Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
Depending on sales, more company will follow. Pre-owned game sales is a plague for companies.

Pip'

That depends.

DLC is a huge part of the industry and used games mean more circulation of games. That means more people buy the DLC. Plus companies are also offering incentives to buy new. There are tons of games coming packed in with betas or demos for future games (Bulletstorm had a Gears of War 3 multiplayer beta, Borderlands GotY had the Duke Nukem Forever demo, Crackdown had the Halo 3 beta and Halo ODST had the Reach beta) or they're coming packed with free DLC off the bat (Alan Wake did this, although it apparently got disappointing sales). Plus I don't really see an issue with this whole "online pass" companies are doing now. You can probably still buy a used game plus an online pass for less than the new game would cost.

Piracy is definitely a larger issue since if you can pirate a game, you can probably pirate all the DLC for it as well.

I mean used game sales aren't helping the industry, but companies still make a profit off the DLC for them. I bought a used copy of Borderlands but I've paid for almost all the DLC (outside of the latest one which I have yet to try).

D

Deleted User

stanleyopar2000 said:
what a shitload of fuck!!

this is only going to set precedent for other companies to start following suit and shafting consumers...

this only strengthens my "hacking views" on the 3DS...they were extremely low..but due to greed..they are climbing
mad.gif
If these bastards don't watch it...the secret exploit to play backups on the 3DS might be unveiled..i'm sure hackers who hold the key to 3DS pirate are shaking their heads and watching.

it seems like the game companies have been on a frontal assault on pre-used game sales..which GameStop makes a a ton of their money from. Don't companies have contracts with GameStop? (pre order this and get this content that would otherwise be locked forever in the game). Digital download only handhelds, online access fee (for buying it second hand), and now save data that can't be fucking erased?? If they don't watch it...GameStop might just finally say "fuck you" and that will be the end of special pre order bonuses..

they can bullshit all they want and say they are not doing this to "combat pre-used game sales"...if that is not the purpose...than what the fuck did they do it for? because it seems to me by not letting a user delete save data off a 3DS game IS FUCKING HURTING THE PRE-USED GAME MARKET. Assholes.
dry.gif

edit - jalaneme - I love your rebellious profile picture and signature. RESIST THE POWER.
It's GameStop that profits from those pre-order bonuses, not the developer/publisher, so they can say 'fuck you' all they want. They'd just be hurting themselves. Game developers and publishers have every right to counter the pre-owned games market, because they don't get any money if GameStop (or any other shop) sells a used game. The argument that someone might trade in old games to buy a new one and that they're getting money from this is also invalid, as those used games, could be a lost sale for the publisher when sold. (Note how I say 'could', because I'm fully aware that some people wouldn't buy a game for the normal asking price.)
In my opinion an online game pass (like other publishers do it) would be a better idea than not letting you erase your save data, but I don't know if Nintendo even supports those things with the eShop. However, I don't know how many people actually care that much about online multiplayer on a handheld. Mercenaries 3D is an arcade game, a simple 'high score game', which isn't affected as badly from this 'feature' as some other game types would be (and also how you could think it was if you just heard people bash it because of this without thinking for yourself).

Side note: pre-used isn't even a word, it's either used or pre-owned.
wink.gif

QUOTE(stanleyopar2000 @ Jun 29 2011, 05:27 PM) if the consumers are oppressed enough. The people who are behind the 3DS hacking will open pandoras box...enough will be enough.
That's just BS and you know it. Who are those people anyway? Legacy, the ones that said they won't provide any info so chinese flashcart manufacturers can't make a quick buck off their work?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I bet you Revelations will be just like this...

and like what Takeshi said before..this is just a "high score" save game

but what about a game that has level structure?...that will be more impacted from a game you can't delete the save data

CortalRage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no need to erase data. All they did was unlock missions for you to play, if you buy a completed game. You can replay the beginning missions no problem and not miss out on anything. The game is just shoot and kill for a score, F-SS ranking. All you do for beating them the first time is unlock new missions and characters.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
maybe if someone can make a hack of some sort to "empty" the saves. then again, for a real/legit user, its kinda like the feeling that capcom "know" that their game is short and hence ppl will not keep it with them
if they had worked hard like multiplayer included, this would not have been so. they try to compensate their underdevelopment (probably due to the simultaneous other RE devpt) with ppl buying more copies

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I for one, do not care whether there is only one save game. I never buy used games, and I don't see why gamestop or any of the other shitty companies deserve my money. If we like capcoms games, do they not deserve our cash?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vinnymac said:
I for one, do not care whether there is only one save game. I never buy used games, and I don't see why gamestop or any of the other shitty companies deserve my money. If we like capcoms games, do they not deserve our cash?

I find it funny that we're all so easy to jump to calling Gamestop "shitty" when Capcom is the one whose nickle and diming us with overpriced mini games (The Mercs 3D), lazy ports lacking new content (SSFIV 3D), and they don't even listen to their base unless they're willing to put money down on it (Megaman Legends 3).

At least Gamestop provide you with the games. If it wasn't for video game retailers then you probably wouldn't be playing a lot of video games (legally, at least). Most any game retailer also sells games used. Does that make them the devil or something? Until digital distribution becomes the only way to sell games, we're gonna have to live with retailers that, god forbid, try to make a larger profit themselves.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
LOL at Capcom saying they didn't mean it that way but then never explaining why they did it.

Like, the game is painfully short and painfully skim, not to mention anyone who has played Resident Evil 4 or 5 has pretty much played all there is to Mercenaries (and with better graphics/controls).

They just didn't want people renting the game and finishing way before having to return it and people re-selling their game.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Vinnymac said:

I find it funny that we're all so easy to jump to calling Gamestop "shitty" when Capcom is the one whose nickle and diming us with overpriced mini games (The Mercs 3D), lazy ports lacking new content (SSFIV 3D), and they don't even listen to their base unless they're willing to put money down on it (Megaman Legends 3).

At least Gamestop provide you with the games. If it wasn't for video game retailers then you probably wouldn't be playing a lot of video games (legally, at least). Most any game retailer also sells games used. Does that make them the devil or something? Until digital distribution becomes the only way to sell games, we're gonna have to live with retailers that, god forbid, try to make a larger profit themselves.

I still don't agree with you with SSFIV 3D,but everything else I sort of agree on.

Did they really not have that much fate in this game? Price would probably drop even while it new anyway.

QUOTE(Fishaman P @ Jun 29 2011, 03:45 PM)
Absolutely unacceptable.
Agree.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:

I find it funny that we're all so easy to jump on calling what Capcom is doing "nickle and diming" us when companies like Gamestop try to suck both us and developers dry for every penny they can. Capcom isn't the one that buys a used game off you for £6, then sells it on to someone else for £36. If companies like Gamestop even offered 10% of the profit gained from used game sales to the developers that made the games, no developer would care about used games.

Capcom have made a lot of mistakes lately, but they can't really be blamed when they're a company that needs to make money. In the perfect world, Capcom would've made Revelations and The Mercs 3D into a single game. But in the perfect world, piracy wouldn't exist and every decent game would sell at least half as well as the consoles they're on. So I guess nobody gets what they want.

D

Deleted User

I don't know, it would be a bad thing if this game was intended to be like the others RE, like IV or V, but this game looks like a multi-player only, maybe they just want you to keep your achievements, just like in bad company 2 (there you can create a new soldier if you want), if that is the point, i'm not going to buy this game anyway, i will wait until revelations arrive, and if for some reason the revelations show itself like this, than i won't buy it, no way.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wintrale said:
Guild McCommunist said:

I find it funny that we're all so easy to jump on calling what Capcom is doing "nickle and diming" us when companies like Gamestop try to suck both us and developers dry for every penny they can. Capcom isn't the one that buys a used game off you for £6, then sells it on to someone else for £36. If companies like Gamestop even offered 10% of the profit gained from used game sales to the developers that made the games, no developer would care about used games.

Capcom have made a lot of mistakes lately, but they can't really be blamed when they're a company that needs to make money. In the perfect world, Capcom would've made Revelations and The Mercs 3D into a single game. But in the perfect world, piracy wouldn't exist and every decent game would sell at least half as well as the consoles they're on. So I guess nobody gets what they want.
You know video game retailers have nothing to do with this right? They only buy and sell video games, they have no say in the games development and something like this hurts them more now. As well you should know with resale they have to buy the game cheap and sell it back for more, that's how you make money. You can't buy a game for full price then sell it back for full price and expect your shop to stay afloat.

D

Deleted User

Wintrale said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Do you expect Gamestop to buy a game back for 100% and sell it the same amount?

Do you expect them to buy a used game from a person for say 30 dollars and them not sell it for 35? Its called profit.

Their job isn't to donate money to game companies, its to make money.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
brandonspikes said:
Do you expect Gamestop to buy a game back for 100% and sell it the same amount?

Do you expect them to buy a used game from a person for say 30 dollars and them not sell it for 35? Its called profit.

If they actually bought them for £30, I'd laugh. But they don't. You're lucky if they give you a fifth of that unless you intend to trade the game in for another (at which time they just make even more money off of you). You make it sound like they don't make profit from the sales of game consoles, accessories and new game sales - which is nonsense, since over here they make a little less than £50 of profit from every 3DS they sell. That's likely more than they've ever made in terms of profit per console sold, but it's no secret that every console maker gives retailers at least 10% of the console's price as profit.

QUOTETheir job isn't to donate money to game companies, its to make money.

I don't get your argument - you say that Gamestop's job is to make money, but it isn't Capcom's? Gamestop can screw us over to make money, but Capcom can't screw over Gamestop to make money?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F