Hacking Retailers sCUM

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Although the review units you see on the net usually have those included, most units sold over the net do not. How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?

Norman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No, I did not buy it over the net, i bought it here at a mall,, it just feels odd that it doesn't have the other accesories while my friend who bought the same stuff had everything!!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It all depends what you paid for it. They come packaged with only a DSTT, with a DSTT and rumble, or with a DSTT, rumble, and GBA expansion pack. I have found that it's cheaper to purchase the GBA expansion pack separately (it's the same as the Ewin 2in1 expansion pack, available from psxboy.com for about $15 shipped).

-Bri

Shining Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
It all depends what you paid for it. They come packaged with only a DSTT, with a DSTT and rumble, or with a DSTT, rumble, and GBA expansion pack. I have found that it's cheaper to purchase the GBA expansion pack separately (it's the same as the Ewin 2in1 expansion pack, available from psxboy.com for about $15 shipped).

-Bri

Do you have the Ewin one Bri? I was thinking of either that or the EZ Flash 3 in 1 (which is only $19.99 on leetmod) While the Ewin one is cheaper I'd rather go with whichever is better.

Although now that I think about it the Ewin one was the one in the review so I guess there shouldn't be a problem. Guess I answered my own question
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shining Light said:
Do you have the Ewin one Bri? I was thinking of either that or the EZ Flash 3 in 1 (which is only $19.99 on leetmod) While the Ewin one is cheaper I'd rather go with whichever is better.

Although now that I think about it the Ewin one was the one in the review so I guess there shouldn't be a problem. Guess I answered my own question
smile.gif

I have the Ewin 2in1, and have no problems with it. The one that comes with the DSTT is also the Ewin one, so that's the one that DSTT supports (but either will work with the right loader). TTMenu only recognizes the Ewin (it puts up an icon on the screen if you have the Ewin in slot2). I believe YSMenu supports both, but I don't think it saves properly (yet).

The EZ3in1 has a rumble included, but according to most sources, it's really loud and distracting. The Ewin rumble (which is in a separate cart) is dirt cheap and is quieter. And in reality rumble isn't all that exciting (it only works on a few games and it eats up battery).

The Ewin 2in1 has more internal memory than the EZ3in1 which might make it a better choice if you want to use it as memory expansion for the Opera browser. I don't know if the extra memory has any advantages for GBA.

The review of the Ewin indicates that not all GBA games work with it. I don't know if the same is true of the EZ3in1, and I don't know if that's a function of the hardware or the loader software. The review was written a while back, so some of the issue may be resolved by using the newest GBA Loader or Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader fixes some of the compatibility issues.

-Bri

elgin3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norman3000 did your friend buy that DSTT with the Rumble Pack in Laguna? I looked around Manila and found nothing with the Rumble Pack? I found out it's not always included with it so I just let it go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny