Resident Evil Revelations 3DS is 'true survival horror'

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by heartgold, Dec 8, 2010.

1. heartgold
    OP

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-...-move-and-shoot
    Yep I'm looking forward to this too, I hope the co-op is good as that's the only thing I can see got going for it.

2. ineap09

Member ineap09 GBAtemp Regular

Guyana
    Ha, I didn't realize the two quote boxes were for different games at first, and I was like, "Huh? How can the game be 20% done and 70% done at the same time?" But then I looked back and saw that they were two different games. [​IMG]

But anyways, I've never played a horror game before. I've heard a lot about RE games, but haven't ever played 'em. I think that I will get one of the 3DS RE games for my 3DS so I can say my first horror game was in 3D! That sounds pretty awesome. [​IMG]

3. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    Sounds awesome. I preferred the older Resident Evils to the newer ones. It's nice to see RE going back to its roots [​IMG]

4. Oveneise

Member Oveneise GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Looks great, but too bad I'll probably never get a 3DS since cashflow isn't one my strong suits. I was just playing Deadly Silence yesterday, but I dont know where to go after I kill that one vine monster boss! [​IMG] But its good to see that there will be some mature 3DS games. So far we have Resident Evil, and bouncing titties (DOA) to look forward to on the 3DS.

5. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    Nothing was said about the camera perspective. If they're going for the feeling of the old RE games, the camera better be locked. I'm glad they plan on going back to scarce ammunition, though. I hope they have actual zombies in this one. Crimson heads > parasites.

6. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    You seriously want locked camera angles? Do you not remember how annoying the camera angles could get in the original games (or any game that has utilised that system)?

7. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Wut? RE4/5 are really good but they're a real bad survival horror. Zombies with advanced AI? WTF? The first Resident Evil doesn't need this.

8. injected11

United States
    Yes, I seriously want locked camera angles back. Once I learned how to play, I wasn't annoyed by them in the slightest, and I prefer them much more than the over-the-shoulder approach of the newer games.

9. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    Don't get me wrong , I liked the news one.
    I just preferred "OMFG ITS A ZOMBIE!!!" to "BANG! BANG! DIE ZOMBIE-BITCH!"

10. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom

Oh, okay. I forgot how enjoyable those puzzles where they hid something slightly out of camera view were.

Not to mention the sudden scene changes that would send you in a different direction! How fun!

11. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I welcome some change but I`m a little worried about others...

Obviously it is imo very good, that they`ll try to make it like the older games again (puzzles, darker,...). I personally was fine with Resi4 but Resi5 went a little too far with the action approach. Still on its own RE5 was imo an great game and RE4 is imo even as an Resi-game really amazing (Wii-version of RE4 and MOVE-version of RE5 were best though [​IMG])!

But I`m really not sure about movement in combat (personally I didn`t like it in DeadSpace at all, since it took nearly all the "uneasyness" away, which I think was the best thing about this combat-style).

What I`m also pretty worried about is, that the camera doesn`t move over the shoulder anymore in faver of going into FirstPerson when you are in aiming-mode. I already mentioned that in another thread a few months ago but it seems really awkward, that you get a whole new screen in aiming-mode, which looks totally unnecessary, since it doesn`t seem as fluent as the over-the-shoulder-snapping...

Also WTF is that about having FPS-mode as a default in RE:M... I really hope that that will be it`s own mode, since I see huge issues with having a gunfight with someone shooting in FP and someone who has to get into aiming-mode!

The games look great but I`m honestly skeptical... I think they might be fixing broken things and breaking intact things [​IMG]

12. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    Every game which has randomly appearing zombies is scary like dementium at times but I feel that the 3d effect will make it truly scary
    Remember the guy who was playing ridge racer awhile back and gasping at the end of the race

13. injected11

United States
    I can't remember any single puzzle where anything obscured in one camera angle wasn't plainly visible in another, and I distinctly recall that as long as you were holding the directional buttons as the scene changed, you continued going straight.

14. narutofan777

Member narutofan777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Afghanistan
    graphics lookin' good. and game overall

15. Ssx9

Member Ssx9 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Uh, you mean Kaz Hirai, the CEO of sony?

Lol, "that guy".

Ontopic: I'd rather over-the-shoulder than locked. And those RE look pretty promising. I'd buy both if I had the money. Hell, I don't even have enough money for the handheld yet :l.

16. xatratx

Newcomer xatratx Reloaded

Antarctica
    Cool, i cant wait to get this game! [​IMG] The Deadly Silence one was boring because i already played the ps1 version.