Reports: GTA5 coming to "Wii2"

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It will heavily depend on the architecture of Wii successor.
If porting it from PS3 does not prove too costly they would do it I guess.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Nintendo claimed to be targeting more hard-core gamers with the 3DS, I don't see why the Wii2 would change that. It's simply branching out to attract more players which is a smart move.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
rockstar knows it cant make money on nintendo systems
Can't see why not, it has a lot going for it.

Its on a console that isn't hacked.
Shared development costs with PC/360/PS3
Early launch games do tend to sell better than later ones.
Its a proper GTA, a lot of people hated that GTA:CC was a overhead game, I personally hated that it wasn't as much fun as GTA 1 & 2.
It wont be shit like Manhunt 2.
It wont be an old game like Bully or Table Tennis.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mkoo said:
...Did you read what you said before you said it? Please don't use words just because they sound good. Not to be rude, but the "architecture" wouldn't determine much besides the aesthetics of the Wii2.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
mkoo said:
...Did you read what you said before you said it? Please don't use words just because they sound good. Not to be rude, but the "architecture" wouldn't determine much besides the aesthetics of the Wii2.
Actually it would determine a lot. It could determine exactly how easy or difficult it is to develop on.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
machomuu said:
mkoo said:
Actually it would determine a lot. It could determine exactly how easy or difficult it is to develop on.
It wouldn't determine the internals. It would, how they would be placed, but it's more likely that the internals would be part of deciding the aesthetics, not vice-versa (though it is possible in some cases).

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
MaxNuker said:
i think mkoo meant: architecture as CPU architecture... or something like that, and not like the "Outside" of the wii2 xD
Me too.

To me it's an obvious choice for them to continue with the PowerPC from IBM.
Gives them good BC and Cell-like processing.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
i think mkoo meant: architecture as CPU architecture... or something like that, and not like the "Outside" of the wii2 xD
I know, it's just one of my pet peeves is when someone uses a word just because it sounds nice or intelligent rather than if it actually makes sense.

Anyway, I'm not super surprised. I just hope this changes the mainstream's thoughts towards Nintendo (not that I care, but it's annoying hearing "HERP DERP FPS Shooters HERP DERP Xbox 360 and PS3" all of the time).

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
I know, it's just one of my pet peeves is when someone uses a word just because it sounds nice or intelligent rather than if it actually makes sense.

Mines people mispronouncing words to make them sound fancier, so I know where you are coming from, but architecture does commonly mean "the specific type of silicon and how it's wired together" when used about computers, not like architecture as in "pretty drawings for an engineer to take a look at and say "that won't work"".

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
mkoo said:
There you go
What I meant was CPU design or console architecture as a whole.
There were some rumors about Nintendo is going to use ATI Fusion which is a AMD64 platform (x86-64 as intel calls it)
If Nintendo makes a system with drastically different cpu design than the other consoles on the market the games primarily for Xbox or PS won't get ported.

You might say "hey PS3 uses Cell which is different" But PS3 has a audience who plays games like GTA
Rockstar won't risk releasing a "hardcore" game on a Nintendo home conolse if it cost them too much to develop.

But who knows maybe Nintendo will have ATI produce them a special version of Fusion.
Or simply pay Rockstar to release GTA on Wii successor. To draw attention of a different audience

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokujr1000 said:
Canonbeat234 said:
Wait, a GTA game on a 'NINTENDO' licensed console system. Read my sentence and find an error there please.

Look at the NDS and Gameboy consoles and see what titles they had.

Chinatown Wars bombed completely. I'm not sure about the success of GTA and GTA2 on the GBA.

I don't know, I have a feeling that Nintendo is just trying to win back the "core" audience by pushing some "core" launch titles (like SSFIV on the 3DS, possibly this on the Wii). Whether people will buy into it is a different thing though.

I'll wait to see how the "Wii 2" version stacks up against the other versions though.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guild McCommunist said:
Chinatown Wars bombed completely...Here we go again... I don`t know why you constantly say that and I really don`t want to elaborate on this matter again so I think I`ll just repost my statement on this from the "Games likely to come to 3DS"-thread from Jul 2 2010 (lol
rolleyes.gif
):

Master Mo said:
QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Jul 2 2010, 02:31 PM) Those are all obvious outside of GTA, which I would bet money it won't. After Chinatown Wars flopped at retail, they probably won't be visiting a Nintendo console, let alone a handheld, anytime soon for a GTA game. Wait for the PSP2 and you'll see some significant GTA titles probably.
I don`t know why you thing CW flopped on DS. I think to sell 1 million games is quite an accomplishment. I know it is not much in comparison to other GTA-games but as far as I can see that might not be the DS-demographics fault... According to VGCharts GTA:CW sold the following (with aggregated third- and tenth-weeks sales to have a temporal comparison):

-NDS-Version: 1,047,768 (268,388 in the first three and 539,185 in the first ten weeks)
-PSP-Version: 501,850 (65,828 in the first three and 286,864 in the first ten weeks)

Now if we look at the sales of the other two GTA-games on PSP (LCS: 6,115,097 and VCS: 3,752,300) you can clearly see, that CW did even worse on PSP, even though you can see that the other two GTA games were quite popular! So I assume the overall relative failure of CW could be either because nowadays top-down-GTA-games are not as popular as GTAIII-style-games (most likely IMO!) or because it was not exclusive to the PSP and that`s why it didn`t sell on that system (people might have bought it for DS-version beforehand - don`t think it has mattered much though, since there are still at least approx. 2,5 Million (3,7Mio-1Mio-500T) people who didn`t buy CW for either DS or PSP!!).

So I`m not quite sure if CW, particularly on DS, can really be called a flop. If you ask me clearly not!

(actually I don`t know how reliable VGCharts is but other numbers of games I do know their sales were exactly according to what I know so I think they are reliable...)
I love it when people assume something without researching it just because they want it to be true...

On Topic: I don`t find enjoyment out of GTA, so I don`t really care. I`d much rather see Shenmue III on WiiHD/2
tongue.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I love being able to see ten feet infront of me in any direction, unless I'm driving really fast at which point my framerate drops completely.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
I love being able to see ten feet infront of me in any direction, unless I'm driving really fast at which point my framerate drops completely.
Why have I never experienced this?
unsure.gif

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this means CAFE will get the superior console version just like 360 got the superior console version of GTA IV.

CAFE will be the most powerful console on the market when this game launches in fall 2012. So it only makes sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright