Status
Not open for further replies.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know this will be shock for you but there are still peoples in this world that doesn't know nothing about how games, emulator, pc and consoles are working.
But even the most uneducated person has some minimal common sense that makes him realize the cheap portable device that plays games of consistently lower complexity must in fact, even if it is for some reason that escapes his knowledge, not be able to play way more complex games played by more expensive and big systems.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Morrowind would be a more reasonable request since OpenMW is a thing. If anybody was actually ambitious enough to try this then, if it were actually possible, then they should just make their own game.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Morrowind would be a more reasonable request since OpenMW is a thing. If anybody was actually ambitious enough to try this then, if it were actually possible, then they should just make their own game.
Actually, an RPG maker style adaptation of Skyrim would be possible if someone is willing to do it. /s

PS: Also, Morrowind would be great.

Reactions: Ar7ific1al

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, an RPG maker style adaptation of Skyrim would be possible if someone is willing to do it. /s

PS: Also, Morrowind would be great.
I meant more in the way of a direct port, which is what I'm assuming OP is asking. I'm not familiar with RPG Maker since I bought XP only to mess around with Pokémon Essentials and bought MV on impulse, but I'm guessing it can't handle first person stuff or an Elder Scrolls style battle system given the games it usually makes.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I meant more in the way of a direct port, which is what I'm assuming OP is asking. I'm not familiar with RPG Maker since I bought XP only to mess around with Pokémon Essentials and bought MV on impulse, but I'm guessing it can't handle first person stuff or an Elder Scrolls style battle system given the games it usually makes.
Yeah, well, a direct port of Skyrim is impossible. Period. Not enough power.
The RPG Maker style adaptation was a joke, it is a complete different engine.
Regarding porting Morrowind to 3DS, I still thinks there is not enough power, but that is at least borderline credible.
If someone ported Morrowind to PS Vita, that would be nice actually.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: 8BitWonder

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, well, a direct port of Skyrim is impossible. Period. Not enough power.
The RPG Maker style adaptation was a joke, it is a complete different engine.
Regarding porting Morrowind to 3DS, I still thinks there is not enough power, but that is at least borderline credible.
If someone ported Morrowind to PS Vita, that would be nice actually.
Somebody might be able to make a clone with Unity. I don't mean an exact clone, but more like Ravensword: Shadowlands. I still don't think it would work well but that's the most realistic option.

Null-project

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is one way... draw a transmutation circle and get one copy of skyirm and one 3ds of equivalent quality. Make sure the deal you are making is even or you will end up like the last two little boys who tried this.
You can say it cost one of them an arm and a leg.

Reactions: pastaconsumer

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i was talking about running natively... not running from homebrew but more like a cia or bin, to have higher previleges and so it can run faster. but if the 3ds is quad core and a pc that can run skyrim is single core it could run
people already told you it's not possible, and tried to explain the reasons why not.

if you don't want to listen and still got the "yeah but blablabla" attitude and think you know better than anymore, then you are not welcome here...
if you genuenly want to know, i suggest you grab some books (or go into google) and learn how computers work and about specs...

btw, since your computer knowledge come from tv comercials and reading computer specs from price tags while window shopping
doom was made for a 66mhz cpu, and that is the basic, because there are lots of stuff that i am pretty sure you don't know about...

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: Capitán Retraso

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Port is impossible. Period. I doubt that even if it was remade, that the 3DS could handle just the open world part. Maybe with like 10ft of view distance. RPG Maker version on the other hand... ;P

Reactions: I pwned U!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show