Restoring 3ds deleted games

Subzero100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sd card got messed up somehow, so i had to format it just to be able to use it again. then i used a recovery program to see it i could restore all the deleted folders, and it seemed to recover all the important files like the nintendo 3ds folder. I know that folder has all the games, so do i have to install all the games over again or can i just copy them back to my sd card?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You surely didn't have to make a new thread just to ask about that..
so do i have to install all the games over again or can i just copy them back to my sd card?
Anyway, depends on if the Nintendo 3ds folder is readable once you put it back or not. The data recovery won't recover every file that was on that folder, so at best you end with a working Nintendo 3ds folder with your installed titles showing (but corrupt, not working), and at worst it won't work.
I just recommend re-downloading your games and install them on pc with custom-install (faster than with fbi)..
As for saves, if you didn't back them with Checkpoint, it might be too late..

Subzero100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick update i fould a install guide on youtube, and got thru the points where you install all the files u need. When i restarted my 3ds to do the next steps all of my files magically appeared like they never left :). I knew they went deleted because for some reason without the sd card there were a few dsi game still on the menu. Good thing i recovered the files before i formatted it. This thing had me stressed for hours, because i was getting it ready to sell to someone. I think the reason this didnt work for me before is, becuase your 3ds is supposed to assigned a certain code to every system which is why my old 3ds didnt show the games last time.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the reason this didnt work for me before is, becuase your 3ds is supposed to assigned a certain code to every system which is why my old 3ds didnt show the games last time.
You are talking about just one 3ds, so how & why wouldn't it read your "Nintendo 3ds" folder with your games etc on it?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick update i fould a install guide on youtube
Following Youtube guides is rarely a good idea.

I knew they went deleted because for some reason without the sd card there were a few dsi game still on the menu.
DSi games are stored in the NAND and will be unaffected by SD card problems.

This thing had me stressed for hours, because i was getting it ready to sell to someone.
Do you think you're the first person to ever have SD card problems or something!?

I think the reason this didnt work for me before is, becuase your 3ds is supposed to assigned a certain code to every system which is why my old 3ds didnt show the games last time.
So you were trying to use your SD card in a different 3DS than the one you were originally using!? Of course that's not going to work!

These are details you should probably consider including when you start asking for help.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto