Hacking Discussion SX Core/ SX Lite List of Compatible Homebrew (Updated Regularly)

mesmeriize

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Sx Core Mariko & Sx Lite
This is all on the latest 3.0.4 beta sx os boot.dat. Be sure to download it from https://sx.xecuter.com/ before trying these.

Confirmed Working (Tested myself)
1. Sys-clk (OverClocking & underclocking, make sure you put files from atmosphere folder into sxos folder and files from atmosphere/contents into sxos/titles)
2. Tesla Overlay (Recommended to use this with Sys-clk. Install it the same like above)
3. Checkpoint & JKSV Save Backup/ Restore
4. NX Activity Log
5. Tinfoil (Do Not backup/wipe the serial!)
6. Awoo Installer
7. Kefir (ONLY NNID LINKING, please do not perform any other actions)
8. NxThemes Installer
9. Lockpick Nro
10. Goldleaf file explorer/manager Nro
11. Retroarch Retro Systems Emulator
12. Ppsspp Standalone PSP Emulator
13. MelonDS Emulator (Turn Fast Memory option off or it will crash)
14. Moonlight NX & Sky NX PC Game Streamer
15. Sys-con (Play using non-nintendo controllers Using USB WIRED ONLY)
16. MTP-Server-NXNro for file transfer using USB cable (Faster than FTP)
17. Choidujournx Nro (Use this only on latest 3.0.4 to update emunand safely, bricking issues with old sx versions)
18. Incognito Nro (not the one bundled with Tinfoil, and not the RCM version) Recommended to only use on Emunand! Some people reported bricking on SX Lite. To be the safest use only on emunand, that way you can just restore or create new emunand in case things go wrong. If you're going to do it on sysnand, proceed with caution ⚠️ and get more info.

Reported to Work

1. ReverseNX for switching between docked/portable mode resolutions
2. nx-shell file manager
3. Chiaki (PS4 remote play)

Doesn't work (No effect)
1. Hekate
2. All RCM Payloads
3. Biskeydump
4. Emuiibo
5. Edizon
6. MissionControl (play with non-nintendo controllers WIRELESSLY)
7. Fizeau (Change screen color temperature) Crashes SX after starting
8. Daybreak Emunand updater

Working Tools
1. Boot Logo Maker Tool (https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-boot-logo-maker-tool-logo-para-switch-palomitas.572824/)
2. Boot Sound (https://gbatemp.net/threads/bootsoundnx-boot-sound-on-nintendo-switch.547488/)

Do not use (May brick device)
1. backup/ Wipe serial in Tinfoil
2. Incognito on Sysnand

I'll try to update this thread regularly so that everyone is up to date on what currently works and what to stay away from. The scene moves so fast so it's nice to know what's new.

If anyone has tested others, be sure to mention it and I'll add it to the list

If this helped you in any way, give a thumbs up to this thread.

Last edited by mesmeriize,

HenryMin

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Lockpick_RCM and Incognito_RCM doesn't brick mariko console, just they doesn't work on mariko like other payloads.

I tested it on my second eMMC :P

Reactions: mesmeriize

leapingliger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MelonDS doesn't support fast memory with SX OS. So although you can run the program it will run really slow compared to a switch running with atmosphere.

mesmeriize

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MelonDS doesn't support fast memory with SX OS. So although you can run the program it will run really slow compared to a switch running with atmosphere.
I see. It should run better in retroarch then.
In other news, the latest citra cores from M4xw allow the 4 zelda 3ds games and pokemon 3ds to run well without stuttering on both cfw by OverClocking. Those are the only ones I was able to test but the results should be the same for similar low demanding games

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. It should run better in retroarch then.
In other news, the latest citra cores from M4xw allow the 4 zelda 3ds games and pokemon 3ds to run well without stuttering on both cfw by OverClocking. Those are the only ones I was able to test but the results should be the same for similar low demanding games

Even with overclocking on the Zelda Citra core I get stutter.

Also, yeah the other poster is right - MelonDS doesn't support fast memory but it's still functional with overclocking.

mesmeriize

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with overclocking on the Zelda Citra core I get stutter.

Also, yeah the other poster is right - MelonDS doesn't support fast memory but it's still functional with overclocking.
Which game and how old is your core? For all of them, I have to leave it on 1x native resolution. Max gpu and cpu OverClock. I didn't notice a difference changing memory in handheld. I was able to play the beginning area of oot fine with that yesterday. Also, a link between worlds has a seperate citra albw core released specifically for that game.

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which game and how old is your core? For all of them, I have to leave it on 1x native resolution. Max gpu and cpu OverClock. I don't think changing memory makes a difference. I was able to play the beginning area of oot fine with that yesterday. Also, a link between worlds has a seperate citra albw core released specifically for that game.

I'm on the latest core - specifically for albw. It still stutters. Not unplayable though. Max overclock.

Yeah, some games do play well with the main core + Max overclock

Reactions: mesmeriize

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but being able to run an old version is better than nothing. At least I don't think there's another alternative that does anything similar?

In most cases I'd say you're right, but in this case the app completely changed how it worked.

It used to just apply a filter over the screen (which is somewhat effective but not much), now it fundamentally changes the colors like a blue light filter should.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1