ROM Hack [REQUEST] Someone interested in making a Translation of "Daigyakuten Saiban"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ladies and gentlemen, I happy to announce: we have our first final art in the game!
46.bmp

The logo designed and made by @Sliter

Honestly, it looks bit cramped. It could need some air.
Maybe moving "the great" little bit up and lowering adventures little bit.
And have proper space between Ts in attorney.

Last edited by mrichston,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks awesome!
thanks! (~^w^)~

Maybe moving "the great" little bit up and lowering adventures little bit
it "cant" be done, there are limitations of the original image size and how the game read, I was very surprised that we could make the "adventures" part this long, compared to the original XD if we make longer than how the game "cut" it, will lost some pieces, actually we had some problems with this there but was solved xD
Actually we can if we resize to make fit with the changes, but well, it gonna be smaller.
Other way could be editing how the game read the image file and place on screen, but this one I have no idea how to and I don't think it's easy, same gores to making the " adventures" lower, would need these kind of changes
I can edit it again if @juan_3579 and @Pottty agree that it's needed o3o

Hey look! your chinese friends are on it too! xD
http://zt.tgbus.com/acghh/Work/2015/07/06/17514265210.shtml

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
thanks! (~^w^)~

it "cant" be done, there are limitations of the original image size and how the game read, I was very surprised that we could make the "adventures" part this long, compared to the original XD if we make longer than how the game "cut" it, will lost some pieces, actually we had some problems with this there but was solved xD
Actually we can if we resize to make fit with the changes, but well, it gonna be smaller.
Other way could be editing how the game read the image file and place on screen, but this one I have no idea how to and I don't think it's easy, same gores to making the " adventures" lower, would need these kind of changes
I can edit it again if @juan_3579 and @Pottty agree that it's needed o3o

Hey look! your chinese friends are on it too! xD
http://zt.tgbus.com/acghh/Work/2015/07/06/17514265210.shtml

In AAI2, we were able to make most of the images bigger. Mainly we made some text windows bigger to fit more text.
While it is possible to add pages in some situation, there were plenty of situations where making them bigger was must.

If it is max height, maybe lowering height of "Ace Attorney" slightly would do job.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In AAI2, we were able to make most of the images bigger. Mainly we made some text windows bigger to fit more text.
While it is possible to add pages in some situation, there were plenty of situations where making them bigger was must.

If it is max height, maybe lowering height of "Ace Attorney" slightly would do job.
I'm not saying it's impossible, just hard, if you know how to it would be a great[lol] help here o3o just need to know if they want to do change it.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm not saying it's impossible, just hard, if you know how to it would be a great[lol] help here o3o just need to know if they want to do change it.

I don't know how to do it. I am not a hacker. The ones I made bigger in AAI2 were made
bigger using tool our hacker created, but I think DGS is not using same format.

There is also possibility that not all images are using all the reserved space they can in DGS.
That was other way we made some images bigger in AAI2. It shouldn't be hard to test the limits
of space for images.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is also possibility that not all images are using all the reserved space they can in DGS.
That was other way we made some images bigger in AAI2. It shouldn't be hard to test the limits
of space for images.
yeah we did some test already, this is why the subtitle could be longer than the original one , and the logo itself a but more tall... don't think we are just throwing stuff there XD to do these montage need some dedication ... if we try to make the subtitle a bit down it will get on the capcom rights thing :/ we have luck that it could be wider lol

What exactly you did on the AAI2 localization ?

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
yeah we did some test already, this is why the subtitle could be longer than the original one , and the logo itself a but more tall... don't think we are just throwing stuff there XD to do these montage need some dedication ... if we try to make the subtitle a bit down it will get on the capcom rights thing :/ we have luck that it could be wider lol

What exactly you did on the AAI2 localization ?

Well first I just came up with some names before i was actually in team. Then I made most of graphics.
Then I did some text inserting and testing. I even figured out some workarounds for some technical
problems before hackers came up with proper solutions. This sounds lot, but we had big team.

Then lowering height of "Ace Attorney" is probably only option.

Reactions: Sliter

betaflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who's currently translating what (on the text side)?

(Probably good to have all translators chime in so they're not redoing someone else's work by accident)

The Great Shuruku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Localization or no, I would be interested in helping out with the text editing. Not translating, just proofreading to make sure it sounds natural and keeps the original tone and such. Can anyone get back to me on this?

MrKeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Localization or no, I would be interested in helping out with the text editing. Not translating, just proofreading to make sure it sounds natural and keeps the original tone and such. Can anyone get back to me on this?
Yeah, you probably mean alpha/beta testing, I'd be in on that too if possible.

betaflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll volunteer for that too, I'm quite good at proofreading, though it would probably have to be inserted first, due to context.

(I have a 9.2.0-U 3DS XL, I haven't actually bothered looking into how to set it up properly, which is probably the case unless Citra makes a breakthrough)

alexbip15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would love to help although not sure how to inject the updated files. I have a N3ds with tubehax and the retail Japanese cartridge.

MrKeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Although it's pretty damn early to be talking about proofreading and testing right now, we should wait until we actually have something tangible.

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Man, I wish I knew Japanese, just so I could play this game and help you guys out, because usually I'm very interested in language, but I just don't know Japanese.

How much experience do the guys working on this have, anyway?

Gazelle_Bro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I wish I knew Japanese, just so I could play this game and help you guys out, because usually I'm very interested in language, but I just don't know Japanese.

How much experience do the guys working on this have, anyway?
Well for the most part only one of them has any knowledge of Japanese, that would be Juan, while the others are doing stuff like inserting graphics and actually putting English text into the game, in place of the Japanese text.

alexbip15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if we want this to start off we should consider moving to another forum where we can create dedicated threads, etc... instead of just dumping everything in one thread.

This would also make finding people for translation/insertion that much easier.

we can create a dedicated forum for free here http://www.zifboards.com/register/

Last edited by alexbip15,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol