Resident Evil 4 Remake's Denuvo has been cracked 2 months after release

capsule_616x353.jpg

Scene member Empress has just removed Denuvo from a highly-acclaimed recent release. Resident Evil 4 Remake is now cracked, 52 days after its release, circumventing VM Protect, Denuvo Secure DLC v2, Capcom Anti-Tamper, Steam DRM, and Denuvo Version 18. According to user comments, Denuvo caused performance issues on PC, with users able to run the unprotected demo just fine, but having the game stutter or not even run. Empress also used the announcement to tease the next upcoming game they plan to crack, with the hint of, "Third Time Is The Charm". Please remember that sharing warez is against GBAtemp's ToS.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You also said something along the lines of right-wing people not being creative or something.

JRR Tolkiens Lord of The Rings say otherwise. Not only is it one of the best-selling books of all time, but a lot of games, TV shows, and movies are inspired by his work. Most modern fantasy wouldn't exist without his work.
I can't think of any standard by which Tolkien could be considered right-wing, especially not the standard of his time. He famously wrote a letter vehemently defending the Jewish people when they were the most oppressed and targeted group on the planet. Even LOTR itself is littered with "Marxist" themes of finding strength in diversity.

• Haha
Reactions: _47iscool

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what are these headlines then?

https://www.pcgamer.com/denuvo-drm-that-nobody-likes-now-available-for-nintendo-players-too/

And

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021...ing-anti-tampering-technology-to-the-ps5/amp/

And

https://resources.irdeto.com/video-games/datasheet-anti-tamper-and-anti-cheat-technology-for-mobile

Just because it isn’t used doesn’t mean it isn’t available elsewhere. This horrid company has programs for every platform. They’re just not implemented, yet.
Either scare tactics or just fake news. DRM on consoles would be pointless anyway since one is required to have a hacked console to run piracy. PS4 jailbreak scene is doing a hell of a job staying consistent with new games + updates/DLC that are DRM on PC. Now I feel like an idiot for buying the deluxe edition lol oh well Capcom has my money.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
PC scene is a lost cause now. Too many game with Denuvo, not enough people to crack it. Unless they are a super popular game, chance are they won't get cracked ever at all.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
PC scene is a lost cause now. Too many game with Denuvo, not enough people to crack it. Unless they are a super popular game, chance are they won't get cracked ever at all.
True, but it's always removed after a certain period of time, and a lot of AAA games need that time to get patched up anyway. The patient pirates still win out, much like the patient buyers.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol you mean like in the fictional CSI-type shows filmed and/or produced in Hollywood? God forbid they poke fun at themselves. Sucks that those shows and reality TV took over cable, but I guess there's really nobody left watching it except boomers anyway.
Isn't he simultaneously complaining about not being enough diversity and having too much any diversity in media?

Reactions: Xzi

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't think of any standard by which Tolkien could be considered right-wing, especially not the standard of his time. He famously wrote a letter vehemently defending the Jewish people when they were the most oppressed and targeted group on the planet. Even LOTR itself is littered with "Marxist" themes of finding strength in diversity.

Which most are based off of different Europeans, except the dwarves and the the drúedain.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Isn't he simultaneously complaining about not being enough diversity and having too much any diversity in media?
Or video game skins which include hair dye being the downfall of Western civilization...or something. If everything left of Mein Kampf is considered "woke," then there's no point in trying to appease that vocal minority and things will keep going just as they have been.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Tolkien was a devout Catholic. I strongly doubt he would have stood behind many of the core beliefs of the politically left, were he alive today, because of said beliefs contravening the teachings of God.
That depends on how he would've reacted to all the child molestation scandals in the church. I doubt he would've reacted too favorably toward them, but who knows, maybe he would've gone into denial about it. In any case, the modern right isn't too friendly to writers in general.

I fail to see how political beliefs could have any correlation with one's degree of creativity, if such a thing could even be measured.
You're kidding, right? So much of conservative philosophy boils down to, "if I make more money than you, I win at life and you lose." So yeah you'll get some right-wingers in the gaming industry, but they're mostly your Tim Sweeneys and Bobby Koticks. Leeches in suits who only ever have a negative impact on the creative process.

Also, I fail to see what's so creative about the modern AAA video game industry, which tends to churn out safe bet after safe bet.
True enough, but I wasn't referring specifically to AAA gaming nor specifically to modern day.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job!!! Denuvo caused performance issue with Hogwarts Legacy on my gaming PC and had to adjust a lot of settings to run smooth.

Fuck to Denuvo!!!

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends on how he would've reacted to all the child molestation scandals in the church. I doubt he would've reacted too favorably toward them, but who knows, maybe he would've gone into denial about it. In any case, the modern right isn't too friendly to writers in general.

You're kidding, right? So much of conservative philosophy boils down to, "if I make more money than you, I win at life and you lose." So yeah you'll get some right-wingers in the gaming industry, but they're mostly your Tim Sweeneys and Bobby Koticks. Leeches in suits who only ever have a negative impact on the creative process.

True enough, but I wasn't referring specifically to AAA gaming nor specifically to modern day.
Even back in the 'good old days' a lot of the best media was made by someone who's SOMEWHAT progressive. Right wingers would never pursue creative hobbies because creativity doesn't make money, and writing/coding/acting/drawing makes you look like some "beta male atheist soy feminized pussy", or whatever else they'd say. That's why the left dominates so much of the animation/music/gaming/movie/etc areas, they dominate the culture because they have the balls to make it. They're in it because of the passion not the money.

Meanwhile idiots complain about everything being woke... maybe because you guys let the other side that you oh so hate take over the culture and basically create everything now. Want everything to not be woke anymore? make entertainment of your own.

Anyways, to get on topic, it's insane how many layers of DRM RE4 was buried under yet it ran so well on my system. A few stutters when you start the game up for the first time but outside of that it's golden. Had a blast playing the game all over again with all the new weapons, enhanced mercenaries mode, visuals etc. EA could take notes. Personally I don't think the cracked version will run THAT MUCH better but we'll have to see.

Reactions: Nenoss and Xzi

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when will denouvo learn that their drm makes legit players gaming experience unbearable? i guess never
They obviously don't care, it's the game publishers that need to feel enough pressure to stop licensing it. Which will never happen because too many people buy/preorder the games no matter what.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I think many of you take things for granted. We will eventually reach a point that would be impossible to crack anything in the future. Its just a matter of when its going to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel