Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, all castlevanias working on last nightly! So goooooooooooooooooooooooooodddd!
Which castlevania games, which emulators, and which 3ds, o3ds or n3ds?
Hey I have a N3DS using the 1.30 "release".
Do I get any benefit if I use any of the nightlies?

Like, I'm trying to run MK1 and MK2 (on MAME) and 2000 runs them with 30ish fps (with some lags), 2003 runs with 12-15 fps (barely playable).
Also, I'm trying to access FBA cabinet service menu (like to turn on mslug blood, lives and such) but I cannot even using the Core Options (I can access the UniBIOS though, but with a different set of options).

Thx!

Last edited by mvmiranda,

juniorcba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which castlevania games, which emulators, and which 3ds, o3ds or n3ds?
gPSP, O3DS, I said all, and repeat, all of em, pretty good and some of them (circle of moon?) full speed (not aria of sorrow, at least not for now).

Hey I have a N3DS using the 1.30 "release".
Do I get any benefit if I use any of the nightlies?

Like, I'm trying to run MK1 and MK2 (on MAME) and 2000 runs them with 30ish fps (with some lags), 2003 runs with 12-15 fps (barely playable).
Also, I'm trying to access FBA cabinet service menu (like to turn on mslug blood, lives and such) but I cannot even using the Core Options (I can access the UniBIOS though, but with a different set of options).

Thx!
Well, see for yourself. I have no privileged information. Download the nightly and try. I did, and until yesterday Aria of Sorrow was not even running, until yesterday...
A N3DS should run the GBA games at full speed (not all games on o3ds, sadly) even with mGBA core. IDK about MAME, didn't even tried, I don't have a N3DS. Try the nightlies yourself and post results here like you just did with the 1.30 build.

Last edited by juniorcba,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
gPSP, O3DS, I said all, and repeat, all of em, pretty good and some of them (circle of moon?) full speed (not aria of sorrow, at least not for now).

Well, see for yourself. I have no privileged information. Download the nightly and try. I did, and until yesterday Aria of Sorrow was not even running, until yesterday...
A N3DS should run the GBA games at full speed (not all games on o3ds, sadly) even with mGBA core. IDK about MAME, didn't even tried, I don't have a N3DS. Try the nightlies yourself and post results here like you just did with the 1.30 build.
Have you tried the official mGBA build lately?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, just tried last nightly, just for the sake of my ocd I think. As always it run about half speed in O3DS. N3DS users should be using it.
So the official mGBA is running full speed for most games in N3DS now?! :O
Last I tried it, it still had some slowdowns and sound hiccups.

juniorcba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So the official mGBA is running full speed for most games in N3DS now?! :O
Last I tried it, it still had some slowdowns and sound hiccups.
IDK, not on O3DS, I think it is better then injection on a N3DS but try it and see for yourself...

What is the difference between *.3ds and *.3dsx version ?

Pip'
.3ds runs on a flashcard and .3dsx runs on the homebrew launcher.

Last edited by juniorcba,

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
OP
Trophies
XP
So i tried a few more games on pcsx, resident evil 3 for the most part is around 50-59 besides cutscenes, final fantasy vii runs around 57 with random hiccups dropping to 52 and cutscenes are around 45-48, silent hill is basically unplayable with around 32-36 frames its really slow besides the menu screens

Reactions: ShadowOne333

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
All of the Resident Evil games are pretty much fully playable because the use of pre-rendered backgrounds means there's relatively little 3D to render. I'd imagine the Final Fantasy games might be similar except for battles (which are fully real time).

Reactions: cearp

EMoney100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo, gpsp actually runs better and looks crisper than the convoluted cia 3ds format games i installed on my Cakes CFW. Plus save states, adjustable screen resolution, etc, etc. I'm blown away. Looks like the whole CFW alongside my gateway was a waste of time.. At least I can play some DSIware games now, of which there are approximately 5 worth my time lol..

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Last edited by NEO117,

EMoney100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Mario & Luigi still crash during the first fight on gPSP?

I just played the first half hour of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, and gPSP blasted right through the first fight scene.. 60 fps, perfect. According to internet reports, it freezes when the star zooms in as Bowser is attacking, but it didn't do that for me!

Last edited by EMoney100,

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember having those issues back in November (on the 3dsx builds back then, though). Try disabling the DSP audio driver, that fixed it for me.
Uh, no such driver seems to exist in the settings.

There's an option for "Audio DSP Plugin" but that prompts me to find it in the filesystem, indicating that it is not loaded.

Also, on the latest nightly, quitting doesn't quit. It crashes and forces the console to restart. Man, why all the issues now when before I updated everything was perfect?

Last edited by Powermad80,

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
OP
Trophies
XP
Sooo, gpsp actually runs better and looks crisper than the convoluted cia 3ds format games i installed on my Cakes CFW. Plus save states, adjustable screen resolution, etc, etc. I'm blown away. Looks like the whole CFW alongside my gateway was a waste of time.. At least I can play some DSIware games now, of which there are approximately 5 worth my time lol..
Youre saying they run better than the vc gba games?

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Aww man... Didn't even notice it was deleted. Let me see if by any chance I still have them.

EDIT: Here it is!

https://mega.nz/#!twIyxYiB!_KkapbWcnV_ypMSVMg8_AGqtNAG2G-Rc7QRyt-2gw14

I put this in and grabbed gpsp, and I can finally play metroid fusion and zero mission, along with FFVI and Castlevania Aria of Sorrow correctly!.

Mario vs Donkey kong says flash error or something, I can play but I can´t save, just reporting, I can use save states. Also Final Fantasy V Crashes. other than that, I think it has pretty much been flawless.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Youre saying they run better than the vc gba games?

nope...the emulator have so many random crashes on 9.2> systems....so i avoid this emulator and play GBA VC games instead of this emulator...a shame....it has a great performance when no crash

greetings!!

El.James

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Can someone help me?

I wanted to use gPSP because it runs great on a N3DS supposedly, and because Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 cant save when used in VC. So I cia-installed gPSP, put the gba bios in retroarch/cores/system, but I get random freezes and crashes.

I tried it on sysNAND 9.2 and on emunand 10.3

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah gba vc is the best way to play. If you hold either select or start when booting a game it plays at original size screen of the gba micro which I prefer but most won't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: amazon seems decent enough