Resident Evil 4 Remake finally confirmed

Following heavy rumors, leaks, and the increasingly likely probability that Capcom would remake yet another entry in the Resident Evil series, it has finally been confirmed that Resident Evil 4 is getting remade. Leon Kennedy returns, in an experience that Capcom hopes to both reimagine the story of, while staying true to the "essence of its [the original's] direction". Resident Evil 4 was originally released for the Nintendo GameCube in 2005, and in the years since, has been ported to numerous platforms. The RE4 remake will be out on March 24, 2023.

This time, the game is being developed to achieve state-of-the-art quality for a survival horror suitable for 2023, while preserving the essence of the original game. We aim to make the game feel familiar to fans of the series, while also providing a fresh feeling to it. This is being done by reimagining the storyline of the game while keeping the essence of its direction, modernizing the graphics and updating the controls to a modern standard.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
The cow is still healthy, and milk... Is it bad for you?
All that milk was fine when we were kids, but most adults aren't completely tolerant of lactose, yet that doesn't stop us from overindulging in milk and cream and ice cream and staining our toilets on the regular anyway.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All that milk was fine when we were kids, but most adults aren't completely tolerant of lactose, yet that doesn't stop us from overindulging in milk and cream and ice cream and staining our toilets on the regular anyway.
Adults should never consume milk. I thought everyone knew that by now.

Isn't the Gamecube and Wii versions still the definitive editions, because all later ports fucked it up in some way?
The Wii version is, and always will be. That is, unless one of these remake versions supports a Wiimote in a lightgun capacity.
No? Then yeah, the Wii version remains definitive.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was it really necessary, considering what a masterpiece RE4 was?

Just buy lactose-free milk, problem solved.
Adults should never consume milk. I thought everyone knew that by now.
What are you on about: it's well known that milk and eggs are "foods of life", people could survive on these two alone.

Reactions: IncredulousP

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Ported, sure. But this is actually going to be a version worth playing if you weren't a fan of the old controls.
I'm totally down for modern controls over tank controls. That was RE's biggest downfall was tank controls. Whoever thought tank controls were a good idea needs their nuts mashed into wine. Silent Hill 1 also used them, and it was so frustrating.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm totally down for modern controls over tank controls. That was RE's biggest downfall was tank controls. Whoever thought tank controls were a good idea needs their nuts mashed into wine. Silent Hill 1 also used them, and it was so frustrating.
I read they intended to make gamers have a more intense experience. Personally, it was just annoying and frustrating than scary/intense. 😐

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Remake of Part 4 ?
Hmm....maybe unnecessary but ok....more Money for CAPCOM..
After the really disappointing Remake from Part 3,hopefully nothing will ripped out again from the great Story.....

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why remake the game that was the start of the franchise going tits up.

Its wasn't even a great game either.

I would have rather see code Veronica remade and 4 be completely forgotten about.

Let's hope we don't see 5 and 6 getting remade.

We need to see the franchise keep to its roots and not brain washed inbreds infected by some alien like creatures.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why remake the game that was the start of the franchise going tits up.

Its wasn't even a great game either.

I would have rather see code Veronica remade and 4 be completely forgotten about.

Let's hope we don't see 5 and 6 getting remade.

We need to see the franchise keep to its roots and not brain washed inbreds infected by some alien like creatures.
Gotta disagree, RE4 probably the best chapter

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the problem back in the day was how would you manuver with all the dutch angles and pre renderred scenes for that the tank controll was the best option

just take a look at silenthill hd collection were they tried to implement normal controlls but still it felt so wanky and off and most of the players went back to tank controlls

and for silenthill one of team silent said the tank controll were more or les a stylistic choice since youre not in full controll you wont be comfortable

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
the problem back in the day was how would you manuver with all the dutch angles and pre renderred scenes for that the tank controll was the best option

just take a look at silenthill hd collection were they tried to implement normal controlls but still it felt so wanky and off and most of the players went back to tank controlls

and for silenthill one of team silent said the tank controll were more or les a stylistic choice since youre not in full controll you wont be comfortable
Okay, but if I have to fight a game's control scheme that I can't change (Thank GOD Resident Evil 2 on N64 gave us Control Type D), It makes for more frustrations than fun.

Reactions: rantex92

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)