Homebrew [Request] Half Life 1 3DS edition?

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France

dtwpurple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
For the umpteenth time, that kind of requests does not deserve to open a thread. It belongs here https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-homebrew-ideas-suggestion-requests-here.370320/
And moreover, nobody's going to do it anytime soon, I don't know if you know the amount of work that would require, as we do not have the sources for this game.

I don't specifically see why not.. I would like to see a poc for doom 3. I know THAT isn't exactly possible.. But.. We have the source..

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't see why it would be impossible, the psp had an engine that ran HL1.

I don't specifically see why not.. I would like to see a poc for doom 3. I know THAT isn't exactly possible.. But.. We have the source..

I think you did not understand what I said. I said that the fact that we do not have the source would make the port much more difficult.
That DOES NOT imply that it is impossible, nor that given the source code we could port any game on the 3DS.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I think you did not understand what I said. I said that the fact that we do not have the source would make the port much more difficult.
That DOES NOT imply that it is impossible, nor that given the source code we could port any game on the 3DS.
No, I read what you said just fine. I don't think the source is necessarily the problem so much as it is the work involved.

dtwpurple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you took my statement as hostile, which sir is not the case. Not everyone on the internet is looking for a fight...

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, I read what you said just fine. I don't think the source is necessarily the problem so much as it is the work involved.
Well, the amount of work is much larger if you don't have the original source code to work with. You'd have to figure out by yourself a ton of things to make a decent clone that you wouldn't have to if you had the source code.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think you took my statement as hostile, which sir is not the case. Not everyone on the internet is looking for a fight...
I did not. I'm sorry if I sounded rude, I have some trouble with figuring out a correct way to speak in a language that is not my mother tongue... Sorry ^o^

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well, the amount of work is much larger if you don't have the original source code to work with. You'd have to figure out by yourself a ton of things to make a decent clone that you wouldn't have to if you had the source code.

Looks like the source code may be floating around after all.

dtwpurple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Everyone that has a brain understands what it would take to code such a thing, all i'm saying is the Psp had an engine called Kurok that could probably be ported if we had the code.
Kurok was a modified quake engine.. But, I know what you mean. If we could port the source engine to the 3ds, that'd be a great start.

:edit: I see your edit. Oo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo