Hacking RetroArch and SX OS

Banthors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this question has not been asked yet or im in the wrong section but I have sx os and i know it will allow loading payloads in the menu. Is their any payloads i shouldnt load that are known to crash or cause bricks, Is it safe to use other CFW on top of sx os? Im mainly trying to use retroarch but it says i need atmosphere. If i select the atmosphere payload off sx os will it load into emunand. Sorry for all the questions just dont want to risk anything going wrong.

Banthors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you that worked. One last quick question for you. Im trying to install nsps should i use goldleaf/tinfoil or the sxinstaller?

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah you'll need atmosphere to run Dreamcast.

You can set up atmosphere on your SD card just fine and use a "reboot to payload" hombrew to load it up from TXOS. And "Hekate Brew" to boot back into TXOS when your done. A few clicks. No need to mess around with dongles and cables.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you'll need atmosphere to run Dreamcast.

You can set up atmosphere on your SD card just fine and use a "reboot to payload" hombrew to load it up from TXOS. And "Hekate Brew" to boot back into TXOS when your done. A few clicks. No need to mess around with dongles and cables.
Well they're also a SX Core user. But luckily OP is an Erista user. So atmosphere will still work just fine.

@Banthors look into exosphere. That's the atmosphere version of incognito/sx stealth. As for setting up an emunand, maybe someone else can verify if the emunand created by SX is still readable/usable by atmosphere. Or if it needs to be recreated..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited by hartleyshc,

ArchyGamer1597

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hello, I have a Nintendo Switch V2 (the version from 2019) in it I have the idea to install the MODCHIP SXCORE, my questions are the following:
1-Can I currently use other CFWs beyond SX OS?
2-can I install OS like Linux, Android or Lakka on a Switch with SXCORE?
3-I have seen that SX CORE + SX OS has conflicts with several HB, APPS and EMULATORS, currently which ones can I use and which ones not?
4-my main interest is to emulate the Nintendo consoles (N64, NES, SNES, GC, GBC, GBA, WII, WIIU, DS, 3DS), one that another PSP game, and PS. Can I do that on a non-vulnerable switch enabled only by SX CORE and SX OS?

Hola, tengo una Nintendo Switch V2 (la version a partir del 2019) en ella tengo la idea de instalar el MODCHIP SXCORE, mis preguntas son las siguientes:
1-actualmente puedo usar otros CFW mas alla del SX OS?
2-puedo instalar OS como Linux, Android o Lakka en una Switch con SXCORE?
3-he visto que SX CORE+SX OS, tiene conflictos con varios HB, APPS y EMULADORES, actualmente cuales puedo usar y cuales no?
4-mi principal interes es emular las consolas de nintendo (N64, NES, SNES, GC, GBC, GBA, WII, WIIU, DS, 3DS), uno que otro juego de PSP, y PS. puedo hacer eso en una switch no vulnerable habilitada unicamente por SX CORE y SX OS?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a Nintendo Switch V2 (the version from 2019) in it I have the idea to install the MODCHIP SXCORE, my questions are the following:
1-Can I currently use other CFWs beyond SX OS?
2-can I install OS like Linux, Android or Lakka on a Switch with SXCORE?
3-I have seen that SX CORE + SX OS has conflicts with several HB, APPS and EMULATORS, currently which ones can I use and which ones not?
4-my main interest is to emulate the Nintendo consoles (N64, NES, SNES, GC, GBC, GBA, WII, WIIU, DS, 3DS), one that another PSP game, and PS. Can I do that on a non-vulnerable switch enabled only by SX CORE and SX OS?
First off, please don't use the terminology "V1, V2, etc." There is no such thing as a V1 or V2. There are only Erista (patched or unpatched) and Mariko (Lite or redbox) units.
  1. Only Erista units support CFW other than SX OS as SX OS is currently the only CFW a Mario unit can use
  2. Same answer as above
  3. https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-core-sx-lite-list-of-compatible-homebrew-updated-regularly.573353/
  4. Retroarch does not have the greatest compatibility with SX OS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night