Hacking Retail Copy of SSBB not working

Beijing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My copy of Brawl isn't working. It's the retail copy, not the burnt one. I think it has something to do with me installing my modchip. I have a clip on wiikey, and im not quite sure if its updated or not cause i have no way to check. When I try to run SSBB it gives me an error when trying to load the disc. If anyone could help that would be great.

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Update your Wiikey to Firmware v1.9s, that fixes the no-boot problem of original SSBB.
More info you'll find on www.wiikey.cn, click the resources button to download the update DVD.

DeMoN said:
Maybe it's the infamous DRE (Disc Read Error) that has to do with the fact that Brawl is dual-layered and your Wii has too much dust in it.
If his lens can read a Dual-Layer DVDR, it surely would be able to read the original, their reflection is much better than DVDR.

Beijing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been unable to install the Wiikey update properly. When i insert the DVD i burned the update to, the disc usually doesn't read. And when it does, it won't install the update. It runs a test to see if it will work or something, and it says the test failed. A friend of mine told me to try this one thing that he found in another forum somwhere, where you remove the disc before the check, but it back in when its done, and then remove the disc when it updates (which also doesnt work when the disc is in). The same guy told me that the problem may lie with the screws that are screwed into my DVD drive. He told me to tighten the four screws all the way and then loosen them a tiny bit. I've tried that about 10 times now, and Brawl still won't load. I get the Disc Can't Be Read error thing on the disc channel with the big question mark.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Beijing said:
I've been unable to install the Wiikey update properly. When i insert the DVD i burned the update to, the disc usually doesn't read. And when it does, it won't install the update. It runs a test to see if it will work or something, and it says the test failed. A friend of mine told me to try this one thing that he found in another forum somwhere, where you remove the disc before the check, but it back in when its done, and then remove the disc when it updates (which also doesnt work when the disc is in). The same guy told me that the problem may lie with the screws that are screwed into my DVD drive. He told me to tighten the four screws all the way and then loosen them a tiny bit. I've tried that about 10 times now, and Brawl still won't load. I get the Disc Can't Be Read error thing on the disc channel with the big question mark.
You have to clean the laser. Really, it'll help. It helped me, some other guy, maybe for you too.

But you must have 1.9s to play the Brawl on Wiikey...

legend101

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Beijing said:
OK, well how exactly do i clean the laser? what should i use and stuff?

instead of opening your system go to staple ,best buy or future shop and ask for DVD lens cleaner . the disc should micro small brush on it to clean the lens . instruction. put the disc into the wii until it say unable to read disc, then put in brawl. it should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER