Hacking Retail Metroid on Wiikeyed Wii

civic2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a retail copy of the Metroid Trilogy, my wii cannot read it. I just receive the unable to read disc message. Could me wiikey be the cause of this problem? The wii's firmware is the latest, 4.1U.

I also downloaded the backup version, the 7.91GB one. Using ImgBurn I have I have changed the layer break with the .dvd file that's been recommended on the site. Metroid 1 and 2 work, but 3 just gives me a black screen.

How exactly should I go about getting this game working?

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
clean your wii laser maybe?
does ssbb work on your wii?
if its old you may need the laser replaced if its a launch wii or something there was something wrong the old lasers and reading dual layered disks

civic2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxares said:
Try Wiikey firmware 1.9s

Well I just wasted 3 dual layers for nothing..
Retail version works perfectly after updating. I don't keep up with these things, I only come back to the modding scene when something isn't working right, and it's a whole new world each time. Thanks for the help.

QUOTE(pieman202 @ Sep 7 2009, 12:07 PM) clean your wii laser maybe?
does ssbb work on your wii?
if its old you may need the laser replaced if its a launch wii or something there was something wrong the old lasers and reading dual layered disks

Yeah it is a launch wii, I had read that yesterday and bought a wii cleaning kit, I was dreading that sending in my wii was the only option, which I obviously couldn't do..
But that wasn't the issue, ..at least I have a clean lens now. I was surprised at how much lint was on the cleaning pad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.