[Request] Tool for deleting useless/unused tickets

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by vexhash, Aug 28, 2016.

1. vexhash
    OP

vexhash GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
    I've been in this community since downgrading from 10.3 to 9.2 became real (that's about 8 months, I suppose?). During this time I've installed countless games and homebrews on my emunand, which later became sysnand, thanks to a9lh. I did never reset my system to default settings since I bought my console.
    You see, all that time I didn't know about tickets. I learned about them not very long time ago. It was when installing tickets in your system became popular; when ciangel, shameless and similar apps became avaliable.
    Now, what's the point of this request thread, you may ask... I accidently understood that tickets are usually not deleted when you delete certain app. I understood that these nasty tickets actually stay in your nand for eternity, until you do reset in system settings. That fact made me feel quite uncomfortable, thanks to my OCD. I mean, I have hundrens of unused tickets in my nand and I can't remove them even if I wanted to.
    Well, there's FBI which prompts you to delete ticket of certain app when you delete this very app. But what can I do about other tickets of old apps, which I deleted through system settings? Yeah, I can check tickets 1 by 1 and delete unused ones, but it will take eternity to finish.
    Now, about my request. I ask you to make tool which shows which ticket applies to certain app. If there're tickets without apps - this tool tells you about that and prompts you to delete it.

Last edited by vexhash, Aug 28, 2016
  2. SomecallmeBerto

SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
  3. vexhash
    OP

vexhash GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow