Retail Metroid on Wiikeyed Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by civic2, Sep 7, 2009.

1. civic2
    OP

civic2 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2007
    United States
    I have a retail copy of the Metroid Trilogy, my wii cannot read it. I just receive the unable to read disc message. Could me wiikey be the cause of this problem? The wii's firmware is the latest, 4.1U.

I also downloaded the backup version, the 7.91GB one. Using ImgBurn I have I have changed the layer break with the .dvd file that's been recommended on the site. Metroid 1 and 2 work, but 3 just gives me a black screen.

How exactly should I go about getting this game working?

2. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Try Wiikey firmware 1.9s

3. pieman202

pieman202 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2008
    Home
    clean your wii laser maybe?
    does ssbb work on your wii?
    if its old you may need the laser replaced if its a launch wii or something there was something wrong the old lasers and reading dual layered disks

4. civic2
    OP

civic2 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2007
    United States
    Yeah it is a launch wii, I had read that yesterday and bought a wii cleaning kit, I was dreading that sending in my wii was the only option, which I obviously couldn't do..
    But that wasn't the issue, ..at least I have a clean lens now. I was surprised at how much lint was on the cleaning pad.

5. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Np, hade the same issue with SSBB.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice