FabienvgNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I have a New 3DS XL. 4 months ago, I bought Pokemon ORAS and Pokemon X through the e-Shop. I made a backup of my saves through the System settings in 9.2 and after that I deleted the games. In my Nintendo 3DS folder on the MicroSD card, I then found a folder called 'backup' and it contains two folders: 001 and 002. My backup save files are located here (for Pokemon X and AS). I put the entire Nintendo 3DS folder on my PC, as a backup (the 'backup' folder including the save backups is located in this 'Nintendo 3DS' folder).

Then yesterday I finally got my cartridge of Zelda OoT. I deleted everything on the MicroSD card (I have a backup on PC!) entered the Gateway menu. Then I formatted EMUnand. Then I booted into Gateway mode and updated EMUnand to 9.5.

Now I want to install my Pokemon games on EMUnand including the save files. How do I do this? I assume I have to download the games through the e-Shop again on EMUnand. But how do I restore the savefile backups?

I really hope somebody can help me. I am new to this. ;)

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Download the games from eshop and the saves will be automatically restored, at least it was the case for me with pokemon shuffle.

FabienvgNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If it still is the same Nintendo 3DS\ID1\ID2 you only need to restore the full Nintendo 3DS folder and recover your backup.

Yes, they are still the same. However, I want to format System Nand in the 3DS settings, because I have to unwrap my cia's on EMUnand eveytime I go into EMUnand. I read I have to remove MicroSD card, and then format System Nand to solve this problem.

Won't this cause any problems when I try to restore the saves?

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just do this first before formating sysNAND.

After formating sysNAND it's ID1/ID2 is different than emuNAND's > leaving saves intact for emuNAND.

To transfer them, you can SDF it afterwards. (Needs SD without emuNAND to work with sysNAND).

Reactions: FabienvgNL

FabienvgNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

After formating sysNAND it's ID1/ID2 is different than emuNAND's > leaving saves intact for emuNAND.

To transfer them, you can SDF it afterwards. (Needs SD without emuNAND to work with sysNAND).

Ok, so I first download and install the eshop games in EMUnand. Then how do I restore the saves? I am not sure what you mean by 'To transfer them, you can SDF it afterwards'.

FabienvgNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Oh, and one more thing. After I formatted SysNAND.. Is the Nintendo 3DS folder in the MicroSD card linked to SysNAND or linked to EmuNAND? I think to emuNAND.. but where is the Nintendo 3DS folder located for sysNAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...