Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
@LibreRetroArc: Please, stop playing the victim. And calling me and my posts rubbish. The one trolling is you because all your replies fall back to the same nonsense instead of answering my questions

@ToadKing: Those conditions are biased from the point I am explaining here. You are forcing potential testers to don't notice the issue (while still existing). It's like asking for having calibrated TV's in order to report graphical glitches, you get what I mean?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@LibreRetroArc: Please, stop playing the victim. And calling me and my posts rubbish. The one trolling is you because all your replies fall back to the same nonsense instead of answering my questions

@ToadKing: Those conditions are biased from the point I am explaining here. You are forcing potential testers to don't notice the issue (while still existing). It's like asking for having calibrated TV's in order to report graphical glitches, you get what I mean?

Promised I would ignore you, but here is the last 'response' - promise

If you say they are biased because of this precondition:

* Can test it on a CRT display. No LCD/Plasma/whatever.

Then you simply don't have a clue what you're talking about since it's common knowledge that anything other than a CRT induces lag where previously there was NONE. Just walk away dude and stop wasting our time because you are of no help to us right now. Learn to code, learn to talk sense and fix the damn issue yourself in libogc if you feel so passionate about it.

Oh - I have an even better idea - if you're so passionate about 'lag' - stop being a cheapskate thinking your 6 year old crippled HDTV is your ticket to zero-lag gaming nirvana and buy yourself a 2ms or less Asus monitor, be happy and shut your yap already. You are in charge of your own decisions in life - that includes buying a crappy HDTV that lags like hell.

And BTW - I don't know if your 'brain' is laggy as well - but I HAVE NEVER DENIED THAT IT COULD BE LIBOGC'S FAULT - can you simply not read or do you only care to read it when I put it in all-caps?

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not bias, it's removing all the factors in the lag equation out of my control.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
Promised I would ignore you, but here is the last 'response' - promise

If you say they are biased because of this precondition:

* Can test it on a CRT display. No LCD/Plasma/whatever.

Then you simply don't have a clue what you're talking about since it's common knowledge that anything other than a CRT induces lag where previously there was NONE. Just walk away dude and stop wasting our time because you are of no help to us right now. Learn to code, learn to talk sense and fix the damn issue yourself in libogc if you feel so passionate about it.

Oh - I have an even better idea - if you're so passionate about 'lag' - stop being a cheapskate thinking your 6 year old crippled HDTV is your ticket to zero-lag gaming nirvana and buy yourself a 2ms or less Asus monitor, be happy and shut your yap already. You are in charge of your own decisions in life - that includes buying a crappy HDTV that lags like hell.

And BTW - I don't know if your 'brain' is laggy as well - but I HAVE NEVER DENIED THAT IT COULD BE LIBOGC'S FAULT - can you simply not read or do you only care to read it when I put it in all-caps?
I have no interest on coding, I hate it, ah! and btw:
just.stop.thebullshit

@Toad King: I have nor CRT or camera so I can't help you. But I wonder how is one going to measure the input lag just by recording a video.

Tectronic

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi Guys!

I found this amazing emulator some days ago, but this is really great! Really fast speed on Wii! Thanks for your work and waiting for upgrade! (Any chance for Taito, IREM core?:))

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yep, and I even told this Dogway guy earlier that I'm open to exploring if a Revolution SDK build can be done - but that won't stop him bitching you see.

Probably there never were any 'high-reaction games' he could play in the past on his Wii so the dude is only now noticing his TV for the utter piece of crap it is today. No, 3rd Strike demo running tolerably on 360 doesn't mean a damn thing since those games/ports are butchered like hell to run 'tolerably' on every HDTV ranging from the shitty low-end (2006 ) to tolerable (2012) today - and the reason they do that is because they don't like a person with entitlement issues harrassing them with 'INTOLERABLE LAG' complaints - that, and the 360 is probably outputting in your HDTV's native res so that helps a lot since it doesn't have to rescale.
No. You told ME that. And I thanked you sincerely for it. Cause it may fix these issues.
So if the offer is still on the table, I'll take it :)
Even though I agree with most of Dogway's issues, I do notice he has some sort of personal beef with you which I don't share.
Don't dismiss the issues we're reporting just because he behaves like he does, somewhere in between his rude behavior he is, in fact, telling the truth. The "lag" we talk about isn't caused by our TVs, whether it's caused by the libogc (or whatever its called) or the emulator (unlikely) is up for debates.
Anyway, trying to compile it using the Revolution SDK could help those who are experiencing these issues such as the both of us and those 2 other guys who threw the towel regarding this.
Thanks.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just.stop.thebullshit

@Toad King: I have nor CRT or camera so I can't help you. But I wonder how is one going to measure the input lag just by recording a video.

You said you were clued up on AV tech and you don't even get why you need a camera to determine input lag? This keeps getting funnier by the minute.

Oh and BTW Sherlock - you'll need a 60fps camera at that.

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just.stop.thebullshit

It's mainly there to show that there is a lag issue (on the scale you're mentioning) and to show you're not bullshitting me with an LCD screen or off-brand controllers. I won't debug 1-2 frame lag on the wireless controller because that's a stupid thing to do with a wireless controller.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It's mainly there to show that there is a lag issue (on the scale you're mentioning) and to show you're not bullshitting me with an LCD screen or off-brand controllers. I won't debug 1-2 frame lag on the wireless controller because that's a stupid thing to do with a wireless controller.
Hey Toad, trust me man. Its not 1-2 frames off. And even though I have no video nor CRT to record it from I can assure you, it has nothing to do with wireless nor HDTV lag. My gamecube controller is the wireless one and it plays PERFECTLY fine.
I don't know about Dogway, but I wouldn't BS you. What would be the point? All I'm trying to do is to "fix" whatever is causing these issues with the CC (NINTENDO brand, like I mentioned).
Now, I know and understand that it probably has nothing to do with your emulator, that it has to do with homebrew libraries. I get it, don't worry. What I'm interested in at this is point is in the possibility of a build compiled with the Revolution SDK, that could be a good start.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
You said you were clued up on AV tech and you don't even get why you need a camera to determine input lag? This keeps getting funnier by the minute.
Oh and BTW Sherlock - you'll need a 60fps camera at that.
Learn some manners from:

My wiimote and CCpro are original Nintendo branded, I don't know why you insist on this since I told so many times before.
About the LCD, I said, what are you going to demonstrate by recording a playing videogame?? I could understand if in your guide the recorded video included the player pressing the buttons, but again, that shows nothing, you can't determine in what ms of the button pressing the command is gonna trigger, so it is always going to be on grey land.
For an accurate test (that you seem to be craving for) you need a much more serious and elaborated equipment. (e.g. hint: making one controller work on 2 exact systems)

I use a Classic Controller just fine on my LCD TV, maybe it's just luck?
Yes, good luck on high response LCD, or liking slow paced games or..... you are not so demanding?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Learn some manners from:

My wiimote and CCpro are original Nintendo branded, I don't know why you insist on this since I told so many times before.
About the LCD, I said, what are you going to demonstrate by recording a playing videogame?? I could understand if in your guide the recorded video included the player pressing the buttons, but again, that shows nothing, you can't determine in what ms of the button pressing the command is gonna trigger, so it is always going to be on grey land.
For an accurate test (that you seem to be craving for) you need a much more serious and elaborated equipment. (e.g. hint: making one controller work on 2 exact systems)

Yes, good luck on high response LCD, or liking slow paced games or..... you are not so demanding?

Don't get me involved with this, I only mentioned it in passing. I use a CC and not a CC Pro.

Just get this http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=31

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm using a cc pro on a 32" LCD and i got no lag...gotta set controller configs each time but no lag. Just FYI

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cmon guys! lets talk about retroarch. i don't know much about it, but once i move and settle down im going to get my wii back up to speed.

i've used it on my ps3, so if this version is up to date with that, then you guys struck gold. thanks for all the work. don't worry about troll posts.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
No. You told ME that. And I thanked you sincerely for it. Cause it may fix these issues.
So if the offer is still on the table, I'll take it :)
Even though I agree with most of Dogway's issues, I do notice he has some sort of personal beef with you which I don't share.
Don't dismiss the issues we're reporting just because he behaves like he does, somewhere in between his rude behavior he is, in fact, telling the truth. The "lag" we talk about isn't caused by our TVs, whether it's caused by the libogc (or whatever its called) or the emulator (unlikely) is up for debates.
Anyway, trying to compile it using the Revolution SDK could help those who are experiencing these issues such as the both of us and those 2 other guys who threw the towel regarding this.
Thanks.

There's access to the Revolution SDK?

Also, it's come to my attention that using things like Gamecube arcade sticks or SNES retroports won't completely work for RetroArch since there are no analog sticks and thus no way to enter the menu without pressing the reset button. It would be nice if we could switch this to a digital input combo instead.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
There's access to the Revolution SDK?

Also, it's come to my attention that using things like Gamecube arcade sticks or SNES retroports won't completely work for RetroArch since there are no analog sticks and thus no way to enter the menu without pressing the reset button. It would be nice if we could switch this to a digital input combo instead.
Yes there is. You just have to torrent it. (this doesn't qualify as "piracy talk", right?)
And the ability to navigate the emulator with a SNES or arcade stick was in one of my previous posts as well. Guess it got lost in a sea of flamewar :)
Anyway, hopefully sometime soon we'll be able to cut the out of place sh*t and focus in resolving the issues/working on a combo which was my original intention :)

CobraStr1ke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys can someone here compile a version with the 240p so I can simply look at how SNES games are in it. So far I tried Mednafan for genesis and it looks gorgeous off my CRT with 240p double strike mode enabled....and if you look at my posts you can see the info I posted and that there is a beta with it after talking to the devs....I just dont want to bother them and after looking for it I cannot find it. They stated they dont release it as beta to general public so if anyone can be kind enough to compile it and help me that would be greatly appreciated. I am all for this emu and they stated they should have 240p implemented into the next update (=

s8n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
with the 240p talk is there a chance it will be implemented to CPS1/CPS2/NeoGeo aswell ?

btw Dev's ........did you see my Youtube video i made for you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==