ROM Hack Resurrection of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorer of Sky

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See ya guys! The new guys in charge are mervyn and gokujr. I'm gonna go learn this stuff now maybe some day ill come back!

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you translate at all? I need people with knowledge. prove to me that you truly can translate in any way. The reason i doubt you is you have 6 posts.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you i can trust with this program but i dunno about the other folks ill think about this over again i dunno TBH im confused with life lol

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Yeah I know that the US version is coming very soon but it is good for most of us to translate this game just to practice to get better skills I really want to learn hex editing that will make translating much easier.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heh once im through finals ill be happy and maybe ill help. We need a big team lol that would be better, and a trustworthy one.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
shadowhunter93 said:
UPDATE on PMDEoS Translation:

This project has been on hiatus for far too long. I have an intention to restart the translation, no doubts there. I am pleased to announce that there will be a translation patch to be released sometime in the near future, some time in July or August. I will translate some random stuff and update it here just to show that there is still hope for the future.

If anyone has experience in this PM me and I will be happy to comply, however you need some type of experience, and be a CONFIRMED MEMBER of GBATemp forums. What I am mainly looking for are people who know the story and those who know how to implement the story texts from the old versions to this one. I also am well aware of the English release, but I want to use this to test my knowledge of rom translations.

Thanks, I will get back to you guys soon!

shadowhunter93
Leading Translator

This has the same story as PMD2 it's like the Platinum of them same story just added features and new missions, pokemon etc.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Damn I don't know how to do that remember I'm pretty useless I'll try to find out a way
smile.gif

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
shadowhunter93 said:
This project has been on hiatus for far too long. I have an intention to restart the translation, no doubts there. I am pleased to announce that there will be a translation patch to be released sometime in the near future, some time in July or August. I will translate some random stuff and update it here just to show that there is still hope for the future.
I used a little logic, and the english version will probebly come out in September-October 2009 (I predict September 22), so if you don't release it soon enough, the english version will already be out.

SasukeTBITW

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Albania
UniqueGeek said:
shadowhunter93 said:
I used a little logic, and the english version will probebly come out in September-October 2009 (I predict September 22), so if you don't release it soon enough, the english version will already be out.
did you even read that they're doing it to practice too?
they're pretty aware that the game is going to be released soon
so they're gonna do their best

mervyn797

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Info First:
This translation will be a continuation of grovyle91's project.
All credits to him, till where he left.

First, patch use grovyle's patch 3.0 (yes 3.0 not the latest one.) Download from original forum.
then, follow the instructions:
1. NitroExplorer (google search for the download)
2. download this text_j.str
and extract it
open the patched version of Pokemon mystery dungeon with NitroExplorer. On the left hand side, select MESSAGE and you have 2 files one of them is text_j.str . now on the top there's a button Reinsert click on it and select the text_j.str which you downloaded.
Thats It!

FAQ
What is the need to patching it first?
wacko.gif

Ans. Grovyle changed the english font in PMD so that the english letters are normal in size. Otherwise they were huge just like japanese ones and wont fit on the screen.

Who am I?
Ans. Well i was in the original translation team along with shadow hunter and some others, and now its my job to bring the project back to life.
gbasp.gif

Nitro explorer does not work!
mad.gif

Ans. Download a newer version or use DSbuff or DS lazy. don't ask me how to use it! Or if u are using vista run it as administrator or XP mode.
lecture.gif

PMD doesnt save!
Ans. Check no$gba save options or in any emulator u are using.
lecture.gif

This translation is no good.
hate2.gif

Ans. Sit at home and relax, wait for the english version.

What next:
More translation.
Perhaps a video to help some ppl.

Project is finally back to life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice