EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
01net - known for their leaks being spot-on - have stated that Rockstar Games already have a Wii successor development kit. The studio are currently working on a Grand Theft Auto V port for the system which they hope will be a launch title.

According to their source, the system's launch is currently expected to take place in late 2012 in America, Europe and Australia with Japan getting it a few months earlier. There will also be playable demo units available at E3 this year which will show off the system's graphical power.

Nintendo will be holding an investor's meeting on April 26th in Japan, if the company plan on officially confirming the Wii 2's existence this month, it is going to be at that event.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/25990/?
http://gamekyo.com/newsfr40670_01net-le-pr...2012-gta-v.html

Z

Zorua

Wow, at least the wii 2's official now. I'm looking forward to it.
@Canonbeat: Ever heard of Chinatown wars?

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Canonbeat234 said:
Wait, a GTA game on a 'NINTENDO' licensed console system. Read my sentence and find an error there please.
Why not? The Wii had Manhunt 2 and Bully.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is one of those rumors that is extremely hard to believe... It's a console that isn't out yet and a game is probably being made that is certainly not the target audience of the console..... I remember when a game like madworld was released for the wii, people found it outrageous. Not really great publicity for nintendo if this turns out to be true... Only thing I can say at this point is da f*censor*?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Rumor or not, GTA on a Nintendo console is plausible, I ain't even gonna feed into these rumors about Wii 2, unless Nintendo speak.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canonbeat234 said:
Wait, a GTA game on a 'NINTENDO' licensed console system. Read my sentence and find an error there please.

404, error not found

806361296827813.jpg

1742x.jpg

61b3bbi350lsl500aa300.jpg

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
BlueStar said:
Canonbeat234 said:

404, error not found
Yes but none has been ever made on a home console.
CanonBeat only mentioned Nintendo Licensed systems, he wasn't being specific to home consoles.

It sounds like a rumour, but I could imagine it happening.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the implication was that Nintendo or rockstsr wouldn't allow it for some reason like moral objection or Nintendo gamers being the wrong audience? Wh at difference does portability or otherwise make to that?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
haflore said:
I hope it turns out to be true, it certainly would do a lot to draw in the "hardcore."

It really wouldn't. People would just go "Huh? The Wii successor? It'll probably just be a cartoony GTA. I'll go back to playing SAINTS ROW THE THIRD because SAINTS ROW is a much better series."

SAINTS ROW BITCHES

edit: Hell rockstar have probably had to stoop this low after how badly SR2 embarrassed GTAIV in terms of being a fun game.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii 2 or whateveri it will be called, is supposed to be aimed towards a more mature and "hard core" audience. Less shovel ware a casual games like the Wii. This helps confirm that.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
haflore said:
I hope it turns out to be true, it certainly would do a lot to draw in the "hardcore."

It really wouldn't. People would just go "Huh? The Wii successor? It'll probably just be a cartoony GTA. I'll go back to playing SAINTS ROW THE THIRD because SAINTS ROW is a much better series."

SAINTS ROW BITCHES

edit: Hell rockstar have probably had to stoop this low after how badly SR2 embaressed GTAIV in terms of being a fun game.
Yeah...not talking about the real hardcore audience. I'm talking about the masses of people who think they're hardcore because the games they play are rated M/18+ etc.

The real hardcore set will either play it or not, based on if they like the series or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later