like gpSP which I mentioned. in particular, you can play Pokémon FR/LG with the 3dsx, then cia.
Eh for GBA I'll eventually set up the whole injection thing. What I do wanna try is PEPSIMAAAAAN

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh for GBA I'll eventually set up the whole injection thing. What I do wanna try is PEPSIMAAAAAN
I don't really think GBA injection is that good since it has poor visuals (motion blur for example) and emulation is much easier to set up. gpSP as .cia on New3DS can run pretty much any game flawless in my experience.

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't really think GBA injection is that good since it has poor visuals (motion blur for example) and emulation is much easier to set up. gpSP as .cia on New3DS can run pretty much any game flawless in my experience.
Welp shit, then I'll reconsider.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Runs badly too. Ambassador GBA titles have to be run from the CPU core that handles the 3DS OS. That's why you can't suspend GBA titles, because the OS isn't running in the background like normal games do.
it's called AGB_FIRM. the positive side is the 3DS "has GBA hardware in it"(???) and so it actually doesn't have many or any emulation-related bugs.

Reactions: NekoMichi

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Pepsiman runs at 36 FPS, I'm speechless. Now if it runs like this right now, imagine the future, ohh boyyy....

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, so I already tried about 6 builds of the .cias and I can't get the PCSX ReARMed core to work no matter what I do. It always gives me a black screen then returns to the home menu and then the console reboots.
Whenever I try using those same builds on the .3dsx version though, they work just fine. I already tried deleting the retroarch.cfg file but nothing. Am I doing something wrong or should I just keep trying other builds?

So no one knows what might be causing the above?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone yet figured out why none of the SNES emulators will show up in the Homebrew Channel? They are in the right directories and their filenames are correct.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a list of cores with dynarec support and a list of cores with DSP audio support?
Not all emulators will use dynarec. It depends on how they're coded to do emulation, though dynarec is rather popular with RetroArch cores it seems. All the cores might be designed for it, I haven't really taken a look at them. Anyway, my point is try out the cores yourself. If you only use ones with dynarec support, you might miss out on ones that run fullspeed regardless.

As for DSP audio, that's more of a driver issue. It just needs more work.

Last edited by TecXero,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL LMAO
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""