Hacking resizing a wbfs partition

lou_weed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi

I have a 320GB WD passport split into 2 partitions of 160GB each.
As I realized I would need more space in the Wii partition later on , I tried to enlarge the first (wbfs) partition.
I am able to play (and right now trying to rip) games from the wii , but wbfs_win delta says it got invalid number of sectors...
Is there any way to update the FAT sectors of the wbfs partition , so it will be updated for the new partition size ?

thanks,
lou

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing that libwbfs or any current tools will allow you to do, but I think that information is stored on the first sector of the wbfs partition. So if you want to do some coding, you may be able to just change that value to reflect the current partition size.

BTW, what did you use to resize the partition? Partition Magic?

denpanosekai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question about the 320 GB passport (nothing to do with USB Loader...)

My girlfriend has this and gave me permission to use it for the Wii
wink.gif

but when I look at it in Partition Master (windows app for partitions), it shows a 10.34MB "unallocated" partition, which I'm afraid to screw with, maybe it contains firmware data or whatever.

Problem is, if I try to split the existing partition to create a new one, it adds the newly unused space to the existing "unallocated" one, so this is where I turn back in fear of destroying her drive completely.

soooo my question is, did you have that 10.34MB "unallocated" partition when you bought her drive? She never did anything to it other than adding data, ie it's still using the standard FAT32 file system...

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lmao its prob not on fat32 for one, its Most likely NTFS
just Delete the partition she has on it and make 2 new ones out of the unallocated space.
one for WBFS and one for standard file system to store data as usual with.

Davedom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Patition magic it shows up as "unallocated" but still has a letter and is resizable??? has anybody tried to resize this way??

If not i will try on another drive by putting games, resizing, etc
will get back to you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-