ROM Hack [REQ] Golden Sun Dark Dawn difficulty patch?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
GS:DD is awesome in so many damn ways, but it's got one serious flaw - it's way too easy! Everytime you get in a battle you almost always swipe everything in a turn. It's so severe that it sucks a serious amount of fun out of the game. There are many ways to make the game more difficult, but I concur on one possible solution universally appliable - decrease the amount of EXP gained.

If anyone out there agrees with me, I don't think it would be hard to make at all and I call upon the fanbase if they feel as I do.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since there are AR codes to multiply EXP I bet creating an AR code to lower the amount of EXP gained would be possible. Why not go to the cheat forums and request a code that can do that?

oniryuk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another great idea would be, you know in the first golden sun at the main menu screen how it had a battle mode to fight alot of monsters every turn that would be great except put bosses

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it's too easy most of the time, but extremely unbalanced in the end. Chaos Chimera and Dullahan are just ridiculously overpowered. I had to grind my entire party to 60 to beat the Chaos Chimera, and just barely won. Dullahan is impossible for me, mainly because of two things: that Djinn Storm attack that makes my whole party too weak to do much damage and unable to summon, and that attack that drains HP from all four characters at once. So I think that if someone does make a patch to make most battles more difficult, they should tone down those two bosses, or at least get rid of those moves that drain Djinn.

baller4eva14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, the game is too easy and very unbalanced unlike the other Golden Sun games. Even the puzzles are child's play. It's missing important features such as a harder difficulty mode, battle mode, and of course a New Game +.

Also the monsters are too easy regardless of Level, its true. If you want a better GS DD this is what you need. Less EXP, Monsters with a hell of a boost in stats, harder and I mean HARDER Djinn battles, harder puzzles, no missable anything, and remove the INSIGHT ability (It's better if we have mysteries).

If someone were to make this hack it would be a long time before it's released. Considering that there are nearly hundreds of monsters and implementing such modes would take an extraordinary amount of time to do all of this. For now, we wait if a team were to happen. All we can do is wait now and try to create difficulty on our own.

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're underleveled, the shadow monsters the first time you encounter them can give problems. If someone wants to find the monster data and the format of it, I'll start on this.

Also, a lower XP patch is as simple as looking at two of the XP multiplier codes, noticing the value that changes, and changing that.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just do a rush-challenge:
1. Don't get new djinns
2. No armor
3. Speed-run it (for lower level)

However I completely agree with PeregrinFig, like wtf?! When I first saw Mountain Roc, I though "Awesome; a challenge! IKUZE!!" and to my disappointment I waste him on the 2nd turn summon rushing it. Against Choas Chimera, Sveta at 90hp (lv.48) was the only one left standing. Thank God that my Thor summon completely obliterated him (2000+ dmg
biggrin.gif
).

A difficulty hack is going to take time... lots of time.
Question!: Shadow Shield, Chalis spams it like crazy. People crying about it. Does it increase defense and resistance?

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shadow Shield massively reduces damage, but it's no big deal. She doesn't use it often enough for it to be a big issue. Just target her first, then take out Blados afterwards, and you shouldn't have too many problems. I don't see why people would be crying about it.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PeregrinFig said:
Shadow Shield massively reduces damage, but it's no big deal. She doesn't use it often enough for it to be a big issue. Just target her first, then take out Blados afterwards, and you shouldn't have too many problems. I don't see why people would be crying about it.

Ohhhhhh. That's why I don't notice it...I do too much damage to see if Shadow Shield did anything in the first place... I mostly attack with psynergy and summons anyway. Shadow Shield sucks o.O. The only time Blados ever surprised me was when he 1HKO me with Punishment. Killed Karis. That was rude and I went off on that bastard. Killed him first. Chalis was definitely the tougher of the two. With her damn... what was it called, when she goes all frenzy on you and laughs after she finishes her onslaught? Lol.

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
nooo i don't think in the less exp , becouse in my opionion , i don't encounter much enemies , i get sveta , and is very easy the game , and without djins the game is easy , the only boss who was hard was the ice queen maybe is a good idea to do a less damage , and no quit exp
smile.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I agree, the shadow monster battles are also too long. I grinded to level 40 then I see Chaos Chimera and I was like, WTF??? Then before, at the Mountain Roc, I killed him on my second turn of Boreas summons.
Maybe instead of a difficulty patch, someone should make a balancing patch instead.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
I agree, the shadow monster battles are also too long. I grinded to level 40 then I see Chaos Chimera and I was like, WTF??? Then before, at the Mountain Roc, I killed him on my second turn of Boreas summons.
Maybe instead of a difficulty patch, someone should make a balancing patch instead.
I agree with the idea of making a balance hack where bosses and monsters actually fit the difficulty of how far you are in the game.
happy.gif

aibaby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not so bad.. I beat Chimera at 47 w/o using any summons.. though I used tri-element classes (Matthew, Karis, Sveta, and Himi)..

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:
I think it's too easy most of the time, but extremely unbalanced in the end. Chaos Chimera and Dullahan are just ridiculously overpowered. I had to grind my entire party to 60 to beat the Chaos Chimera, and just barely won. Dullahan is impossible for me, mainly because of two things: that Djinn Storm attack that makes my whole party too weak to do much damage and unable to summon, and that attack that drains HP from all four characters at once. So I think that if someone does make a patch to make most battles more difficult, they should tone down those two bosses, or at least get rid of those moves that drain Djinn.
I think the difficulty of Dullahan is just enough, i loved beating him since the Golden Sun:TLA, but I admit you really need some luck and faith that you don't get hammered while youve just been hit by a the djinn storm, one of my favorite bosses in there was the star magician, you just need to cycle the types of balls to get the anger/thunder to make the battle easier
grog.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Mountain Roc was decent, as is the final boss and optional bosses from rooms unlockable with the Sol Blade. They appear to have been well aware of how to make a battle difficult, which is why I don't understand how they screwed up all the rest of the game. Oo;

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Searinox said:
Mountain Roc was decent, as is the final boss and optional bosses from rooms unlockable with the Sol Blade. They appear to have been well aware of how to make a battle difficult, which is why I don't understand how they screwed up all the rest of the game. Oo;

The game was a bit too short aswell.
When this game first came out, I expected a masterpiece. A game to nearly overthrow legendary games like OoT. Flippin' Camelot had so much time to make it lovely... It is satisfactory however.

\/ For those who have beaten the game and has fought atleast 2 optional bosses.
In your opinion who was the hardest for you to defeat? List yours from hardest to easiest. I haven't beaten Dullahan yet so here is mine:
Five Trolls > Ancient Demon > Star Magician
Yes the five trolls were simple until the #4 and the #5 -_-. Died three times against them.
Ancient Demon pissed me off the first battle. Abused my Daedalus Summon.
Second I summon rushed him really quickly. Killed off Rief and Sveta in the process however. =|
Star Magician... I guess I was lucky this time! He was a pain in the ass in TLO. Only problem was the guardian balls -_-; slowed down the inevitable.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
You know, for those of you whining about how easy it is to beat bosses, you could stop using the boring method of summon-rushing... anyone who hasn't beaten dullahan without resorting to that should not claim it is too easy.

That aside, I do agree that overall the game /is/ too easy. Exp gain is ridiculous, even without the ease one can slay most monsters. I sincerely hope they include all the older features in the next release... I'd expect it to essentially be a rebirth of the first pair (first one loads data to the second, etc, etc), but I guess we'll see.

I'd love any kind of difficulty hack, another possibility that would be easier to implement than changing every monster in the game, would be lowering the playable character's stats :x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: gm chat