Resident Evil 4 Remake finally confirmed

Following heavy rumors, leaks, and the increasingly likely probability that Capcom would remake yet another entry in the Resident Evil series, it has finally been confirmed that Resident Evil 4 is getting remade. Leon Kennedy returns, in an experience that Capcom hopes to both reimagine the story of, while staying true to the "essence of its [the original's] direction". Resident Evil 4 was originally released for the Nintendo GameCube in 2005, and in the years since, has been ported to numerous platforms. The RE4 remake will be out on March 24, 2023.

This time, the game is being developed to achieve state-of-the-art quality for a survival horror suitable for 2023, while preserving the essence of the original game. We aim to make the game feel familiar to fans of the series, while also providing a fresh feeling to it. This is being done by reimagining the storyline of the game while keeping the essence of its direction, modernizing the graphics and updating the controls to a modern standard.

Sakuraibr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Code Veronica is in a way better position for a remake than this one, but RE4 guarantees the numbers better, I suppose.
More concerns than hype.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait. I finished all except this one. I previously plated this game on Wii (I regretted bought Wii at the time). Now, it looks so much better and I will play it on PS5. I am surprised that they don't bring it to PS4 also. I feel sorry for people who own PS4 only. Capcom should release it for both! Anyway.. Can't wait!

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I can't wait. I finished all except this one. I previously plated this game on Wii (I regretted bought Wii at the time). Now, it looks so much better and I will play it on PS5. I am surprised that they don't bring it to PS4 also. I feel sorry for people who own PS4 only. Capcom should release it for both! Anyway.. Can't wait!
Playing a remake of RE4 with thumb sticks on PS5 is like playing a remake of Super Mario 64 with a D-pad on Switch. It´s possible but it´s suboptimal to say the least.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wouldn't spit on a remake of one of my top games, but I still would have prefered a remake of Code Veronica (you know, the true Resident Evil 3). Tho a remake of RE4 was to be expected, I would have prefered them to embrace the fact that Resident Evil 3 wasn't meant to be the 3rd episode

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
This game was my first entry into the series, stop at 6 cause of the bad story & gameplay. Hope they deliver this one well.

Sillybunnie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could never get used to the controls so I'm glad it's getting a remake. Same goes for RE5.
AMEN! I did not like the controlls on it, I tried but gave up. it's the only re game I haven't finished I only played the beginning of it in the village and never could go back to it.

I thought this game just got a remaster? Seems weird ro release a remake right now...
might be thinking of the oculus quest one that just came out recently

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time...