OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
screenshot238618thumb30.jpg

QUOTE said:
Resident Evil Revelations will scare you so much you won't want to move. That's the message from the game's producer Masachika Kawata who, along with his colleagues, is looking to create a true survival horror game that has more in common with the early RE games than the action-orientated Resident Evil 4.

In a report in Famitsu Magazine, director Koushi Nakanishi told fans to expect "true survival horror". To achieve this, Capcom is planning to bring back the "classic style" of exploration and puzzle solving from the older RE games.

As for the scares, producer Masachika Kawata added that he's aiming to deliver a game that makes players feel a greater sense of fear.

Kawata believes that Capcom placed the focus on an invigorating gameplay experience but for Resident Evil Revelations, the development team will be focusing on fear and suspense. The aim is to make players feel so scared that they don't want to move.

So rather than rushing around the cruise ship blasting zombies, you'll feel like moving slowly as you won't know when something might pop out. Creatures will appear from unexpected directions and you'll also have to deal with limited ammo, although you will be able to move freely when your gun is equipped.

Resident Evil Revelations sees Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine returning to deal with zombies on an ocean liner. A storyboard in Famitsu magazine apparently shows of storage room filled with dead bodies while the ships kitchen is also littered with corpses.

It sounds like it could be the scariest Resident Evil game yet but you may have to wait for it as we're told that it's only 20% complete.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=279533

Yeah yeah we'll see, sounds good though.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
QUOTEResident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, one of two Resident Evil games planned for release on Nintendo's 3DS, allows players to move and shoot.

The game is an updated port of the time attack-based Mercenaries mode from the previous three main Resident Evil games, the latest issue of Japanese magazine Famitsu (translated by 1UP) reveals.

Mercenaries 3D's controls are similar to those of the previous games, except you can now move and shoot, with the perspective switching to first-person whenever you draw your weapon. Apparently you can default to this perspective for the entire game.

"We needed to change the control system a great deal for the Nintendo 3DS," director Kazuhisa Inoue said. "The touch screen is a really great input device, so we definitely want to get the most out of that we can."

Characters featured include Chris Redfield, Claire Redfield, Hunk and Jack Krauser. They can be fully customised and gain abilities over time.

"You can give them skills and adjust their weaponry," Inoue said. "That lets you adjust them for your own play style while levelling up their skills.

"Each character has varying heal and defence abilities, and some skills let them unlock particular weapon features or defeat certain mid-bosses more easily. Taking advantage of these skills will make the game quicker to play and allow you to raise your characters' levels more easily."

The game is designed to be pure action, with story an afterthought. The entire package is 70 per cent complete, Capcom said.

Announced during Nintendo's 3DS showcase in September, The Mercenaries 3D combines the arcade levels from both Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 and adds brand new modes.

It'll also utilise the 3DS Wi-Fi Connection for online co-op play "regardless of location".

"The Mercenaries mode was just bonus material up until now," fellow director Koushi Nakanishi said, "so a lot of gamers never even got around to playing them, I don't think.

"You had to finish the main games to unlock them, which made them tough to access in the first place, and a lot of the challenges were pretty sadistically balanced besides."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-...-move-and-shoot
Yep I'm looking forward to this too, I hope the co-op is good as that's the only thing I can see got going for it.

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Ha, I didn't realize the two quote boxes were for different games at first, and I was like, "Huh? How can the game be 20% done and 70% done at the same time?" But then I looked back and saw that they were two different games.
rolleyes.gif

But anyways, I've never played a horror game before. I've heard a lot about RE games, but haven't ever played 'em. I think that I will get one of the 3DS RE games for my 3DS so I can say my first horror game was in 3D! That sounds pretty awesome.
yay.gif

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks great, but too bad I'll probably never get a 3DS since cashflow isn't one my strong suits. I was just playing Deadly Silence yesterday, but I dont know where to go after I kill that one vine monster boss!
laugh.gif
But its good to see that there will be some mature 3DS games. So far we have Resident Evil, and bouncing titties (DOA) to look forward to on the 3DS.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nothing was said about the camera perspective. If they're going for the feeling of the old RE games, the camera better be locked. I'm glad they plan on going back to scarce ammunition, though. I hope they have actual zombies in this one. Crimson heads > parasites.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Nothing was said about the camera perspective. If they're going for the feeling of the old RE games, the camera better be locked. I'm glad they plan on going back to scarce ammunition, though. I hope they have actual zombies in this one. Crimson heads > parasites.

You seriously want locked camera angles? Do you not remember how annoying the camera angles could get in the original games (or any game that has utilised that system)?

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
30084pm said:
Sounds awesome. I preferred the older Resident Evils to the newer ones. It's nice to see RE going back to its roots
smile.gif

Wut? RE4/5 are really good but they're a real bad survival horror. Zombies with advanced AI? WTF? The first Resident Evil doesn't need this.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
injected11 said:

You seriously want locked camera angles? Do you not remember how annoying the camera angles could get in the original games (or any game that has utilised that system)?
Yes, I seriously want locked camera angles back. Once I learned how to play, I wasn't annoyed by them in the slightest, and I prefer them much more than the over-the-shoulder approach of the newer games.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Juanmatron said:
30084pm said:
Sounds awesome. I preferred the older Resident Evils to the newer ones. It's nice to see RE going back to its roots
smile.gif

Wut? RE4/5 are really good but they're a real bad survival horror. Zombies with advanced AI? WTF? The first Resident Evil doesn't need this.

Don't get me wrong , I liked the news one.
I just preferred "OMFG ITS A ZOMBIE!!!" to "BANG! BANG! DIE ZOMBIE-BITCH!"

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Law said:
injected11 said:

Yes, I seriously want locked camera angles back. Once I learned how to play, I wasn't annoyed by them in the slightest, and I prefer them much more than the over-the-shoulder approach of the newer games.

Oh, okay. I forgot how enjoyable those puzzles where they hid something slightly out of camera view were.

Not to mention the sudden scene changes that would send you in a different direction! How fun!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I welcome some change but I`m a little worried about others...

Obviously it is imo very good, that they`ll try to make it like the older games again (puzzles, darker,...). I personally was fine with Resi4 but Resi5 went a little too far with the action approach. Still on its own RE5 was imo an great game and RE4 is imo even as an Resi-game really amazing (Wii-version of RE4 and MOVE-version of RE5 were best though
biggrin.gif
)!

But I`m really not sure about movement in combat (personally I didn`t like it in DeadSpace at all, since it took nearly all the "uneasyness" away, which I think was the best thing about this combat-style).

What I`m also pretty worried about is, that the camera doesn`t move over the shoulder anymore in faver of going into FirstPerson when you are in aiming-mode. I already mentioned that in another thread a few months ago but it seems really awkward, that you get a whole new screen in aiming-mode, which looks totally unnecessary, since it doesn`t seem as fluent as the over-the-shoulder-snapping...

Also WTF is that about having FPS-mode as a default in RE:M... I really hope that that will be it`s own mode, since I see huge issues with having a gunfight with someone shooting in FP and someone who has to get into aiming-mode!

The games look great but I`m honestly skeptical... I think they might be fixing broken things and breaking intact things
frown.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Every game which has randomly appearing zombies is scary like dementium at times but I feel that the 3d effect will make it truly scary
Remember the guy who was playing ridge racer awhile back and gasping at the end of the race

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
injected11 said:
Law said:
injected11 said:

Oh, okay. I forgot how enjoyable those puzzles where they hid something slightly out of camera view were.

Not to mention the sudden scene changes that would send you in a different direction! How fun!
I can't remember any single puzzle where anything obscured in one camera angle wasn't plainly visible in another, and I distinctly recall that as long as you were holding the directional buttons as the scene changed, you continued going straight.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Every game which has randomly appearing zombies is scary like dementium at times but I feel that the 3d effect will make it truly scary
Remember the guy who was playing ridge racer awhile back and gasping at the end of the race

Uh, you mean Kaz Hirai, the CEO of sony?

Lol, "that guy".

Ontopic: I'd rather over-the-shoulder than locked. And those RE look pretty promising. I'd buy both if I had the money. Hell, I don't even have enough money for the handheld yet :l.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo