FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I am annoyed like hell right now. Me and my brother had the idea of connecting the iPod in with the TV. So we got a composite cable from BestBuy. When we tried connecting it the audio was successful but it wasn't showing video. Now thinking the cable was at fault we returned it. Later I find out about resupport so I felt stupid giving back what I needed in the first place. Anyways my brother got a iPod dock which comes with all the cables to connect to a tv so that's composite and s cables right there. Anyways he tried it without me. I then tried to get resupported. I went to Cydia and did as instructed. Our iPod is a 3rd generation and it runs on iOS4. As such I downloaded resupported4. Now I connected everything back again. This time matters were worse. Now the audio didn't connect. Resupport had no instructions with it and I don't know what the fuck to do. The resupport has two settings. Status and type of cable such as composite or s cables. Anyways I think the problem lies with the status but it keeps saying unknown and every time we take the connection off the settings freezes up and we have to reboot the iPod. I am stresses out along with my brother but I think it's because of what he got. Dumbass got a fucking expensive dock connector when all he needed was a composite cable. Situation went downhill so far. Resupported was only successful at removing the only thing that worked.

Please help me before my dumbass of a bro returns this shit.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say you're well within your rights to return the products. The product is no longer supported by the iPod firmware and they have done nothing to tell you otherwise so you can get a full refund and try and find a supported one (then again for all I know the only supported cables now are the official Apple cables which would be complete bullshit)

Edit: Re-read that bit at the bottom and adding this: Your brother is NOT a dumbass for not wanting to jump through hoops to try and get TV-Out to work on his iPod. Any company selling these unsupported products should make it clear it isn't supported by later firmwares or, better yet, not be selling them at all and only sell cables which work. Imagine you weren't a person who knew anything about jailbreaking. You've just been ripped off and sold a piece of kit which doesn't work with no idea that it didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does...